Starkiller Requirement Predictions

13Next

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lmfao…R5 to participate with marquees. $$$$$ grab bby

End of year, you not see the conquest packs, calendar packs, character and gear packs? Got to get their profits up for the end of the year and their investors.

Hopefully people show self control and don’t drop 1k plus on these characters. I doubt it though.

I'm sure some will. But I'm not too upset about the requirements (assuming that at least a couple will fit in with teams I'll actually use). R5 is the new g11 so that is to be expected at this point. Anything less and the requirements would be useless anyway. And R5 is before you start needing any of the super difficult relic materials.

On the bright side, the event is permanently available so if you miss it by a day you don't have to wait months to get it. I actually prefer making the event available to the whales immediately to the wait months to announce it then give you a weeks notice.
  • Release the Krakens!
  • I have a thought, Dash Rendar is obviously from "Shadows of the Empire", Starkiller operated in the shadows of the empire as Vader's secret apprentice/assassin, so I was wondering if that could be the theme for the remaining requirements?

Mara Jade as the Emperor's Hand would follow this theme too.
  • Some of these predictions are straight trash.
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Lore-wise / most related to Starkiller/TFU (note: I haven't played those games, just going off what I've read):
    - Juno Eclipse (especially because this gives the chance of having the Rogue Shadow as a ship with her and SK as pilots) - Empire
    - PROXY (could a fighting game mimic-type character that copies random abilities work in this game? I don't know, but regardless this would make sense as a requirement) - Droid, Empire?
    - Rahm Kota - Jedi, Rebel?
    These would make the most sense for SK. But we already know this game doesn't always make the most sense with how it releases things and assigns requirements. And we already see a twist with including Dash Rendar, so the above is probably at least partially wrong.

What I'd like to see:
    Mara Jade - Empire?
    Dr Aphra - Empire, Scoundrel?
    0-0-0 / BT-1 - Empire?, Droid

Other possibilities:
    Corran Horn from Rogue Squadron - Rebel
    Prince Xizor - Scoundrel? or some new tag?
    Kyle Katarn (don't know much about this guy) - Jedi?
    Iden Versio - Empire, Imperial Remnant
  • Release the Krakens!

I think people are overestimating the popularity of these. My guild always sees around 4-5 7* day one of a marquee and we’ve seen zero this time. I know that is only one guild but I don’t think this is going to be as popular as they hoped.
  • E3P0 wrote: »
    Lore-wise / most related to Starkiller/TFU (note: I haven't played those games, just going off what I've read):
    - Juno Eclipse (especially because this gives the chance of having the Rogue Shadow as a ship with her and SK as pilots) - Empire
    - PROXY (could a fighting game mimic-type character that copies random abilities work in this game? I don't know, but regardless this would make sense as a requirement) - Droid, Empire?
    - Rahm Kota - Jedi, Rebel?
    These would make the most sense for SK. But we already know this game doesn't always make the most sense with how it releases things and assigns requirements. And we already see a twist with including Dash Rendar, so the above is probably at least partially wrong.

What I'd like to see:
    Mara Jade - Empire?
    Dr Aphra - Empire, Scoundrel?
    0-0-0 / BT-1 - Empire?, Droid

Other possibilities:
    Corran Horn from Rogue Squadron - Rebel
    Prince Xizor - Scoundrel? or some new tag?
    Kyle Katarn (don't know much about this guy) - Jedi?
    Iden Versio - Empire, Imperial Remnant

Doctor Aphra and the droids are canon so that wouldn't fit with the Legends theme. Same thing would apply to Iden Versio.

I'm not sure they would pull multiple characters from the same property, so I would think Xizor is unlikely as well as any of other characters the Force Unleashed games.

I would think the other three are going to be pretty big EU names. Dash is the main character from the SOTE game as Starkiller is the main character of the Force Unleashed games. Kyle is a good fit from the several games he was in. Mara Jade would make a lot of sense from the Legends perspective because she is a huge character from those stories. While Zahn has creative control, I wonder if that only extends to books and movies. This game isn't canon so I think her addition is possible. They have stated they aren't strictly going with video games, but that remains to be seen. Once they announce the next character, I think the speculation for the remaining two will become easier.
  • Could we get another reveal today?
    Or will they wait until Monday?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Could we get another reveal today?
    Or will they wait until Monday?

Monday seems to be a greater possibility than today. I’m sure they want people to whale on Dash first, then they’ll announce the next reveal.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Release the Krakens!

I think people are overestimating the popularity of these. My guild always sees around 4-5 7* day one of a marquee and we’ve seen zero this time. I know that is only one guild but I don’t think this is going to be as popular as they hoped.

Could be due to the state of the game and not the character itself
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    Release the Krakens!

Could be due to the state of the game and not the character itself

Probably a combination. Even Fennec had some relic activity day in my shard and guild.
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Doctor Aphra and the droids are canon so that wouldn't fit with the Legends theme. Same thing would apply to Iden Versio.

I'm not sure they would pull multiple characters from the same property, so I would think Xizor is unlikely as well as any of other characters the Force Unleashed games.

I would think the other three are going to be pretty big EU names. Dash is the main character from the SOTE game as Starkiller is the main character of the Force Unleashed games. Kyle is a good fit from the several games he was in. Mara Jade would make a lot of sense from the Legends perspective because she is a huge character from those stories. While Zahn has creative control, I wonder if that only extends to books and movies. This game isn't canon so I think her addition is possible. They have stated they aren't strictly going with video games, but that remains to be seen. Once they announce the next character, I think the speculation for the remaining two will become easier.

Okay, I was admittedly pretty fuzzy on the distinction between their new definition of Legends vs Canon, vs the old EU label. In that case though, Corran Horn would probably be pretty likely, no?

Also, I would disagree about them not releasing multiple characters per property. Especially for TFU in this case; I can plausibly see at least one of the requirements being directly related to Starkiller's lore. There's already a bad enough imbalance between LS and DS toons (just compare faction sizes like Rebels vs Empire or Jedi vs Sith). And if they only focus on main characters/protagonists, that will just continue to grow more and more lopsided. Also, we've seen before that if they don't release related characters together they don't tend to revisit that for a looong time (see: Solo toons being released but never getting Beckett or Dryden Vos).

Whatever the case, it's true that it's hard to speculate with the limited information we have so far. As there's just so many directions they could potentially go.
  • I'd be down for Zayne Carrick ! Would be dope !
  • I absolutely think one of the last two will be Mara Jade, almost assuredly. Since Dash, Kyle and Starkiller himself are from videogames I think all of them will be from videogames, and Mara was in a Jedi Knight expansion called Mysteries of the Sith.

That last one? I don't know but I am hoping against all hope that it's Maarek Stele. He was the player character from the TIE Fighter game (in my honest, no exaggerating opinion the best videogame ever made). I think this is actually pretty feasible, since we desperately need some new non-capital ships, and Maarek would have any TIE variant to choose from (although of course I'd like to see an Interceptor or Defender) and would also synergize nicely with Executor.
  • I absolutely think one of the last two will be Mara Jade, almost assuredly

She was already confirmed
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Darth Malgus
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I bet the last requirement will be,

A character from legends.
  • A Sith character from Legends.
    SemiGod wrote: »
    I bet the last requirement will be,

A character from legends.