Sidious

philbert_tkd
91 posts Member
edited December 2015
Does this guy have a high dodge chance or some other broken mechanic? I know he can dodge and deflect Jedi, but seriously, this guy is dodging my non Jedi toons left and right. Six attacks by Dooku, all dodged, and then Chewbacca missed a couple. All in all I spent 4 minutes fighting him alone.

Replies

• He os definitely dodging way to much. Since I reached about level 55 he has dodged over 50% of my attacks. It seems to be related to gear and level as well as when I face lower level Sidous he goes straight down.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Keaven wrote: »
    He os definitely dodging way to much. Since I reached about level 55 he has dodged over 50% of my attacks. It seems to be related to gear and level as well as when I face lower level Sidous he goes straight down.

Literally just did a match, he dodged EVERY attack I used on him by a Jedi, melee or special attack. this is ridiculous. I spent the entire match trying to kill him with Dooku and Chewbacca, and his team crushed me despite having over 1000 attack points on them, simply cause Sidious would not get hit.
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • Not seeing the same thing at all. Just RNG variance. Had no problems killing him with non-Jedi in GW today.
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Not seeing the same thing at all. Just RNG variance. Had no problems killing him with non-Jedi in GW today.

This game doesn't have an RNG, this has been proven already. It predetermines the outcome of the match before you make the first move and what will not work successfully.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Not seeing the same thing at all. Just RNG variance. Had no problems killing him with non-Jedi in GW today.

This game doesn't have an RNG, this has been proven already. It predetermines the outcome of the match before you make the first move and what will not work successfully.

That's not true.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »

That's not true.

Actually it is, I proved it on the galactic conquest battles. The game will follow a predetermined path at the start of the match and if you do X, the game responds with Y every time. Therefore, when you do any match, it has already determined what path it will follow based upon your actions. If you change up X, it has a different Y already determined.

As a result, before you enter a match against say Stormtrooper Han or Chewbacca, it has determined if you will get to purge the taunt ability using Assaj Ventress.

It has determined if Sidious will get to apply the heal debuff, dodge all your attacks, or if Dooku will get stuns off.
  • he proved it, believe him. All words on the intrawebs are true factual statements. Or maybe not. The defender does seem to have a leg up in the probabilities department but not insurmountable. And i'm fairly certain because I've proven it to my own satisfaction at any rate. I've changed my tactics since I first started playing and darned if it hasn't resulted in big differences in my effectiveness in pvp and gw.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    That doesn't mean there is no RNG. It means the random numbers are prerolled using a fixed seed and a pseudorandom number generator, so that the client can play matches without constantly having to talk to the server. Basically, the dice are rolled in advance and put in a big table for the fight. When a random number is needed for something, it is taken from the table in order. If you restart the fight, you get the same table, and so if you do things in the same order, the same things happen.
    If it were truly not random, then the same fight between two identical teams would happen the same way every time. (Such as the challenges.) That is not the case. It is only the same if you repeat a fight by force-closing.
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »
    That doesn't mean there is no RNG. It means the random numbers are prerolled using a fixed seed and a pseudorandom number generator, so that the client can play matches without constantly having to talk to the server. Basically, the dice are rolled in advance and put in a big table for the fight. When a random number is needed for something, it is taken from the table in order. If you restart the fight, you get the same table, and so if you do things in the same order, the same things happen.
    If it were truly not random, then the same fight between two identical teams would happen the same way every time. (Such as the challenges.) That is not the case. It is only the same if you repeat a fight by force-closing.

Not an RNG in the way I play RPGs, and no RPG I have played has used this method. To me, any RPG that predetermines the outcome is not using an RNG to me. At that point, it is now predetermined fate on the outcome and I just have to hopefully get the right clicks.
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    5% health
    Dodge
    Dodge
    Deflect
    Dodge
    Full heal

Predetermined by the game.
  • Same issue here yet MY sidious won't barely dodge s***. They need to fix this.
  • Altho Im not saying it's not true and all (I did sent Jesse a msg about this), it is sort of anti Cheat that's not working. If you force close game and restart you will restart with all chars alive.
    I did notice if I do this and attack the same toon I attacked before force close down, it will repeat the EXACT same battle. However if I start differently (i.e. sidious doing basic attack instead of AOE attack), the whole predetermined thing doesn't count.
    I did this yesterday and tried 8x to defeat a lvl 50 team (I'm 59). In my first "tactic" I would have lost, after changing it, I won. It's not predetermined in that way that if the game "decides" you lose that you lose. You can beat the AI but you need to do it differently.

I messaged Jesse as it requires a hotfix. Don't call it cheating but an exploit that I'm sure a lot of people already discovered and are using.
    Since I had no response the last 48 and I know Jesse did read it, I couldn't care less to keep using it. Seems they have no intention of hotfixing this so freepass for me to keep using it imo.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am referring to the arena matches here, not the galactic conquest. Lost the match following the above scenario of multiple dodges and deflects. Even Chewbacca was not getting hits on him (I was unaware Chewbacca was a Jedi?)

Interestingly it benefited me just now. I did an AOE attack with him against 5 Jedi, and he dodged all of them when they retaliated/counter attacked (the one Jedi that has the group counter attack triggered it).
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Not an RNG in the way I play RPGs, and no RPG I have played has used this method. To me, any RPG that predetermines the outcome is not using an RNG to me. At that point, it is now predetermined fate on the outcome and I just have to hopefully get the right clicks.

It's not predetermining the outcome. It's predetermining the dice rolls. The outcome depends on the combination of your actions and the dice rolls. It doesn't matter when the dice are rolled.

Scenario A: You start a fight, and use a Jedi to attack Sidious, who has a 35% evade chance. The program that determines attack outcomes calls the random roll subroutine, which uses an algorithm to randomly determine 33, so he evades.
    Scenario B: You start a fight, and use a Jedi to attack Sidious, who has a 35% evade chance. The program that determines attack outcomes calls the random roll subroutine, which uses a table containing numbers it previously generated using the same algorithm. The first number is 33, so he evades.
    They are exactly the same. The only difference is that you can't force-close the game and try again until he fails his evade.
  • His Dodge and Dookus multi attack seem to both be a bit crazy the last few days. I had Sid Dodge Lum force blast, than Leia, than himself, then Vader then Lando AOE, at that point Dooku came and hit Lando 4 times and Sid 2 more without anyone else going. I was able to get through the battle, but that was a bit extreme, 5 dodges in a row by Sid followed by 6 strait Dooku attacks.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

It's not predetermining the outcome. It's predetermining the dice rolls. The outcome depends on the combination of your actions and the dice rolls. It doesn't matter when the dice are rolled.

How far ahead does it predetermine? Regardless, any form of predetermining is in my opinion removing the RNG, because the game has already determined the outcome. It removes the "random" from RNG, because at this point you are now trapped in fate, the game has decided the fate before you decide what to do.
  • @Philbert....I've seen what you refer to in GW if you force quit and start over. The AI will tend to lead off in a similar pattern. This won't happen the exact same though if you follow battles through and restart. Yes the AI may be taking over and having the enemy perform the same hits / actions on the same toons as that is its battle approach, but things like stun or no stun, heal block or no heal block...or my stun / heal block or crits, etc. landing or not landing will vary.
  • Cleaner
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    No problems killing Sidious here, but then I roll with two Jedi max. Sid literally exterminated the Jedi order single handedly, did he not? It sure wasn't an Ewok
  • Cleaner wrote: »
    No problems killing Sidious here, but then I roll with two Jedi max. Sid literally exterminated the Jedi order single handedly, did he not? It sure wasn't an Ewok

Funny because whenever I fight a team with Sidious on it, my Dooku never gets a stun off, then he dodges the first round of all my Jedi attacks. Every. Single. Time.

overpowered as hell.

But the enemy Dooku always gets a stun off first round.
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    philbert_tkd I've told you on another thread if you don't like the way the game handles its battles you should just quit. You'll be happier and so will we.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Philbert read his tooltip? He has a chance of stunning JEDI so ofcourse you can never stun a Sidious with your Dooku. That's why 50% of these so called bug reports are false since people have no clue what attacks do.
    AI beats you cause obviously you have more Jedi than non jedi so Dooku gets a 35% chance to ability block and his multi attack on lvl 5 is 40%. Don't waste force wave on sidious unless you want to take a gamble but don't go ranting on forum about your bad luck.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Philbert read his tooltip? He has a chance of stunning JEDI so ofcourse you can never stun a Sidious with your Dooku. That's why 50% of these so called bug reports are false since people have no clue what attacks do.

AI beats you cause obviously you have more Jedi than non jedi so Dooku gets a 35% chance to ability block and his multi attack on lvl 5 is 40%. Don't waste force wave on sidious unless you want to take a gamble but don't go ranting on forum about your bad luck.

Read the tool tip yourself, Simple Mind. My Count Dooku Force Lightning:

"Deal Special damage to target enemy with a 40% chance to Stun for 1 turn, and a 40% chance to stun a random target. The chance of Stun on the primary target is increased to 90% if the primary target is a a Jedi."

So shut up and learn to read, Simple Mind, there is a reason I am frequently in the top 10 in my arena matches.

As for Sidious, being as he has a heal debuff, I tend to take him down first. But as the game already predetermines the outcomes, I go in there, get Sidious down to 1%, then he dodges my next 5 attacks and gets a full heal.
    philbert_tkd I've told you on another thread if you don't like the way the game handles its battles you should just quit. You'll be happier and so will we.

I pay, I will speak my mind.