Kit Reveal: Dash Rendar

2Next

Replies

  • Dash lead, L3, Vandor Chewie, Young Han and Qi'Ra will be very interesting. Vandir chewie will be tough as a whole coffin with that extra max health from the unique and lead prepared bonus.

    Dash's basic and his AoE are absolute mobstrous TM trains with his unique. 3 hits on 5 enemies that cant be evaded, thats 15 hits aka 30% turnmeter which should not be neglected.

    Qi'ra getting extra speed will help her greatly. Combined with her unique, thanks to Dash, she will go haywire with all that TM from multi attacks.

    BUT this team is evidently zeta heavy. You will at the very least need young han and vandor zetas. And Vandor should be as high relic as possible for all the health.

    This team will definetly see improvement, even if it still wont even scratch top teams.
  • I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?

    If you want to engage the final tier that gives you omnicron you need Dash at 5 stars and marquee event gives him 3 stars. So you need to buy (money or crystals) the shards missing with packs, as it may (farming cadence is not out yet) not be farmable when the marquee event will be online.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?

    If you want to engage the final tier that gives you omnicron you need Dash at 5 stars and marquee event gives him 3 stars. So you need to buy (money or crystals) the shards missing with packs, as it may (farming cadence is not out yet) not be farmable when the marquee event will be online.

    Not to mention you only got a month if you want to unlock starkiller on release (assuming he is powerful enough to warrant it) and you need Relic 5 in that month.

    Thats a worse short-notice marquee relic requirement than JML was, and he had both MM and Chewpio needed roughly 2-3 months post release. And starkiller needs 4 of those.
  • Sebek
    2294 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?

    If you want to engage the final tier that gives you omnicron you need Dash at 5 stars and marquee event gives him 3 stars. So you need to buy (money or crystals) the shards missing with packs, as it may (farming cadence is not out yet) not be farmable when the marquee event will be online.

    Not to mention you only got a month if you want to unlock starkiller on release (assuming he is powerful enough to warrant it) and you need Relic 5 in that month.

    Thats a worse short-notice marquee relic requirement than JML was, and he had both MM and Chewpio needed roughly 2-3 months post release. And starkiller needs 4 of those.

    But the event will be permament.
    Remember: reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy gold. Bye!
  • Sebek wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?

    If you want to engage the final tier that gives you omnicron you need Dash at 5 stars and marquee event gives him 3 stars. So you need to buy (money or crystals) the shards missing with packs, as it may (farming cadence is not out yet) not be farmable when the marquee event will be online.

    Not to mention you only got a month if you want to unlock starkiller on release (assuming he is powerful enough to warrant it) and you need Relic 5 in that month.

    Thats a worse short-notice marquee relic requirement than JML was, and he had both MM and Chewpio needed roughly 2-3 months post release. And starkiller needs 4 of those.

    But the event will be permament.

    Yeah, hence the remark that the deadline assumes Starkiller warrants it.
  • Sebek
    2294 posts Member
    edited November 17
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?

    If you want to engage the final tier that gives you omnicron you need Dash at 5 stars and marquee event gives him 3 stars. So you need to buy (money or crystals) the shards missing with packs, as it may (farming cadence is not out yet) not be farmable when the marquee event will be online.

    Not to mention you only got a month if you want to unlock starkiller on release (assuming he is powerful enough to warrant it) and you need Relic 5 in that month.

    Thats a worse short-notice marquee relic requirement than JML was, and he had both MM and Chewpio needed roughly 2-3 months post release. And starkiller needs 4 of those.

    But the event will be permament.

    Yeah, hence the remark that the deadline assumes Starkiller warrants it.

    Oh, sorry. I interpreted your comment in a different way.
    Remember: reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy gold. Bye!
  • No smuggler tag….even though his best team comp is smugglers and he’s a smuggler in lore….lol ok….
  • kt2ul7fy8snh.png

    How can you dispell something for 2 turns?

    Dispel Stealth. Daze for 2 turns.
  • Ultra
    8516 posts Moderator
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Starkiller reqs required at R5 to participate?! Even JKL wasn't THAT bad!

    Needed more toons though (hence, more gear and relic scraps)

    Needed less marquees though

    Marquees aren't a big deal after 3 months

    Event is always available, and after 3 months, marquees are just like any other pre-req in this game

    This is a very player friendly release imo,

    At least there is no GET gate for newer players, they can easily get Starkiller by marquee farming once they are all farmable

    Starkiller isn't a GL so he won't be dominating the meta anytime either
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    No smuggler tag….even though his best team comp is smugglers and he’s a smuggler in lore….lol ok….

    Why would CG give you another smuggler leader? To make conquest easier for you? You'll use Qi'ra and you'll be quiet.

    /s
  • His kit looks really good for light side scoundrels. Lots of TM gain, buffs and unresistible debuffs. :)

    But did not like the PayWall on top of a marquee character. :/
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    No Smuggler tag? Boo.

    Paywall to access part of the marquee event? Double boo.
    Yep

    More like CASH Rendar, amirite

  • Ultra wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Starkiller reqs required at R5 to participate?! Even JKL wasn't THAT bad!

    Needed more toons though (hence, more gear and relic scraps)

    Needed less marquees though

    Marquees aren't a big deal after 3 months

    Event is always available, and after 3 months, marquees are just like any other pre-req in this game

    This is a very player friendly release imo,

    At least there is no GET gate for newer players, they can easily get Starkiller by marquee farming once they are all farmable

    Starkiller isn't a GL so he won't be dominating the meta anytime either

    If the Marquee Characters aren’t adjusted, FTP won’t be able to unlock Starkiller for at least 2 months (unless they have a massive pile of crystals). Maybe 3 because that’s 4 new farms to do.

    And, Starkiller isn’t a GL. But he’s fairly likely to at least be Empire and possibly Unaligned Force User. He can definitely be meta defining.

    CAT being exclusive to heavy Conquest pushers for 3 weeks was awful. This could be much much worse.
  • Smuggler tag?
  • Rendar sounds like reindeer so Imma call him Rudolf the padded smuggler
  • Ultra wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Starkiller reqs required at R5 to participate?! Even JKL wasn't THAT bad!

    Needed more toons though (hence, more gear and relic scraps)

    Needed less marquees though

    Marquees aren't a big deal after 3 months

    Event is always available, and after 3 months, marquees are just like any other pre-req in this game

    This is a very player friendly release imo,

    At least there is no GET gate for newer players, they can easily get Starkiller by marquee farming once they are all farmable

    Starkiller isn't a GL so he won't be dominating the meta anytime either

    Asuming he wont dominate with LV. Doubt they would give him such high requirements without giving people a good reason to get him ASAP.
  • GRANDOLA wrote: »
    kt2ul7fy8snh.png

    How can you dispell something for 2 turns?

    I think it means it dazes for 2 turns.

    Good sign that I need sleep.
    Or a serious cognitive reevaluation.

    It is more of a sign that CG's writer needs Oxford commas.
  • I don't think there is a paywall on the 4 marquee events, just the Starkiller Legacy/Legends permanent one?

    The omicron Legacy Tier is paywalled. This isn't as bad as I initially thought, but it is unprecedented to have marquee content unavailable to F2P.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Starkiller reqs required at R5 to participate?! Even JKL wasn't THAT bad!

    Needed more toons though (hence, more gear and relic scraps)

    Needed less marquees though

    Marquees aren't a big deal after 3 months

    Event is always available, and after 3 months, marquees are just like any other pre-req in this game

    This is a very player friendly release imo,

    At least there is no GET gate for newer players, they can easily get Starkiller by marquee farming once they are all farmable

    Starkiller isn't a GL so he won't be dominating the meta anytime either

    Let's wait how he in interacts with LV before saying that he won't be dominating the meta ;)

    I'm pretty sure that's an intenational move from CG to be sure sure that whales who paid for LV will reinforce their roster, by buying agin, with an ultimate toon that lastly complete LV's team...
  • Ultra
    8516 posts Moderator
    Thanks Doja

    Now that makes Dash super good in Conquest too for smuggler feats!
  • Yesterday I brought up the sentiment regarding lack of a Smuggler tag to the devs. Just received feedback stating we're gonna be adding the Smuggler tag to Dash!

    I'm glad it worked out. Otherwise, many of us might have had a chip on our shoulder...pads.
    That is good.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    Dash lead, L3, Vandor Chewie, Young Han and Qi'Ra will be very interesting. Vandir chewie will be tough as a whole coffin with that extra max health from the unique and lead prepared bonus.

    Dash's basic and his AoE are absolute mobstrous TM trains with his unique. 3 hits on 5 enemies that cant be evaded, thats 15 hits aka 30% turnmeter which should not be neglected.

    Qi'ra getting extra speed will help her greatly. Combined with her unique, thanks to Dash, she will go haywire with all that TM from multi attacks.

    BUT this team is evidently zeta heavy. You will at the very least need young han and vandor zetas. And Vandor should be as high relic as possible for all the health.

    This team will definetly see improvement, even if it still wont even scratch top teams.

    Maybe remove young han for young lando, another cleanse is needed.

    In these days usually l337 got her taunt dispelled and no one dispell debuff, and everyone dazed to die.
  • Zanir
    333 posts Member
    edited November 18
    Dash is very much like MM: one new toon comes, takes an obsolete faction and makes a useful squad. Really wish his lead was capped off with a zeta though. Limiting the ability that will make or break the squad to one game mode is really meh. Tossing a mode-limited upgrade on old toons like Phasma when the new ability seems to have the potential to supercharge Phasma into the stratosphere is fine, but that tier 8 upgrade on Dash feels like not enough to lock it into just GAC, and he's a new marquee. Phasma is years old.

    If omicrons are gonna appear on all new toons going forward, I will very quickly become sour on them. Super exclusive ability mats that give viability only in one gamemode is a meh design to begin with. Phasma's actually looks like an ability that could be on a Galactic Legend. Dash's very much does not, it just makes prepared smugglers actually useful.
  • Winterwolves
    525 posts Member
    edited November 18
    Testing out this lead, it appears if a unit already has prepared, and gains it again, they do not get offense and crit damage up.

    Example, Qi-ra will gain prepared when dash attacks and gets 2 crits. She gets the animation of gaining prepared, but no buffs. Likewise if you use young Lando or Han to pass prepared they unit they pass it to don't get those buffs.

    So not quite as good as I first thought. The wording of the lead should be changed to show this. So it should be "If a unit is not prepared and they gain prepared then...". It may mean you can only ever gain those buffs once in GAC too, depending on how the lose it, gain it sequencing works.

    Also L3-37 never gets those buffs, because her unique gives her prepared before Dash's lead kicks in.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Dash lead, L3, Vandor Chewie, Young Han and Qi'Ra will be very interesting. Vandir chewie will be tough as a whole coffin with that extra max health from the unique and lead prepared bonus.

    Dash's basic and his AoE are absolute mobstrous TM trains with his unique. 3 hits on 5 enemies that cant be evaded, thats 15 hits aka 30% turnmeter which should not be neglected.

    Qi'ra getting extra speed will help her greatly. Combined with her unique, thanks to Dash, she will go haywire with all that TM from multi attacks.

    BUT this team is evidently zeta heavy. You will at the very least need young han and vandor zetas. And Vandor should be as high relic as possible for all the health.

    This team will definetly see improvement, even if it still wont even scratch top teams.

    Maybe remove young han for young lando, another cleanse is needed.

    In these days usually l337 got her taunt dispelled and no one dispell debuff, and everyone dazed to die.

    Young Han is the dps on the prepared smuggler squad, his kit is far superior to YLando's.
  • Zanir wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Dash lead, L3, Vandor Chewie, Young Han and Qi'Ra will be very interesting. Vandir chewie will be tough as a whole coffin with that extra max health from the unique and lead prepared bonus.

    Dash's basic and his AoE are absolute mobstrous TM trains with his unique. 3 hits on 5 enemies that cant be evaded, thats 15 hits aka 30% turnmeter which should not be neglected.

    Qi'ra getting extra speed will help her greatly. Combined with her unique, thanks to Dash, she will go haywire with all that TM from multi attacks.

    BUT this team is evidently zeta heavy. You will at the very least need young han and vandor zetas. And Vandor should be as high relic as possible for all the health.

    This team will definetly see improvement, even if it still wont even scratch top teams.

    Maybe remove young han for young lando, another cleanse is needed.

    In these days usually l337 got her taunt dispelled and no one dispell debuff, and everyone dazed to die.

    Young Han is the dps on the prepared smuggler squad, his kit is far superior to YLando's.

    It takes a while for young Han's damage to ramp up to the point where it is more than young Lando starts off. Young Lando is going to be doing double damage on his basic from turn 1 under Dash. For a short battle Lando will be better. If Han actually gets about 6 turns (and has protection up) he'll be better, plus his assists will put him ahead after more turns too.

    I'll probably actually sit Qi-ra out of the squad, use her very good lead for some other scoundrels. So I'll be able to take both damage dealers.
  • kt2ul7fy8snh.png

    How can you dispell something for 2 turns?

    Dispells stealth and then dazes for 2 turn
Sign In or Register to comment.