GL Leia... Please?

Prev1
crasysab
26 posts Member
edited August 2023
Can we please have Leia as a GL? She is the daughter of Anakin Skywalker, arguably the leader of the Rebels (I know not literally but she may as well be) and played a key part in so many battles. Not to mention forming the resistance against the First Order...

Leia is one of my fav characters in Star Wars so it would be sick if we can get her as a GL. Maybe release her next year as a tribute for her birthday?

GL Leia
Rebels, Resistance, Jedi (she trained with Luke), Light Side.

Please give us this. Also, do NOT make her an "unaligned force user". She trained to be a Jedi with Luke, built her own lightsaber AND carried on Reys Jedi training. Rey even called her master so don't be dumb.

Her abilities could be like...

"It's not over yet" - Revives and heals all Rebel, resistance or Jedi allies and heals them to max health and protection.

"We're on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan" - Becomes untargetable for 3 turns and selected ally gains stealth for the same amount of time.

"Someone who loves you" - If Han Solo is in the party he gains +50% damage, crit chance and potency.

"There's still good in him I know it" - If the enemy leader is Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, GL Leia sacrifices herself and instantly defeats him.

"Leia Skywalker" - Leias bloodline has a strong connection to the force and so boosts the attack, defence, potency and crit chance by 10% (stacking) of all light side Jedi, after each of her turns, if she is in the leader slot.

Her Ultimate could be something like...

"Rally the Galaxy" - Leia rallies the galaxy against tyranny calling a random ally to appear in the ally slot. This ally takes on the same stats as Leia and assists every member of the squad after they attack or use an ability. They also bring the power of the galaxy with them.

Just some off the top of my head abilities which could be build on. It would actually be sick if we can get her in game.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Options
    "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" Leia is flying around just too show of a bit
  • Options
    Funniest part is where you think she'd be a jedi
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Where’s the move that lets her fly around?

Also, why should Leia have the Jedi tag, despite not being one, when JTR doesn’t even have the Jedi tag?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • MilHanso
    292 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Galactic Legend Mary Poppins :#
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    I see the 30+ year olds have found my post...
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    crasysab wrote: »

Nice broad brush you are painting with there.

I'm pushing 50 and think TLJ is amazing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah well 30+ year olds always seem to hate on younger people... They think we know nothing.

Idc though Leia is legit and needs to be a GL.

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Yeah well 30+ year olds always seem to hate on younger people... They think we know nothing.

And younger people hate on old people. Welcome to humans.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

And younger people hate on old people. Welcome to humans.

Idc - the point is we need Leia as a GL
  • Options
    GL is a bit much for her… it’s like when people were thinking the new Maul would be a GL.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Edit: Forgot there is already a Journey Guide (well, TB) version of Leia. So, I’d say a Leia GL would work, as General Organa.
    Post edited by Xcien on

• Options
    Well I like TLJ too and I'm 44. The only thing that really bothers me in the movie is the way Luke was depicted. Otherwise I was just joking.

Now comparing Leia to Maul is totally unacceptable. Leia is much more important to Star Wars than Maul. She's as important as Luke, or Han, or Palpatine, or Kenobi... On the other hand Maul isn't, he's just the bad guy from TPM that is chopped in half and because of the fanbase he was "resurrected" but never appeared in another movie again.

On the other hand Leia is a major protagonist in 3 Star Wars movies and appears on 3 others, and if it wasn't for the death of Carrie Fisher she would probably have a bigger impact in Rey's training and development in RoS. You guys need to deal with this.

So, tbh, and joking aside, of course Leia needs to have a GL of her own. And I think they'll do it, just not now that the community seems a little bit saturated of GLs. But probably on the next wave they'll bring her to the holotables.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Well I like TLJ too and I'm 44. The only thing that really bothers me in the movie is the way Luke was depicted. Otherwise I was just joking.

Now comparing Leia to Maul is totally unacceptable. Leia is much more important to Star Wars than Maul. She's as important as Luke, or Han, or Palpatine, or Kenobi... On the other hand Maul isn't, he's just the bad guy from TPM that is chopped in half and because of the fanbase he was "resurrected" but never appeared in another movie again.

On the other hand Leia is a major protagonist in 3 Star Wars movies and appears on 3 others, and if it wasn't for the death of Carrie Fisher she would probably have a bigger impact in Rey's training and development in RoS. You guys need to deal with this.

So, tbh, and joking aside, of course Leia needs to have a GL of her own. And I think they'll do it, just not now that the community seems a little bit saturated of GLs. But probably on the next wave they'll bring her to the holotables.

Those are all very good points, and it makes sense for her to be a GL. Who should be her DS counterpart though?

Edit: Wanted to add that I’m in my mid-30s, and like all of the SW movies, even if I have some problems with the prequels and sequels.

• Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    MilHanso wrote: »

Maul appeared in Solo, so he appeared in a movie.

I completely forgot his Solo appearance, but Solo is a completely forgettable movie too, right? That still doesn't make him Leia status anyway.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »

Those are all very good points, and it makes sense for her to be a GL. Who should be her DS counterpart though?

I was thinking about this and what if we had Snoke? No no no before you tread on it hear me out...

I know he didn't have much of a part on screen but his story has been filled out since then. He was the one who turned Kylo to the darkside, was the mastermind behind the "destruction" of the new republic, or the senate at least and turned the First Order from merely an Imperial Remant faction into the most dominant known force in the galaxy. Him being the leader of the first order would also make him the opposite to Leia. I know he was "just" a clone of palpatine but he was also separate to him as Palp saw him as unworthy to carry him. So he was used as a "proxy".
    He also sought to finish the Jedi purge by hunting Luke Skywalker.

It means a return to the sequel era but I can't think of anyone else that could be a rival to Leia.

What do you all think?
  • Options

I was thinking about this and what if we had Snoke? No no no before you tread on it hear me out...

I know he didn't have much of a part on screen but his story has been filled out since then. He was the one who turned Kylo to the darkside, was the mastermind behind the "destruction" of the new republic, or the senate at least and turned the First Order from merely an Imperial Remant faction into the most dominant known force in the galaxy. Him being the leader of the first order would also make him the opposite to Leia. I know he was "just" a clone of palpatine but he was also separate to him as Palp saw him as unworthy to carry him. So he was used as a "proxy".
    He also sought to finish the Jedi purge by hunting Luke Skywalker.

It means a return to the sequel era but I can't think of anyone else that could be a rival to Leia.

What do you all think?

Jabba is the anti Leia. Do I need to explain.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Options
    I am with @TheChild_eats_eggs1 with this one. Jabba is a much better option.

Snoke, oh no, and we already have a FO GL in SLKR, which, imho is much better than Snoke.

Leia as a Rebel GL and Jabba as a BH GL would be way better.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    I am with @TheChild_eats_eggs1 with this one. Jabba is a much better option.

Snoke, oh no, and we already have a FO GL in SLKR, which, imho is much better than Snoke.

Leia as a Rebel GL and Jabba as a BH GL would be way better.

I second this. However, CG did say that Jabba wouldn’t be added due to his size, but they managed to do Malevolence and Executor, so I’m sure they could do it.

• TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    One other thing, if anything, Snoke will be a conquest buddy for SLKR (not necessarily needed)
  • Options
    I agree we need another Leia. and Yes a GL makes perfect sense. the only way she would have the Jedi tag is if it was a Legends Jedi Knight Leia though, which they will probably never do. but "unaligned force user" would be a tag for sure since she IS a force user. She probably needs an attack move too. considering she fights directly in almost all the movies (ok she only shot Poe with a stun gun in the ST. but it was still combat). She did make a lightsaber so I would say give her a gun and a lightsaber move as her special attack.
  • Options
    GL is a bit much for her… it’s like when people were thinking the new Maul would be a GL.

But she IS a galactic Legend, she is the twin sister of Luke Skywalker the daughter of Darth Vader. she is a force user, she slayed Jabba the Hut, helped bring down the Empire. was one of the founders of the New Republic, a leader of the resistance and completed Ray's Jedi Training and sacrificed herself to turn a sith Lord back to the light side. you don't get much more galactic Legend than that.
  • darth_quont0r
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I don't know if leia would be a gl though cause we haven't really seen her fight as a jedi. A general Leia could make a great conquest character though gls need to be the truly top notch characters of the story, the resistance Era is also chalk full of gls so doing something from the galactic civil war makes the most sense, unless they do something from the high republic Era which I don't think is popular enough. Even if they went for rotj endor Leia with rebel and ewok synergy I am not sure who the dark side counter part would be, same goes for the sequel Era. She definitely deserves another version of her character, I wouldn't even be opposed to her joining a light side bh group with her disguise maybe have some kind of thermal detonator threaten similar to nutes extortion.
  • Options

Edit: Forgot there is already a Journey Guide (well, TB) version of Leia. So, I’d say a Leia GL would work, as General Organa.

Too many chars are relic'ed by the other GLs/journeys. Who's gonna be the requirements then? SThan?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

Too many chars are relic'ed by the other GLs/journeys. Who's gonna be the requirements then? SThan?

I’d imagine CG will probably wait to make more GLs until they have more characters for requirements, so that GL requirements don’t overlap.

• Options

I’d imagine CG will probably wait to make more GLs until they have more characters for requirements, so that GL requirements don’t overlap.

Winter and Senator Bail Organa would make great marquees for her.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • StealthGOBLIN32
    376 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Almost all of her possible pre-reqs are already taken (for any version). I don’t see CG using more than one or two of Han, Chewie, MM, Wedge, Biggs, Rebel Leia, BB8, R2, Holdo, JTR or Stick Rey. Be careful what you ask for. R8 Rolo, R8 ST Han, R8 R2, R8 Hera, a 6* ship from conquest, and 10 marquees doesn’t sound fun.
    3v3 FTW
  • darth_quont0r
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    It's possible starkiller and the run of marquees are setting up for something else, could also see something come out of Boba and shand
  • Options

I Think a light side Ben Solo would be a good choice too. Would love to see that. do all the GL legends have to have pre-reqs have to be unique for unlocking them though? it takes forever to unlock an GL anyways surely there could be some overlap.

I would say they would need for a GL General Leia

Ben Solo (Redeemed) (New character) Relic 7
    Jedi Master Luke Skywalker relic 5
    Resistance Hero Poe Dameron Relic 5
    Smuggler Veteran Han Solo Relic 5
    Smuggler Chewbacca 5

Jedi Training Rey Relic 5
    Raddus Level 7
    Rebel Officer Leia Organa Relic 5
    Endor Leia Relic 7 (new)
    Amilyn Holdo Relic 5

C-3po Relic 3
    R2-D2-Relic 3
    Padme Amidala Relic 7
    Anakin Skywalker Relic 7
    Wicket Relic 5

• Options
    KaloVisor wrote: »

I Think a light side Ben Solo would be a good choice too. Would love to see that. do all the GL legends have to have pre-reqs have to be unique for unlocking them though? it takes forever to unlock an GL anyways surely there could be some overlap.

I would say they would need for a GL General Leia

Ben Solo (Redeemed) (New character) Relic 7
    Jedi Master Luke Skywalker relic 5
    Resistance Hero Poe Dameron Relic 5
    Smuggler Veteran Han Solo Relic 5
    Smuggler Chewbacca 5

Jedi Training Rey Relic 5
    Raddus Level 7
    Rebel Officer Leia Organa Relic 5
    Endor Leia Relic 7 (new)
    Amilyn Holdo Relic 5

C-3po Relic 3
    R2-D2-Relic 3
    Padme Amidala Relic 7
    Anakin Skywalker Relic 7
    Wicket Relic 5

Which Anakin?
    GLs can’t require GLs
    JTR has already been used for 2 GLs
    Overlaps are ok if there aren’t too many.

Otherwise it’s good.
  • Options
    I think the relic requirements are on the low side (unfortunately) more likely 1 or 2 r9 required with min r5 and 3 or 4 r8
This discussion has been closed.