Kit Reveal: Kyle Katarn

2Next

Replies

  • Nauros
    4785 posts Member
    They nailed it with the omicron. Precisely what we need for LS Geo TB without unreasonably boosting Jedi teams everywhere else.
  • I'm excited for Kyle but pretty disappointed that he's a throwaway character just for a different hero's event. Kyle could have very easily have had a full JKR style event going over important battles and events, and the required characters could have included some of the enemies he battles (Jerec, Jerec's dark Jedi, Tavion, Desann), Jan, Jaden, Rosh, Mara, maybe Luke.

    All well should be fun to actually unlock and use Kyle, at least the animations look really cool.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    What animations were people expecting for Lord Vader, really?

    Spin his lightsaber in a circle 10 times before striking with it??

    He doesn't showcase much in his battle vs Kenobi, but I think his animations are fine

    Some characters (Kyle Katarn) have more content to create animations from (two entire games)

    His basic animation is laughable. Its on the same level as characters like Plo Koon. Even JKAs basic animation looks better. And his AoE is literally a carbon copy of Sions. Even though the ability clearly shows Anakins hand doing a force choke they couldnt even bother to copy Darth Vaders animations instead (guessing they thought less people would notice if they picked Sion instead).

    Put the game at 1x speed and use him next to GAS and the difference of quality is staggering. And if you seriously think theres not enough in ROTS to go from I suggest you watch it again. I rewatched his fight with Obi-Wan and saw at least a dozen moves that would have looked 10 times better than what we got.

    But I guess we should give the billion dollar company a break. Theyre obviously doing their best 😒
  • Amaterasu wrote: »
    I'm excited for Kyle but pretty disappointed that he's a throwaway character just for a different hero's event. Kyle could have very easily have had a full JKR style event going over important battles and events, and the required characters could have included some of the enemies he battles (Jerec, Jerec's dark Jedi, Tavion, Desann), Jan, Jaden, Rosh, Mara, maybe Luke.

    All well should be fun to actually unlock and use Kyle, at least the animations look really cool.

    That would have been the dream but TBH I’m glad he’s finally in the game. It’s the one character I wished for since I downloaded it years ago. Maybe they’ll come back around in time with a legacy follow up event giving you their co-stars / enemies etc?
  • starplatinum
    143 posts Member
    edited November 24
    Ultra wrote: »
    What animations were people expecting for Lord Vader, really?

    Spin his lightsaber in a circle 10 times before striking with it??

    He doesn't showcase much in his battle vs Kenobi, but I think his animations are fine

    Some characters (Kyle Katarn) have more content to create animations from (two entire games)

    GL Lord Vader's animations are just plain.
    They could have made him ignite his saber just before striking (or anything spectacular really) would have been satisfying.
    u743d93x2py9.gif
    udsrb7aq8w6e.gif
    Post edited by starplatinum on
  • Guys let's keep this Lord Vader rant to a minimum here (even though i agree with it).
    SiDuke wrote: »
    Amaterasu wrote: »
    I'm excited for Kyle but pretty disappointed that he's a throwaway character just for a different hero's event. Kyle could have very easily have had a full JKR style event going over important battles and events, and the required characters could have included some of the enemies he battles (Jerec, Jerec's dark Jedi, Tavion, Desann), Jan, Jaden, Rosh, Mara, maybe Luke.

    All well should be fun to actually unlock and use Kyle, at least the animations look really cool.

    That would have been the dream but TBH I’m glad he’s finally in the game. It’s the one character I wished for since I downloaded it years ago. Maybe they’ll come back around in time with a legacy follow up event giving you their co-stars / enemies etc?

    I kinda doubt about that because we should start getting new characters from Book of Boba Fett, Obi Wan Kenobi, Andor, Bad Batch S2 next year. Still i am really happy for finally having Kyle ingame. I just hope he doesn't hit like a wet noodle. :D
  • Ultra
    8516 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    What animations were people expecting for Lord Vader, really?

    Spin his lightsaber in a circle 10 times before striking with it??

    He doesn't showcase much in his battle vs Kenobi, but I think his animations are fine

    Some characters (Kyle Katarn) have more content to create animations from (two entire games)

    GL Lord Vader's animations are just plain.
    They could have make him ignite his saber just before striking (or anything spectacular really) would have been satisfying.
    u743d93x2py9.gif
    udsrb7aq8w6e.gif

    I'll admit, I would've loved this over reusing the same animation as JMK for his special 1
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    What animations were people expecting for Lord Vader, really?

    Spin his lightsaber in a circle 10 times before striking with it??

    Yes, that’s exactly what I was expecting.
    ujlf9r0xlxgn.gif

    4thrz.gif

    (Insert helicopter noises)
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    What animations were people expecting for Lord Vader, really?

    Spin his lightsaber in a circle 10 times before striking with it??

    Yes, that’s exactly what I was expecting.
    ujlf9r0xlxgn.gif

    4thrz.gif

    (Insert helicopter noises)

    I think CG is saving that for the Inquisitors
  • Ultra wrote: »
    What animations were people expecting for Lord Vader, really?

    Spin his lightsaber in a circle 10 times before striking with it??

    He doesn't showcase much in his battle vs Kenobi, but I think his animations are fine

    Some characters (Kyle Katarn) have more content to create animations from (two entire games)

    I like LV and his kit, as well as the animations for his specials. Dark Harbinger reminds me of the wild, uncontrolled swings he did while murdering the Separatist Council. But his basic is what annoys me.

    I would much have preferred it if they used some of his trademark high guard attacks that he used consistently throughout the prequel films. I love these because of how well they relate to actual sword fighting techniques. If you are familiar with Anakin in BF2, you will know what swings I am referring to.

    There could even be an increased number of swings for the animation depending on how many ticks of damage he will do with the basic.
  • I WANT MARA JADE KIT REVEAL NOW!!!!
    Calm down! I’m sure it will be here soon enough. In the meantime, let’s enjoy the time in between.
  • ObitoUchiha78
    5 posts Member
    edited November 27
    Looks good
Sign In or Register to comment.