Predictions on the last marque character

13Next

Replies

• Darth Talon
  • Who cares who the last marquee is? Now that the leaks have proven to be true you’d be an **** to spend money on starkiller.
  • Who cares who the last marquee is? Now that the leaks have proven to be true you’d be an **** to spend money on starkiller.

Except for the fact that the leaker said they made everything up. 🤷‍♂️
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Hmm
    Post edited by SemiGod on
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    s3ajkh83bexa.jpeg

Hmm

… well it was unexpected. Or rather very expectable but still unexpected.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    s3ajkh83bexa.jpeg

Hmm

Idk if I've ever downvoted a video so fast.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    s3ajkh83bexa.jpeg

Hmm

Kinda CGs fault that they’re still boycotting their biggest and most influential content creator.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    s3ajkh83bexa.jpeg

Hmm

Kinda CGs fault that they’re still boycotting their biggest and most influential content creator.

I don't disagree that CG should man up and become friends with their biggest content creator, it's an untapped wealth of free advertisement revenue (but I guess they also get that even without directly interacting with him)

But that doesn't excuse Ahnald's behavior with the bait and switch.

Agreed. I could be wrong, but I imagine swgoh videos pull many more views than marvel videos. I think maybe Ahnald was trying to make a joke, I don’t think he would deliberately click bait his audience, but it was still a dumb move.
    MilHanso wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Durandal wrote: »
    Durandal wrote: »
    Darth Malgus.

Malgus gonna be a GL.
    Marka Ragnos a Supreme, above GLs.

What about Vitiate?

Supreme, as Meetra Surik and Revan.

That'd be a dream come true... Unfortunately CG thinks we love Rey, Kylo, Grumpy Luke and Mummified Palpatine instead :s
    I love Kylo

I like all those better than the 2 we got and the 3 coming.

Which three?

Yeah... Which three? I'm starting to think millennials can't do basic math. :neutral:

But seriously if you like Kylo more than Kyle and Mara, that's due to ignorance.

I don’t think he’s the one with ignorance dawg. 😂

Tell me what I'm ignorant of? lol, whatever. I know all of Kylo's lore in the current Kennedy-verse of star wars. It's just dumb, and more importantly inconsistent because there was no over-arching plan to the star wars sequel trilogy so when they would try to explain Kylo or Rey, it'd be undone in the next movie.

Like what you like, but Kylo is not a well developed character.

This is the correct answer. Many of the characters in the sequels are as bad as the Last Jedi. But hey, if Kylo is your thing, stay away from the Kyle and Mara stories, or you might realize how bad kylo was.

• Kylo’s story is simple.

Kid is ignored by his dad as he is out smuggling.
    Kid is ignored by his mom as she is too busy trying to restore the chaos from the Empire.
    Meanwhile, the Kid looks up to his grandfather.
    Kid is sent away to his crazy uncle who is running a Jedi Academy.
    Kid is pulled to the dark side by Sidious.
    Kid is attacked by crazy uncle so he wipes out the Jedi academy.
    Kid is taught by Snoke, aka Sidious, the ways of the dark side.
    He wants to impress his master and is in competition with Hux.
    Meets Rey and wants to train her and have her join him but she fights back and declines.
    Later, he kills his master like all apprentices look to do and he once again asks her to join him, she declines.
    He then takes full control of the First Order and looks to take over the galaxy with Sidious help.
    Asks Rey to join him and she declines again so he defeats her and is about to kill her but the love from his dying mother pulls him back to the light.
    He and Rey go and confront Sidious and defeat him, he sacrifices himself to save Rey.
    Dont see how it is a bad story arch.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    s3ajkh83bexa.jpeg

Hmm

I don't disagree that CG should man up and become friends with their biggest content creator, it's an untapped wealth of free advertisement revenue (but I guess they also get that even without directly interacting with him)

Yeah it definitely doesn’t excuse the clickbait but I mean he’s a YouTuber at the end of the day which is basically second nature to them.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Kylo’s story is simple.

Kid is ignored by his dad as he is out smuggling.
    Kid is ignored by his mom as she is too busy trying to restore the chaos from the Empire.
    Meanwhile, the Kid looks up to his grandfather.
    Kid is sent away to his crazy uncle who is running a Jedi Academy.
    Kid is pulled to the dark side by Sidious.
    Kid is attacked by crazy uncle so he wipes out the Jedi academy.
    Kid is taught by Snoke, aka Sidious, the ways of the dark side.
    He wants to impress his master and is in competition with Hux.
    Meets Rey and wants to train her and have her join him but she fights back and declines.
    Later, he kills his master like all apprentices look to do and he once again asks her to join him, she declines.
    He then takes full control of the First Order and looks to take over the galaxy with Sidious help.
    Asks Rey to join him and she declines again so he defeats her and is about to kill her but the love from his dying mother pulls him back to the light.
    He and Rey go and confront Sidious and defeat him, he sacrifices himself to save Rey.
    Dont see how it is a bad story arch.

I think the biggest issue is that its hard to take him serious as an antagonist when all he does is being conflicted and getting his **** handed to him. Hes pretty much Malfoy but without the sass or swagger. Also its pretty disappointing that his motivation for joining the dark side is essentially "Uncle Luke tried to kill me so now I have no choice but to join the bad guys. Also theres this voice in my head telling me Darth Vader is hella cool" instead of having him join the dark side by his own free will with some good motivation behind it (like, idk, Kyle Katarn)

Also theres a big leap between having your uncle attack you and killing most of your classmates, but to be fair killing children (or in Lukes case, trying to) seems to run in the family
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I think maybe Ahnald was trying to make a joke, I don’t think he would deliberately click bait his audience

shaq-inside-the-nba.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Agreed. I could be wrong, but I imagine swgoh videos pull many more views than marvel videos. I think maybe Ahnald was trying to make a joke, I don’t think he would deliberately click bait his audience, but it was still a dumb move.

I’m sorry, but… what?

He is a massive clickbaiter.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    I’m sorry, but… what?

He is a massive clickbaiter.

I dunno. I feel like there is a difference between jazzing up content to make it seem more interesting than it is and deliberately posting fake thumbnails to bait and switch viewers.