The Ronin Kit Idea

Xcien
2436 posts Member
edited November 2021
Here are the kit for The Ronin from the Visions short film The Duel. If you have any feedback, please comment.

-Note: The Sith Kyber Crystal Status Effect in this kit idea was inspired by the Kyber Crystal Status Effect in @Sebek's The Ronin Kit Idea.
LINK: (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250525/potential-spoilers-the-ronin-kit-idea-please-check-out)

Lore:
The Ronin was a former Sith Lord who had led a rebellion against the Jedi to end the constant wars plaguing the galaxy. However, the Ronin had become disenchanted with his rebellion, and turned on his followers, ending the Sith rebellion and scattering the Sith.

Two decades after the Sith rebellion, the Ronin made it his life’s mission to hunt down the remaining Sith and take their lightsaber’s kyber crystals to stop them from causing harm. The Ronin traveled the Outer Rim territories with his droid companion B5-56, to hunt down the remaining Sith hiding there. On the planet of Genbara, The Ronin and B5-56 defended a village from Sith bandits and Kouru, a Sith Lord. A powerful opponent, The Ronin used Force Stasis to prevent objects from moving, and utilized both the Light and Dark Sides of the Force to defeat his opponents in battle.

v47b1mxjkc77.png

Unit Name: The Ronin
Tags: Light Side, Attacker (AGI), Unaligned Force User
Description: Powerful Unaligned Force User who is extremely effective at defeating enemy Sith.
Relic: Sith Lightsaber Crystal

Basic: Balanced Strike (Omega):
Deal physical damage to target enemy. If the target is a Sith, this ability will Critically Hit if able. Otherwise, this ability has +50% Critical Chance.

Special: Balance Between Light and Dark (Cooldown 4) (Omega):
Deal physical damage twice to target enemy, and once to all enemies if the primary target was debuffed, or is a Sith. Then, dispel all debuffs on all Droid and Light Side Unaligned Force User allies and grant them Offense Up and Protection Up (30%) for 3 turns.

Special: Force Stasis (Cooldown 4) (Omega):
Deal physical damage to target enemy and dispel all status effects on them, dealing 40% more damage for each status effect dispelled. If the target is a Sith, increase their cooldowns by 1, and reduce the Turn Meter of all enemies by 25%.

Unique: Sith Hunter (Zeta):
The Ronin has +25% Offense and Defense Penetration against Sith enemies and they cannot evade his attacks. At the start of battle, The Ronin gains +5 Speed for each Sith enemy, and +10% Potency for each Droid or Light Side Unaligned Force User ally. While The Ronin is active, Light Side Unaligned Force User allies have +25% Offense and Tenacity, doubled if the enemy Leader is a Sith.

Whenever a Sith enemy is defeated while The Ronin is active, The Ronin gains 1 stack of Sith Kyber Crystal until the end of battle. Additionally, enemies defeated during The Ronin's turn cannot be revived.

Sith Kyber Crystal:
(Unique Effect, Blue Icon) The Ronin deals 20% more damage for each stack of Sith Kyber Crystal on himself. Sith enemies have -10% Offense and Potency for each stack of Sith Kyber Crystal on The Ronin.
I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
Post edited by Xcien on

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Good job.

Thank you for evaluating.

• Was hoping this was a Hawkeye post
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Was hoping this was a Hawkeye post

Lol, sorry to disappoint you. I’ll save discussion of the new series to @MasterSeedy’s Hawkeye thread in Off-Topic.

• Overall this is not a bad kit idea, even thou I do think it has some minor issues. Unfortunately it's made pretty pointless by a single big problem: Sith Triumvirate and Sith Empire, the 2 most prominent non-GL Sith teams in the game, hard counter this version of him. Which for an anti-Sith unit, is not a good thing. I'll go over it ability by ability.
    For his basic, the potency down is the pointless part. After all, Treya dispels debuffs from her Sith allies at the start of their turn. Since they never attack out of turn this means that this debuff will never be active on them when they try to debuff you. As for Sith Empire, trough Ferocity they gain +80% Potency, +120% if Force Storm is used. So -50% potency isn't really going to change anything for them and it instead will just give them additional Speed and Critical Chance. The Critical Chance is nice, but it requires his zeta and a Sith enemy already down before it starts to help you. P.s. it says this ability can't be evaded by Sith enemies, but his unique also states that he can't be evaded by Sith enemies. Just so you know.
    His first specials is actually his best ability against these 2 teams. Overall it can do both good single target and aoe damage and it buffs allies. However Treya has her lead which punish out of turn buffs, Isolate, and Sion's aoe dispel, and Sith Empire has consistent Fear and Shock. So both teams have ways to deal with it. Even then its still decent. Thou his best ability being decent against them is a problem in and of itself.
    By contrast, his second special is the worst against these 2 teams. The stun is absolutely pointless against both teams since both dispel it from themselves (Sith Empire even gets stronger from it). So all that's left is the Speed Down and the turn meter reduction. Sith empire is immune to turn meter reduction and they gain speed from each debuff on them making speed down less impactful for them. And Treya dispels debuffs so the 2 turns speed down is effectively a 1 turn speed down. In neither case it will really help you much.
    Then the unique, which is almost entirely anti sith. Yet it doesn't really help that much against them. I mean it's nice and there's nothing inherently wrong with it, but at the same time it's practically Sith enemies only which makes it a pretty niece investment. But id the rest of his it was better against Sith, this ability wouldn't be too bad. Except for the basic needing the zeta. That does bother me a little bit.

Not a bad kit by itself, but just not as good against Sith enemies as he should be. Hope my feedback helps in that department.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Overall this is not a bad kit idea, even thou I do think it has some minor issues. Unfortunately it's made pretty pointless by a single big problem: Sith Triumvirate and Sith Empire, the 2 most prominent non-GL Sith teams in the game, hard counter this version of him. Which for an anti-Sith unit, is not a good thing. I'll go over it ability by ability.
    For his basic, the potency down is the pointless part. After all, Treya dispels debuffs from her Sith allies at the start of their turn. Since they never attack out of turn this means that this debuff will never be active on them when they try to debuff you. As for Sith Empire, trough Ferocity they gain +80% Potency, +120% if Force Storm is used. So -50% potency isn't really going to change anything for them and it instead will just give them additional Speed and Critical Chance. The Critical Chance is nice, but it requires his zeta and a Sith enemy already down before it starts to help you. P.s. it says this ability can't be evaded by Sith enemies, but his unique also states that he can't be evaded by Sith enemies. Just so you know.
    His first specials is actually his best ability against these 2 teams. Overall it can do both good single target and aoe damage and it buffs allies. However Treya has her lead which punish out of turn buffs, Isolate, and Sion's aoe dispel, and Sith Empire has consistent Fear and Shock. So both teams have ways to deal with it. Even then its still decent. Thou his best ability being decent against them is a problem in and of itself.
    By contrast, his second special is the worst against these 2 teams. The stun is absolutely pointless against both teams since both dispel it from themselves (Sith Empire even gets stronger from it). So all that's left is the Speed Down and the turn meter reduction. Sith empire is immune to turn meter reduction and they gain speed from each debuff on them making speed down less impactful for them. And Treya dispels debuffs so the 2 turns speed down is effectively a 1 turn speed down. In neither case it will really help you much.
    Then the unique, which is almost entirely anti sith. Yet it doesn't really help that much against them. I mean it's nice and there's nothing inherently wrong with it, but at the same time it's practically Sith enemies only which makes it a pretty niece investment. But id the rest of his it was better against Sith, this ability wouldn't be too bad. Except for the basic needing the zeta. That does bother me a little bit.

Not a bad kit by itself, but just not as good against Sith enemies as he should be. Hope my feedback helps in that department.

Thank you for evaluating. I will use your feedback to make changes to the kit.