Perseverance data disk changed?

Today's update reads the following:

EVENT - Updated Conquest “Perseverance” data disk description to the following: “Whenever an ally assists, they assist again (limit once per turn). All damage allied units deal is reduced by 30%.”

The update seems to imply the "description" and not the function was changed, but if this is correct, this is a huge change to possibly one of the best data disks. Instead of being useful to any toon, it would only be useful for Assist-heavy teams (Geonosians? Clones? FO under Phasma or Hux?)

I'm all for these data disks that work well under niche teams only, but it would be great if we could swap them for free without buying the Battle Pass +. I want to apply this DD when I'm using one of these teams, and remove it when I'm not.

Replies

• So this got hit with the nerf hammer pretty hard.

Toons don't double tap on their turn. Only when assisting. But all damage is reduced by 30%.

So now only good for an assist team, not for every team.
  • So this got hit with the nerf hammer pretty hard.

Toons don't double tap on their turn. Only when assisting. But all damage is reduced by 30%.

So now only good for an assist team, not for every team.

Yup. Quite annoying indeed.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Damage was already reduced by 30% before, but yeah this is pretty weaksauce to change it from any ability to assists only.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Too many people still getting the red crate I guess...
  • Wow! @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI what gives? Why are you nerfing this disk so hard??? Is it because you couldn’t fix the bug with Rey and JML so you just switched how it works?

The losing streak for you guys with conquest just continues huh?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Wow! @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI what gives? Why are you nerfing this disk so hard??? Is it because you couldn’t fix the bug with Rey and JML so you just switched how it works?

I honestly believe this to be the case.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Wow! @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI what gives? Why are you nerfing this disk so hard??? Is it because you couldn’t fix the bug with Rey and JML so you just switched how it works?

I honestly believe this to be the case.

That’s just ridiculous and incredibly lazy. I’d rather just them keep it as is and I’ll avoid using Rey with it when I absolutely have to. This is just sad
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Well, I don't know any more than you do, I'm just speculating. But it fits the pattern.
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    At least we're finding out now, and not after Conquest actually launches as has been the case with multiple past disk nerfs.
  • Wow…that’s some really weasely/misleading wording to say that they “updated the description”. Implies that they didn’t change how it functions, when it describes a totally different functionality from the previous Conquest…
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    I also think it's really confusing when they say "updated the description" but actually mean "replaced how the data disk works". In other occasions they were only updating descriptions because the functionality that was already in the game didn't match what it said.

Edit: Yeah, what Firebrigade said.
  • I knew this nerf was coming. It was too easy to use this disk along with others to cheese the feats on the final boss. Used in conjunction with Volatile Accelerator and multiple Amplify Agonies, the team comp of BAM, Han, Chewy, Bo and Fennec literally took endless turns. You could get the 'keep fennec alive' feat done without them ever taking a turn. Not sure how this affects that, but that disk combo was usable in multiple situations where you needed to keep someone alive.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Sigh, when Conquest didn't launch on Monday was a bit worried that this would give the devs more time to mess with conquest. Worry confirmed.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Never got it, never used it, still maxed hard Conquest. I'm sure everyone will be just fine with some minor strategy tweaks yet it could open new possibilities for the assisting teams.
  • Conquest is just a dumpster fire that I barely touch anyway.
  • Never got it, never used it, still maxed hard Conquest. I'm sure everyone will be just fine with some minor strategy tweaks yet it could open new possibilities for the assisting teams.

Not the point
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Conquest is just a dumpster fire that I barely touch anyway.

Also not the point lol.
    Damage was already reduced by 30% before, but yeah this is pretty weaksauce to change it from any ability to assists only.

Yeah, but before every character was guaranteed to attack twice per turn (either on turn or during assist) to make your total damage from a toon 140% per turn they took. Now it is a disk that actually makes any non assist team worse.
  • Agreed.

Which is why we need to be able to swap around disks freely.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah, but before every character was guaranteed to attack twice per turn (either on turn or during assist) to make your total damage from a toon 140% per turn they took. Now it is a disk that actually makes any non assist team worse.

I'm having a hard time believing it works the way they wrote it. It's much more likely that they continue to struggle with descriptions than it is that they made a disk that actively hurts most teams.
  • This probably signals no change to Volatile Hyperaccelerator or other “when a a character attacks Do X” discs.

Mon Mothma/Geonosians got helllllla good just now, too.
    Zumwan wrote: »
    Agreed.

Which is why we need to be able to swap around disks freely.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this is the free purple they give to people who buy the Conquest Pass—which also gives the ability to change for free.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    TVF wrote: »

I'm having a hard time believing it works the way they wrote it. It's much more likely that they continue to struggle with descriptions than it is that they made a disk that actively hurts most teams.

Sad that we’re banking on CG writing the description wrong…
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    edited December 2021
    So before it was definitely not WAI. It said allies would assist themselves during their own turn (once per turn). However, if they were called to assist, they would assist again, and it would consume the once per turn flag so they would not assist themselves when their turn was up. This change may be trying to reconcile that bit of it.

However, I don't remember that the damage reduction was there.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    It was. At least on the extra attack.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    So before it was definitely not WAI. It said allies would assist themselves during their own turn (once per turn). However, if they were called to assist, they would assist again, and it would consume the once per turn flag so they would not assist themselves when their turn was up. This change may be trying to reconcile that bit of it.

However, I don't remember that the damage reduction was there.

The damage reduction was there at less 30%. It said that units would attack again (limit once per turn) dealing 30% damage. Now it’s reading they’ll assist again after they already assisted.

So that means units who assist in teams like MM all better assist.

Also they changes how the disk works. That’s ridiculous saying it was the description. Again, more lies and nonsense on their end
  • Given they also fixed the Rebel fighter kills feat , I wonder if this was a (bad) attempt at making MM teams better.