Qui Gon Jinn (somewhat) redone

Machinist
192 posts Member
edited December 2021
I was reading Quigons new leader ability, and I got quite excited until I noticed that its only at function in Grand Arena.

I mean, what the hell guys? I want to be able to use Qui Gon as a quality gamepiece, not just in GA which I rarely play. Why didnt you make that leader ability always at function?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• You will be playing GAC now if you want any crystals
  • Because they’re making characters have relevance in specific game modes and move towards making characters important without undervaluing the heavy monetary investments like GL’s.

So GL’s will reign supreme across the board, but now characters will get more usage against them and have more importance in other modes to make them on that type of god level tier (mostly) QGJ included. Be happy QGJ is GAC cause with the crystal shift, he and GR Jedi will be big keys in victories or defense wins. I personally can’t wait until I get KAM to 7* and can relic him for a QGJ led team with Ayyla, ImaGunDie and Barris. If GK is stuck on my JMK team then I’ll throw in JKA instead of Barris and wreak havoc with so much firepower
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Because they’re making characters have relevance in specific game modes and move towards making characters important without undervaluing the heavy monetary investments like GL’s.

So GL’s will reign supreme across the board, but now characters will get more usage against them and have more importance in other modes to make them on that type of god level tier (mostly) QGJ included. Be happy QGJ is GAC cause with the crystal shift, he and GR Jedi will be big keys in victories or defense wins. I personally can’t wait until I get KAM to 7* and can relic him for a QGJ led team with Ayyla, ImaGunDie and Barris. If GK is stuck on my JMK team then I’ll throw in JKA instead of Barris and wreak havoc with so much firepower

Oh thats right. They still want whales to blow money on GLs. Makes sense now
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Machinist wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Because they’re making characters have relevance in specific game modes and move towards making characters important without undervaluing the heavy monetary investments like GL’s.

And respect the time invested by f2p players too.
  • If they were really thinking they would slow way down with releasing GLs and refocus on regular characters. Since squad arena is pointless there is no reason to shift the meta with GLs anymore. But there is about 0% chance of this happening because, you know, $$$
  • Machinist wrote: »

Equating GL ownership with being a whale is flat out laughable at this point dude.

Equating GL ownership with being a whale is flat out laughable at this point dude.

Oh, cmon. You cant tell me that the whales arent the majority of the people with GLs
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator

Oh, cmon. You cant tell me that the whales arent the majority of the people with GLs

How many GLs are you talking about? Because most f2p who have been playing more than 18 months probably have at least one GL by now. And that's a conservative estimate. If you've been playing any length of time and don't have one, it's not an f2p issue, it's a roster choices issue.

It all depends on what you mean by whale. On these forums that word can mean anything.

I have all 6 GLs and 8.1M GP. But I’ve been playing for 5.5 years and have spent <£300 across the whole of that period, and <£20 since I unlocked GAS when he first arrived. If that makes me a “whale” then that word has truly lost all meaning.

I know for a fact that there are “younger” players with no GLs that will simply not believe that it is possible to obtain a GL without spending money. It sounds like you are in this category. But if a player is bringing in 850+ crystals per day from arenas there isn’t much need to spend.

So it all depends on what your metric is for what it means to be a whale or ftp. I have genuinely met forum users that think refreshing a hard node for 25 crystals means you aren’t ftp.