I no longer think "Shipload of Content" has anything to do with Ships

Prev1
I think it was just a punny way to censor that t with a p. We did get a lot of content, so if by "shipload" they meant large amount, they were truthful. But we have gotten nothing in ships besides capital ships in a long time. The last ship added to the game if I recall correctly was Tie Bomber and that has been well over a year now. 6th March 2020 to be exact. We haven't gotten a single new ship in over a year and a half. I don't count Mando's ship since it was a conquest grind. So a year and a half since the last Marquee ships. Ships are so starved off of any new releases that the bounty hunter ships are a requirement for 2 capital ships that thematically got NOTHING to do with Bounty Hunters. Legit, Piett's Executor only leads Bounty Hunters on a pure, very thin-threaded technicality.

And then CG ia still acting surprised by how disliked ships are? We only have 2 complete fleets, 3 if you count the Malevolence's infinite unit spawn. Compare that to how many capital ships we got?

We aren't getting a "shipload" in the sense that any new ships will come in numbers. We are just getting a lot overall.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Definitely seems that way. I was hoping for a ship overhaul and some focus to make them more useful, but it looks like nothing like this is happening. It really makes me wonder what is the future of ships, if there is one at all. At this point, it looks like they might as well scrap ships altogether and add ship arena crystals to GAC.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Nauros wrote: »
    It really makes me wonder what is the future of ships

R
    A
    V
    A
    G
    E
    R
  • I wrote it somewhere, but it needs to be said about a thousand times

NO MORE CAPITAL SHIPS UNTIL WE GET MORE SHIPS TO FILL OUT THE FLEETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • and while you are at it..............

NO MORE CAPITAL SHIPS UNTIL WE GET A WAY TO SAVE THE FLEETS (like we can do squads)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    It really makes me wonder what is the future of ships

R
    A
    V
    A
    G
    E
    R

That's not the future of ships as a whole. In fact, awesome as it is, it only makes the current situation worse unless a bunch of regular ships is added too.
  • As we all know, this system is working as **** as intended.
    ;-)

CG ignores permanently all questions or requests concerning the ships.

I would expect, that we'll get even more capital ships... but no more fighters (and their could so many: B-Wing, A-Wing, Tie-Interceptor, Tie-Defender, Z-95, and so on...).
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    I think it was just a punny way to censor that t with a p. We did get a lot of content, so if by "shipload" they meant large amount, they were truthful. But we have gotten nothing in ships besides capital ships in a long time. The last ship added to the game if I recall correctly was Tie Bomber and that has been well over a year now. 6th March 2020 to be exact. We haven't gotten a single new ship in over a year and a half. I don't count Mando's ship since it was a conquest grind. So a year and a half since the last Marquee ships. Ships are so starved off of any new releases that the bounty hunter ships are a requirement for 2 capital ships that thematically got NOTHING to do with Bounty Hunters. Legit, Piett's Executor only leads Bounty Hunters on a pure, very thin-threaded technicality.

And then CG ia still acting surprised by how disliked ships are? We only have 2 complete fleets, 3 if you count the Malevolence's infinite unit spawn. Compare that to how many capital ships we got?

We aren't getting a "shipload" in the sense that any new ships will come in numbers. We are just getting a lot overall.

Razor Crest was the last ship, right? How can it not count? LOL
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

I agree we need more ships, but it is a bit mileading to basically say 'we've gotten no new ships, excepting the new ship we got'

• LordDirt wrote: »

It was a conquest grind so it was (and kinda still is) unaccessable to the majority of the players. Not to mention you need Journey Mando for it too.

And even if we ignore the super grind and say "yeah ok, lets count Razor Crest too". Razor Crest was released with the first conquest around end of february/first week of March 2021, so still 9-10 months ago. And Tie Bomber came out 10 months further back from there. Rebel Y wing came out 2 weeks before Tie Bomber and GR Y wing came mid-november 2019.

That is 4 ships in 2 years, and if we combine Rebel Y wing and Tie Bomber together, this means 1 ship release per 9 months, +/- 1 month.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD LOOK
  • Zanir wrote: »
    Hey guys, we have a new UI change so you can skip 1 click getting to Fleet Arena

Hey guys, SA is about to be a ghost town and FA probably too in 2022, so that UI change is useless now, since the most readily observable effect of UI changes we've been making is that they slow the game down

Hey guys, here's a new gamemode, it's fun

Hey guys, we're making this new gamemode worse

Hey guys, here's a battlepass for the new gamemode we changed from fun to a chore

Hey guys, have a new capital ship but no ship squads

Hey guys, here's a bunch of stuff that confirms the recent leak, so probably yet another capital ship is incoming, but no ship squads

Yes, the gear change is fantastic, but the ratio of bad changes to good ones is ridiculous

You forgot:
    Hey guys, we love how creative our community is when it comes to creating counters

Hey guys, we nerfed the majority of GL counters
  • Ships are kind of lame and they probably figured out that ships won't make them nearly as much money as characters. Unless ships get added to raids, Conquest and other parts of the game, there's really no need for any player investment in ships beyond 1 meta fleet for arena and GAC.
    Hey guys, we have a new UI change so you can skip 1 click getting to Fleet Arena

Hey guys, SA is about to be a ghost town and FA probably too in 2022, so that UI change is useless now, since the most readily observable effect of UI changes we've been making is that they slow the game down

Hey guys, here's a battlepass for the new gamemode we changed from fun to a chore

Hey guys, here's a bunch of stuff that confirms the recent leak, so probably yet another capital ship is incoming, but no ship squads

Yes, the gear change is fantastic, but the ratio of bad changes to good ones is ridiculous

Nailed it! I'd also like to add that the constant bugs in TB and the rework of TW have **** as well.
  • So well said Zanir.
  • So we have 53 ships since they were launched 5 years ago, that’s an average of 11 ships per year. Safe to say the 2 we got in the last 1.5 years show us that fleets are not entirely prioritized.
  • I hope they don’t bring Revenger since they will probably have half a fleet for it too.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    StAugJames wrote: »
    I hope they don’t bring Revenger since they will probably have half a fleet for it too.

There are currently 5 Sith ships, so it's actually tied with Finalizer and better off than Raddus right off the bat. That is, of course, assuming that it actually cares about Sith ships. Executor showed us that anything is possible...
  • I'm starting to think "ship load of content" has nothing to do with this game.
  • Ships are kind of lame and they probably figured out that ships won't make them nearly as much money as characters. Unless ships get added to raids, Conquest and other parts of the game, there's really no need for any player investment in ships beyond 1 meta fleet for arena and GAC.

Ships for a Raid to increase popularity and viability? Such a shame, imagine if they had a Raid in the making but cancelled it towards the end.

Oh wait...
  • Zaph0dd
    181 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Shipload of content might be referring to the new types of ways the game breaks/locks up/becomes unplayable

there is plenty of them recently.

CG, remember that film "Star Wars", whats the first thing that happens, very first thing, that big ship chasing the little ship thing, the ships that form a huge portion of what made Star Wars the blockbuster it is.

Well, how about putting some more ships in the game and not making players hate them.
  • I never took shipload of content to refer to anything other than executor. You know a ship loaded with other ships and meta change for fleet.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    "shipload" was just a diversion. CG doesn't intend on ever really doing anything with ships. We still need about 34 more ships just to make 36 LSTB stars possible and it's been out two years. They literally just don't care.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    "shipload" was just a diversion. CG doesn't intend on ever really doing anything with ships. We still need about 34 more ships just to make 36 LSTB stars possible and it's been out two years. They literally just don't care.

Or relic 17 with the current amount of ships. That seems to be more likely...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »

QFT
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • MemeMaster wrote: »

Hmm maybe if it doesn’t have anything to do with ships, it might be related to content🤔
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »

Hmm maybe if it doesn’t have anything to do with ships, it might be related to content🤔

You mean that they take a load of existing content and turn it into ship, except with t?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »

You mean that they take a load of existing content and turn it into ship, except with t?

Nailed it!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"

One of the rare occasions a forum post made me laugh, thank you.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg