Not a matchmaking question! How do they determine defence numbers

I have no issue with the matches we've been getting. There's still some disparity there, but overall it seems to be fairer than before for us. But I can't comprehend how the defence requirements are calculated.

We are a 265-270m guild, usually get around 43-46 people join, around 250m and have 22-27 defence teams to place. This time we are 266m 49/50 joined and we have to place 39.

What gives? That's a significant jump in the number of required teams per person. 120+ extra teams overall. It would just be nice to explain how the numbers are reached. One of our other alliance guilds (which is a 300m+ guild) has 253m 40/50 this time and they are setting 22. But the suggestion is that they're still a higher gp guild so their members would have more teams per member than us.

Replies

• I thought there are specific numbers of defensive squads/fleet needed per tier irrespective of the number of members who joined. You ended up in a different tier [260M-279.9M] than the other guild you mentioned [240M-259.9M]. That 22 figure seems way too little for that other guild, though.

This time we are in 170M-199.9M and have to set 20 (we had 33 join). Last time we were in 200M-219.9M and had to set 23 (we had 37 join).

Nonetheless, I do not think they have explained any of this yet.
  • nottenst wrote: »
    I thought there are specific numbers of defensive squads/fleet needed per tier irrespective of the number of members who joined. You ended up in a different tier [260M-279.9M] than the other guild you mentioned [240M-259.9M]. That 22 figure seems way too little for that other guild, though.

This time we are in 170M-199.9M and have to set 20 (we had 33 join). Last time we were in 200M-219.9M and had to set 23 (we had 37 join).

Nonetheless, I do not think they have explained any of this yet.

yeah, I assumed there would be tiers, but that guild that has 22 this time had 302m 48 people join last time and had 39. That's a massive tier if it is like 265-305m. The guild we are facing is about 275, so gp wise we're fairly evenly matched. They really need to explain this better, as it used to be easy to understand.

• You have had too many wins, now you are having your loss. You must be matched against a higher gp opponent to balance out your streak.

It's dumb.
  • You have had too many wins, now you are having your loss. You must be matched against a higher gp opponent to balance out your streak.

It's dumb.

they're only 275m. I admit I think they might take us, but we've rolled a couple of 290/300m guilds already. but it doesn't make much sense to go from 27 defence teams per zone to 39 just because we're too successful

• Yeah, my assumption was you had been matched up a prize level or two to make the number of pavements jump so much.
  • Yeah, my assumption was you had been matched up a prize level or two to make the number of pavements jump so much.

punishment for efficiency. seems like a valid reason....lol

• Yes. Your win streak is given a big priority in the new MM algorithm. Like i said, I think it's dumb. You may not think it's valid, but it is part of the system now. Get about 3 wins in a row and you get handed a stomping from some big guild that can't win in its own bracket. We did.

Also pavements? Gotta read before I post.