Galactic war difficulty

Dimoxinil
3 posts Member
edited December 2021
This play mode just makes no sense. Up to say lvl 60 I was able to finish the thing no problem. Now it's become impossible. And after this latest reset I did I can't even get past the very first battle. Yes that's right, the very first one.
Can someone explain how the difficulty system works for this? It's just extremely frustrating and mind-boggling that the stronger I get the less progress I make.

thanks

edit: typo
Post edited by Dimoxinil on

Replies

• The difficulty is based on the power of your top 5 toons.

Working on more than 1 team will let you win.
  • Also, if you mod well, it can also help your chances in GW post lvl 50.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • as they said its based off the top 5 characters. but eventually there is a power cap for it and when that happens it will become painfully easy
  • I'm not sure how focusing on more than one team can help. If my best team can't get through a battle, i don't see how the second best can win.
    Glad to hear there is a cap though.

Thanks for the answers.
  • Dimoxinil wrote: »
    I'm not sure how focusing on more than one team can help. If my best team can't get through a battle, i don't see how the second best can win.
    Glad to hear there is a cap though.

Thanks for the answers.

essentially you get more options for the battle. like if you have a powerful phoenix but the rest are bad, a opposing vader/palp could cause issues. but if you had a strong phoenix and a strong first order, the first order can take the empire on instead.

or you can do a sacrifice type thing where you send in weak toons to eat up enemy cooldowns
  • You send in one team to use all the specials from the enemy team. This sacrifice team doesn't even have to be good. Then you send in your real team.

Gal war is the first full roster part of the game you get to. It's also the best one until it gets too easy. You need to learn to use your roster.

Use your best team in the first easiest node. Make sure they end the battle with all abilities test to use. They are now turn meter loaded. That is, they start with more than zero turn meter, except for whoever did the last move. That will let them best all kinds of teams they couldn't otherwise beat.

From the second node in use your second best team until they fail. Use specific counters if they come up, and you have them. Like if Phoenix are giving you trouble take something that has daze/stun to stop counters and healing immunity to stop kanan's heal.

Use your best team as the pinch hitters to get you through trouble.

You can retreat and try again with no penalty. The rng seed starts the same each time, so don't just do the exact same thing. If they get a lucky dodge or resist that undoes everything, restart and do something different that uses up the rng list in a different way. Say you did hera basic on someone, then try and land staggers with sabine, and the important enemy resisted the stagger. Next attempt use hera to call kanan instead. Kanan will use up 2 rng numbers off the list, as he does damage, and tries to apply a debuff. Now you are at a different point in the rng list when sabine rolls her minibombs out. Different outcome.
  • Yeah I gotcha. I started doing that, and was able to finish a few. But it's very random. The example that resulted in my original post was a duo of anakin and asoka in g9-g10 (yes only 2 chars) that just annihilated my dudes. No amount of strategizing would have fixed that.
    But I am doing a bit better now. Can't wait for the multisim... Do I still have to finish x amount of these or can I multisim as soon as i hit 85?
  • Dimoxinil wrote: »
    Yeah I gotcha. I started doing that, and was able to finish a few. But it's very random. The example that resulted in my original post was a duo of anakin and asoka in g9-g10 (yes only 2 chars) that just annihilated my dudes. No amount of strategizing would have fixed that.
    But I am doing a bit better now. Can't wait for the multisim... Do I still have to finish x amount of these or can I multisim as soon as i hit 85?

you have to do the 50 completions or what ever number needed is
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Dimoxinil wrote: »
    Yeah I gotcha. I started doing that, and was able to finish a few. But it's very random. The example that resulted in my original post was a duo of anakin and asoka in g9-g10 (yes only 2 chars) that just annihilated my dudes. No amount of strategizing would have fixed that.

you have to do the 50 completions or what ever number needed is

Pretty sure that changed a couple of months ago. You just need to have one completion and be level 85.