Got the {GYST} of what a fun guild should be?

Prev134
Ouchie
1233 posts Member
edited April 2016
I'm posting this on Off Topic because this board is clearly the best.

I looked over the guild section and nothing really caught my eye per se.

I'm interested in participating in, or even starting, a fun guild. Zero competitiveness. Members should like parody, mashups, general humor, and not take themselves too seriously.

No membership requirements. No minimum levels/stats. No rude, racist, or sexist members, but members who like to be playful in talking smack to each other. Maybe even some flirting and sass.

Anyone like-minded?

I edited the title of this thread since we have our fun guild now!
Post edited by Ouchie on

Replies

• Snake
    158 posts Member
    Sounds good to me!
    -Snake
  • I'm in for sure B)
  • No membership requirements. No minimum levels/stats. No rude, racist, or sexist members, but members who like to be playful in talking smack to each other. Maybe even some flirting and sass.

Isn't the above a requirement though. I'm so confused. No requirements but I can't be sexist. So the requirement to not have a requirement is turning into a requirement.

I'm clearly (maybe not clearly) kidding. I'm in if you'll have me. In multiple ways as well. My atempt at cloudy flirtation.....God I hope you're female. If not we will call it experimental gay flirtation
  • @Ouchie I've been lurking in the forums for months now. This is the first post that I've wanted to respond to.

While I generally hold that I would never join any organization that would have a person like me as a member, I will definitely make an exception for you! This guild is right up my alley.
  • Defo in now matey >:)
  • @Ouchie I've been lurking in the forums for months now. This is the first post that I've wanted to respond to.

While I generally hold that I would never join any organization that would have a person like me as a member, I will definitely make an exception for you! This guild is right up my alley.

That is a lot of personal pronouns in both paragraphs. Are we sure we want him/her. Sounds conceited.

No it's not pride knowing that I am already accepted in.... WHAT??? I'm not in. Fine. Ill,go somewhere where they appreciate me.....not home, I'm married and underappreciated. I'll stop rambling now. Or maybe I won't
  • Cometheloser
    944 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So that two of us in then B)
  • Cometheloser
    944 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So what you gonna call it then ouchie ?
    And ignore my other post claiming that I didn't know what a guild was all about of course I do ....
    After you explained it to me of course B)

Welcome to the forum!

• .. Good luck with the Guid. It looks fun! :)
  • Lore
    11 posts Member
    interested
    "I dreamt that I would single–handily defeat the dark side, that I would make a difference, change the galaxy… the galaxy, however, has changed me."
    ―Hoth
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    No membership requirements. No minimum levels/stats. No rude, racist, or sexist members, but members who like to be playful in talking smack to each other. Maybe even some flirting and sass.

Isn't the above a requirement though. I'm so confused. No requirements but I can't be sexist. So the requirement to not have a requirement is turning into a requirement.

I'm clearly (maybe not clearly) kidding. I'm in if you'll have me. In multiple ways as well. My atempt at cloudy flirtation.....God I hope you're female. If not we will call it experimental gay flirtation

I know @FTP_noncomplainer . :p I realized after I posted I sounded like I contradicted myself. I meant that there should be no membership requirements that pertain to the game like "must play everyday" or "must live in EST time zone"...stuff like that. And I guess the other bits like "No rude people" are also requirements, so yeah... you've raised excellent points. And yes I'm a woman. o:)

I wasn't really thinking I would start the guild myself. I have a history of being called a "clan wrecker" in times long past doing my Unreal Tournament and Call of Duty days. But, since there doesn't seem to be much available that currently fits the bill and several people are already interested, maybe I will! Clan wrecker to clan creator... you all have no idea how funny that is to me.

DISCLAIMER: Ouchie never actually wrecked a clan before. Indeed, although several people did claim she did, many more people said she didn't.
  • I vote ouchie as leader
  • Snake
    158 posts Member
    I vote ouchie as leader

Seconded.
    -Snake
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Maybe even some flirting and sass.

Anyone like-minded?

Lord...Ouchie Dumpling is my EA boards crush, so count me in!! :smiley: *disbands Team iNstinct*
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • SnakePliskin920
    132 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Ouchie wrote: »
    I know @FTP_noncomplainer . :p I realized after I posted I sounded like I contradicted myself. I meant that there should be no membership requirements that pertain to the game like "must play everyday" or "must live in EST time zone"...stuff like that. And I guess the other bits like "No rude people" are also requirements, so yeah... you've raised excellent points. And yes I'm a woman. o:)

I wasn't really thinking I would start the guild myself. I have a history of being called a "clan wrecker" in times long past doing my Unreal Tournament and Call of Duty days. But, since there doesn't seem to be much available that currently fits the bill and several people are already interested, maybe I will! Clan wrecker to clan creator... you all have no idea how funny that is to me.

DISCLAIMER: Ouchie never actually wrecked a clan before. Indeed, although several people did claim she did, many more people said she didn't.

The great thing about starting a guild is that you get to set the tone.

I used to run a cartel in SW Uprising. It started out as a Russian cartel and I joined because I was invited in. I didn't realize that it was Russian until I couldn't read any of the things that were typed in chat. At that point, I didn't want to quit the cartel because I had always heard there is only one way out of a Russian cartel :* But there was a lot of rage quitting in the game and I became the Cartel master (or whatever they called it). I posted a message in English and half the cartel quit within 24 hours!

The point is, if you want to have a successful cartel, only post in Russian. No wait, the point is, if you want to have a successful cartel make it Russian so people are afraid to quit!
  • FTP_noncomplainer
    292 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @SnakePliskin920. Pretty sure you just became clan leader. Through pretend fear being textually killed which tuned into real,fear.

@Ascansio you better get a new internet crush. I,sleep,on the couch because,of,my wife's knowledge of my secret crush. Im of course lying. My internet crush is none other the @bentwookie
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    I won't rest until @BentWookiee is in this thing with us.
  • Well.. If Ascansio is in then I am in.

Yelp.. Now you know my I Internet crush. :)
  • Oooh, I have a joke for BentWookiee that fits in with the fun.

There was a rancor who went to a fancy rancor restaurant. The maitre d showed our rancor friend to his table. The rancor inquired as to the evening's specials. The maitre d replied that the special for the evening was a braised young wookiee with a side of gamorrean bacon. The rancor decided to try the special. After he was done, his waiter asked how his meal was. The rancor replied, "The bacon was really good but the wookiee was just a little Chewy."
  • B) ol
  • There is a fun guild you might be interested in.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/25028/new-guild-galactic-space-slugs-and-the-women-who-love-them#latest
    Have you ever consided joining GSSATWWLT? It sounds like a perfect fit. Sort of. Not really. Forget I mentioned it...
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    So that makes 7 now, I think? That's a good start!

What should our name be?
  • I'm in for the ride knowing the people who lurk the off topic section I know this is gonna be fun. B)
  • Weird. I post in general and i get slammed. I feel so free here
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    So that makes 7 now, I think? That's a good start!

What should our name be?

Your the boss. We are not worthy. You name us, we shall obey. (maybe I've been married too long)
  • In case you missed it from jesse

Greetings Heroes,

One of the major features of the update later this month is the ability to form Guilds. This major feature will change the way the game is played by opening up new activities such as Raids and Daily Guild Activities.

Here is a preview on some of the new things coming:

Guilds
    Maximum Guild size is 50 players
    There will be 3 ranks in Guilds: Guild Leader, Officer and Member
    Guilds can have a custom name and choose an icon that best represents them
    Guild leaders can set membership requirements, including requiring approval to join and minimum level
    Players can join a Guild in a variety of ways, such as viewing a list of recommended Guilds or receiving an invitation from an Ally
    A Guild Leaderboard of all Guild members will be sortable by a variety of criteria ranging from power to contribution
    There will be 2 new types of currency introduced with Guilds, Guild Bank Currency and Individual Guild Currency

Guild Activities
    Shared Activities may be completed to earn Guild Currency that can be used to make purchases in Guild Shipments
    There are multiple tiers of difficulty for Guild Activities
    When an Activity is completed all members will be granted Guild Currency, with the highest contributors getting bonus currency
    Activities will change daily

Stay tuned as we unveil more information about Raids and the other features coming to the major update later this month!
    Flag Quote
    This discussion has been closed.
  • Looking for a guild name? If I may make a suggestion...6a1e52c2.jpg.505x650_q85.jpg
  • Jpoom105
    167 posts Member
    I'm down I've always wanted to be in a non committed relationship with multiple strangers.
  • Snake
    158 posts Member
    We could be 'extraneous matter', which is just another way of saying off topic
    -Snake