Conquest 11

Replies

• Options
    You only need some key disks like the Accelerator and Decelerator, Amplify Agony, Cosmic Emission and Ability Exhaust. Once you got them, you can ignore the disk nodes.
  • Options
    When you give a 520 speed JML a 37% speed consumable and he still doesn't move 1st ev2me7p9dzsv.png
  • Options
    I am not finding the current conquest hard in any way. Selecting the right team composition for each battle makes it quite straightforward and there are several cheese teams that make it pointlessly easy.

What I am finding is that it’s exceedingly dull and repetitive! I will be getting Box 7 again but while the mode is so unappealing I cannot in good conscience buy the battle pass and reward them for their current efforts.

D- for the current version of conquests!
  • Options
    This time round is way harder. How do you kill the over prepared DR team you are funnelled into in Sector 2? Malak appears unkillable.
  • Options
    This time round is way harder. How do you kill the over prepared DR team you are funnelled into in Sector 2? Malak appears unkillable.

I used Rey with CAT, Han, chewie and gas.
  • Options
    Anyone have issues where JKA's bonus turn doesn't proc when an ally falls below 50% health? Just ran 3 battles with my Padme squad and not once did he get a bonus turn and the rest of my squad gets murdered fast at g9
  • Options
    Anyone have issues where JKA's bonus turn doesn't proc when an ally falls below 50% health? Just ran 3 battles with my Padme squad and not once did he get a bonus turn and the rest of my squad gets murdered fast at g9

I noticed JKA and JKR’s unique ain’t triggered at times but I not sure why and I don’t know if any modifier prevents that

• Options
    Yup your right, but until you get those one, it’s possible for this to happen and make it a waste of time.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Pretty much. Ever since they took the data disks that helped counter the "Flash" speed on enemies (the TM ones) now you either need a GL or teams above 70-80% stamina to win most fights.

But i don't mind anymore, not going to spend crystals or money on refreshes or that pass. I am okay with getting box 4 or 5.
  • Options
    I was going to start a discussion like this as well. These data discs are not fun at all. Very boring. I'm starting to get jaded to expecting a response from the developers. They don't seem to take the comments too seriously. the data discs are repetitive in every sector. i don't look forward to reaching the locations anymore.Whether or not they work for the missions. i dont need 20 caustic emissions or thermal detonators discs. wheres the imagination?
  • herd_nerfer
    1926 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Agent_P_82 wrote: »
    I was going to start a discussion like this as well. These data discs are not fun at all. Very boring. I'm starting to get jaded to expecting a response from the developers. They don't seem to take the comments too seriously. the data discs are repetitive in every sector. i don't look forward to reaching the locations anymore.Whether or not they work for the missions. i dont need 20 caustic emissions or thermal detonators discs. wheres the imagination?

I think the discs are intended to make some of the feats more manageable. The debuff discs work amazingly well with BH and Snugglers. The problem that OP is talking about is the number of duplicate discs on the nodes. It would really be nice to know if this is "working as intended" or something that they intend to fix in the future. If it's intended to work this way - well that's really an unfortunate design element, but at least we can stop looking for them to address it. If it's something they're going to address, then considering how easy it would be to rectify, why hasn't it happened already?

Edit: disc disk disque disckque
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Funny that the hard path that kind of pigeon holes you on feats have all been worthless for me. I stopped doing it after sector 3 as i was just making the repetitive kill 40/win14 garbage feats harder to complete than they needed to be.

A mode with the potential to be fun was turned to trash.
  • Options
    My company has a lucky draw system(for promotion) and we knew how to make prizes, big and small, evenly distributed, yet this CG can’t (actually don’t bother) to fix the data disk problem

And those discs wouldn’t stack
    xsov8glordlf.jpeg

• Options
    bluecheese wrote: »

I noticed JKA and JKR’s unique ain’t triggered at times but I not sure why and I don’t know if any modifier prevents that
    I’ve noticed this as well at later stages of conquest, my best guess is that the speed bonuses and over prepared modifier makes the enemies turn meter gain so high that even bonus turns are gained after the opponents “normal” turns.
  • Options
    I have TWO almost full RELICED teams...one Dark Side and one Light SIde. ON conquest 9 IN MEDIUM i got to the last round. Didnt get it...but was getting close. SEEMED CORRECT...i would play my TWO teams in tandem and move on...

ON conquest 10 i got to ROUND2! Now it seems i will be beaten in ROUND 3.

MY QUESTION:
    Shouldn't a 5 toon RELIC team beat ANY MEDIUM level (at 100%)?
    What do you NEED to beat GConquest MEDIUM?
    (Raally Asking)

Team 1:
    Palp, Vader, BadBast, THraws, Drevan

Team 2:
    Revan, Jolee, Bast, GMY, Anakin

(Note: Anakin and Drevan still not Relic...all other are R5)
  • Options
    It sucks when you get all the same ones in one node, I agree with that.

But the pool itself is fine. You need to have a robust roster so that if you don’t get the ideal discs (ie: Caustic blah blah blah Thermal blah) you have teams that can take advantage of what you DO get—lots of buffs for health and protection recovery, for instance.

The more solid teams you have, the less the randomness of discs affects you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I agree I think overall the disks are fine, just the fact that the pools can put 2 or three of the same disk in is what is trash, I don’t even need the disks to with I’m right under 7 mil GP and have no issues beating conquest, just would be nice to get a actual choice when choosing for disks from nodes.
  • Options
    I'm finding the Enemy Modifier "Steadfast Retribution" really annoying.

It's like what's the point of fighting? You get back what you dealt, and it increases.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • nottenst
    698 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Got my 530 keycards just in time. I'll be going to an event over the next 5 days and won't have time for Conquest. No idea where I will find the time for GAC, but might be able to squeeze that in. Definitely not both.
  • Options

I think the discs are intended to make some of the feats more manageable. The debuff discs work amazingly well with BH and Snugglers. The problem that OP is talking about is the number of duplicate discs on the nodes. It would really be nice to know if this is "working as intended" or something that they intend to fix in the future. If it's intended to work this way - well that's really an unfortunate design element, but at least we can stop looking for them to address it. If it's something they're going to address, then considering how easy it would be to rectify, why hasn't it happened already?

Edit: disc disk disque disckque

Lol you edited for disk but let it as snugglers.
  • Options
    I can't believe you guys still haven't accepted that it's working as intended.

Realistically there aren't that many disks this season so it was bound to happen more.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Oh look I have beaten the same Nightsister squad again. 22 wins down, 18 to go. Isn't this fun. Wheee.

vzgtauhjtz52.png

Hold up... has your greef gone plaid?!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    Oh look I have beaten the same Nightsister squad again. 22 wins down, 18 to go. Isn't this fun. Wheee.

vzgtauhjtz52.png

Hold up... has your greef gone plaid?!
    Yeah, I put speed mods.on him! ;)

fsamn0ic26nu.jpg
  • Options
    Conquest just isn't even fun. When your R5 teams get multi-murdered by 37 hits in a row (I wish I could say I was exaggerating) by R1 teams, and none of your teams can overcome their speed. There isn't any strategy to this.

And then you want me to pay for this garbage?? Nah, I'll just stop playing this trash game mode. It's not like the rewards are even worth it for new-mid range players. I'm still trying to get RC but if I can't earn the currency then what's the point? I guess I'll just wait a year and give up on trying to get any new characters. Thanks CG
  • Options

Yeah cheesing some teams with thermals is kind of fun at first, but when that and ZA+Health buff are the only two viable combinations, I'm going to choose health every time, as at least it gives me more survivability vs teams that don't fold to thermals. Having to pay the very scarce energy to re-equip the two viable loadouts makes me just want to completely ignore thermals. This makes disc selection just a 'check for missing (thermal/ZA) disc or ignore' at every node and reduces any kind of creativity in disc setup that was left from C6, which was IMO the last time that the diversity and selection of discs was actually interesting and exciting.

This is just a grind where I have to make sure to log in 3 times per day and spam BH/Snugglers (intentional misspelling that I will use forever now)/Zam+Hand+Boba/whatever team 40/20/14 times. CG could you please just give us the option to pay you whatever your beancounters want in crystals to be able to play C1 or C4 and then you can have your profits for Conquest and we can have the option of a fun game mode instead of this grind? Really why do I have to play the same node 40 times with Snugglers? Does anyone find that fun? Please just let me give you crystals and don't make this a full time job.
  • Options

vzgtauhjtz52.png

Yeah a 'sim' option once we've three starred with a specific squad (set threshold, 2-3 times?) would allow CG to collect their pound of flesh of crystals in refreshes without forcing us to have a second job repeating the same node over and over ad nauseum. I don't hate that CG wants us to have to spend crystals to earn new characters, etc; I hate that they want us to spend all the time repeating the same battles over and over to do so.
  • Options

Lol you edited for disk but let it as snugglers.

Correct. Except you let it as let. But I'll let that slide.

This is just a grind where I have to make sure to log in 3 times per day and spam BH/Snugglers (intentional misspelling that I will use forever now)/Zam+Hand+Boba/whatever team 40/20/14 times.

Is it really misspelled if it's intentional? 😁
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Here is the thing, Conquest requires a lot of time and resources. With the "hard" path nonsense to maybe get better disks, you can really end up screwing yourself. I think I'm done with doing the "hard" low paths for the jawas. My sector 1 and 2 are completely done on the "hard" paths and now even my r5 BH teams struggle vs. many of the teams. It makes the 40 wins pretty tough, even with the dot/dets disk set up. I only do two refreshes a day, so I think with only doing two, it is impossible to get top box. I have the first four GL's, but really you are looking at SLKR and JML required to 3* a lot of battles when you get to clean up mode. Something really needs to give between 20 energy per battle and stamina recharge rates. Also, hidden parts of the map need a change. How many people wouldn't go "hard" path if they new the disks were garbage?

I am fully on a six conquests to unlock the newest toon path. Buy the 20 shards of the new toon first three conquests and get second best box, then you only have to get second best next three times and can save the currency. I may be able to buy r8 gear this time or the next.

They really need to tweak this thing for the better for the next set of three. This mode has gone from somewhat fun to a real chore.