Squad arena should not be a dead mode

Whaleathon
182 posts Member
edited December 2021
Unless they are planning to replace or change squad arena it still needs to have some value to it. The squad arena store is garbage even with the gear added. My suggestion would be implement a new currency that could buy brand new characters such as conquest. Or make it a place where players can do unlimited battles (practice only). I’m sure there are better ideas than mine, but it should not be a mode that just sits there.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Let it die, requires less time investment in the game which is fantastic with GAC / conquest running
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Let it die, requires less time investment in the game which is fantastic with GAC / conquest running

Counter point: repurpose it as the "sandbox mode" we've always wanted and allow us to tet with/against Omicrons etc - can even charge crystals so CG gets their blood money out of it.
  • My SA is not even close to dead. People fighting hard like they were before.
  • Putting additional prize boxes as rewards with random gear/shards pieces in it (as random as Bronzium pulls), or add new slots of gear to buy with the rewards. The selection in the Squad Arena store hasn't changed in years. Or create non-GL and non-meta characters as exclusives.

Simple re-skinned characters with a slight boost in stats would be just fine. Endor Scout and Soldier from Hoth Scout and Soldier. Resistance Pilot and Resistance X-Wing into Naboo Pilot and Naboo Fighter. Droideka into the variation without the shield, increase speed and offence, but lower protection and armor. Sith Acolyte from Nightsister Acolyte.

They've freed up Squad Arena for many possibilities. The need for competition is still everywhere in the game, you just need to incentivize more interest in Squad Arena now that crystals is off the table.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Whaleathon wrote: »
    Unless they are planning to replace or change squad arena it still needs to have some value to it. The squad arena store is garbage even with the gear added. My suggestion would be implement a new currency that could buy brand new characters such as conquest. Or make it a place where players can do unlimited battles (practice only). I’m sure there are better ideas than mine, but it should not be a mode that just sits there.

The problem is that it was dead, outside of pre-arranged payout sharing. The only time a lot of people actually did fights was when you needed to for GAC feat completion.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I have a feeling they will add the new marquees in that store as soon as they are farmable just to give players a reason to play squad arena. It would be a mess for people who left the shard chat with a last dirty message, where they showed there true faces
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Whaleathon wrote: »

The problem is that it was dead, outside of pre-arranged payout sharing. The only time a lot of people actually did fights was when you needed to for GAC feat completion.

Maybe in your shard, certainly not in mine.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Let it die, requires less time investment in the game which is fantastic with GAC / conquest running

This 👆
  • What would be cool:
    - remove the rewards and add a fixed amount to the "do 1 arena battle" daily (could be smth like 600 arena tokens and 30k credits)
    - get rid of limited battle attempts
    - get rid of cooldown time
    - activate omicrons (all types) for arena
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    It would be better to do away with all rewards. Now we still “have to” play these long, boring JMK meta matches or lose out on worse rewards.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    What would be cool:
    - remove the rewards and add a fixed amount to the "do 1 arena battle" daily (could be smth like 600 arena tokens and 30k credits)
    - get rid of limited battle attempts
    - get rid of cooldown time
    - activate omicrons (all types) for arena

Would also be nice to seed the arena with meta teams. I see no point in having to ask a fellow shard mate to place their Phasma on D just to see what the Omicron looks like.
  • In the old squad arena, I can jump to top 2 or 3 with my JML squad, can beat JMKs using strat and avoid LVs. So if im feeling up to it and not feel lazy, I can earn up to 300-350 crystals per day. Was able to hoard crystals and im about to unlock JMK because of it. But now, I have been put in my place.. Kyber 2 - 240 crystals fix. So sad :(
  • They already said it will be focused on benefiting players under level 85 - the minimum required to participate in the Grand Arena. And early - mid game players still have characters to farm. So it is just not useful for someone at a level to have JML, as you do based on other posts, not dead. Just like some game modes are only useful for later game players. I am stuck halfway through Conquest on Easy, my highest gear character, singular, is a 12, etc....
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Tuareg111 wrote: »
    I have a feeling they will add the new marquees in that store as soon as they are farmable just to give players a reason to play squad arena.

There is a zero percent chance of this happening.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Tuareg111 wrote: »
    I have a feeling they will add the new marquees in that store as soon as they are farmable just to give players a reason to play squad arena.

There is a zero percent chance of this happening.

This. CG will make you pay for those marquees if you want to get Starkiller soon.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.