TW now requiring 50 banners to receive rewards?

Replies

  • RameusYYC wrote: »
    If you aren’t earning 50 banners setting D or making attacks maybe this is not a game mode for you.

    with no constructive criticism to add....maybe this wasn't the post for you
  • Oh no, freeloaders can’t mooch off their guild mates anymore. Anyway.

    Who hurt you?
  • @el_mago i think they’re just commending CG for once here. There should not be constructive criticism here. As long as this change doesn’t apply to guilds below 200m gp, it’s an unexpected surprise, but a welcomed one.

    There are guilds who professionally opt to stay out of TW. But they ace every other game mode. Go sit there and claim single brains per war
  • @el_mago i think they’re just commending CG for once here. There should not be constructive criticism here. As long as this change doesn’t apply to guilds below 200m gp, it’s an unexpected surprise, but a welcomed one.

    There are guilds who professionally opt to stay out of TW. But they ace every other game mode. Go sit there and claim single brains per war

    No doubt, the change is a good one. One, that as an officer, I can whole-heartedly get behind...i just don't like that there was no communication about it. Several players in my guild didn't get rewards due to this and I consider them all good players who deserve what they should have received.

    We'll know next time, though...so lesson learned, i guess.
  • Not trying to ignore you. You are absolutely correct. But i have to meme when the situation demands it :trollface:
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I seriously dont understand people. There has been an unannounced change in the reward-system of the TW, and some of you guys are making points about how you should not eat if you dont work? You are missing the point so badly, your job interview at the stormtroopers should be just a formality.

    CG make unannounced changes regularly. Sure, it sucks for anyone who actively tried to attack, and those people should be compensated, but if there are people of 1m GP in a 240m GP guild like the OP, they are getting boosted. I don't feel sorry for those people that they got nothing for doing nothing. Now they know, their guild officers can ensure they set 5 defences so they get their rewards.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I seriously dont understand people. There has been an unannounced change in the reward-system of the TW, and some of you guys are making points about how you should not eat if you dont work? You are missing the point so badly, your job interview at the stormtroopers should be just a formality.

    CG make unannounced changes regularly. Sure, it sucks for anyone who actively tried to attack, and those people should be compensated, but if there are people of 1m GP in a 240m GP guild like the OP, they are getting boosted. I don't feel sorry for those people that they got nothing for doing nothing. Now they know, their guild officers can ensure they set 5 defences so they get their rewards.

    5 defences? 2 would give you 60 (at least).
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I seriously dont understand people. There has been an unannounced change in the reward-system of the TW, and some of you guys are making points about how you should not eat if you dont work? You are missing the point so badly, your job interview at the stormtroopers should be just a formality.

    CG make unannounced changes regularly. Sure, it sucks for anyone who actively tried to attack, and those people should be compensated, but if there are people of 1m GP in a 240m GP guild like the OP, they are getting boosted. I don't feel sorry for those people that they got nothing for doing nothing. Now they know, their guild officers can ensure they set 5 defences so they get their rewards.

    5 defences? 2 would give you 60 (at least).

    Sorry I'm not actively playing right now so I was just guessing. If anything that makes it even easier for people. If they can't get 50 banners when it's that easy, then they shouldn't be rewarded.
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Someone? Could the player base get a response on the lack of communication here?

    I'm sure there's still plenty of people on game who would appreciate at least a post in the news tab on this. This is a pretty big ball that was dropped.
  • They remove reward and at the same time, there is no more widget to see that a TW is ongoing ...
    May the greed be with you ...
  • In some guilds, the total amount of defenses are already filled before you even get the chance to look. Despite helping the guild out by attacking during the attack phase and taking out several teams, you're not gonna get any rewards? That's absurd. Let's say you successfully one-shot one of the opposing teams defenses and clean-up a few difficult teams after several tries. That would easily put you below 50 banners due to getting less banners for clean-ups. How is setting a 50 banner boundary then fair?
    Many players missed out on rewards because they had no way of knowing this. Some players didn't even get the opportunity to set a defensive team, and despite helping out by attacking they're gonna get nothing? I don't see the logic behind this at all.
  • Narkny wrote: »
    In some guilds, the total amount of defenses are already filled before you even get the chance to look. Despite helping the guild out by attacking during the attack phase and taking out several teams, you're not gonna get any rewards? That's absurd. Let's say you successfully one-shot one of the opposing teams defenses and clean-up a few difficult teams after several tries. That would easily put you below 50 banners due to getting less banners for clean-ups. How is setting a 50 banner boundary then fair?
    Many players missed out on rewards because they had no way of knowing this. Some players didn't even get the opportunity to set a defensive team, and despite helping out by attacking they're gonna get nothing? I don't see the logic behind this at all.

    You may want to recheck TW (!) banner calculations.
  • As someone who's in a guild where TW is entirely carried almost every single time by the top 8 people in the guild, myself included: Good.
    It's not because we don't have other people with decent rosters, it's because none of them participate unless we actually have a chance at losing. Toss a single fleet on defense, then they just ignore TW unless we ping them in chat about being behind our opponent. We have like an 80-90% win rate.

    I agree that the... zero communication is an issue, but you're not going to get a response until tomorrow at the earliest most likely - y'all should know by now they aren't in on the weekends.

    But as far as the actual change goes? I'm all for stuff that enforces real participation. I'm sick of looking at the guild list and seeing someone with 5M GP set 1 team and that's it for the entire event, no full clear, defenses are only fully filled 1 1/2 hours before setup ends. I'm tired of looking at the guild list and having to contact the other officers about potentially kicking someone because they haven't so much as joined GAC for the past 4 months, have set the bare minimum in TW and never assign to platoons. ...when they have 6M+ GP.

    I honestly question why half the people I see playing this game are actually playing it. And changing various mechanics so that these people actually, y'know, need to actually participate just seems like a universal improvement to me.
  • Artumas wrote: »
    As someone who's in a guild where TW is entirely carried almost every single time by the top 8 people in the guild, myself included: Good.
    It's not because we don't have other people with decent rosters, it's because none of them participate unless we actually have a chance at losing. Toss a single fleet on defense, then they just ignore TW unless we ping them in chat about being behind our opponent. We have like an 80-90% win rate.

    I agree that the... zero communication is an issue, but you're not going to get a response until tomorrow at the earliest most likely - y'all should know by now they aren't in on the weekends.

    But as far as the actual change goes? I'm all for stuff that enforces real participation. I'm sick of looking at the guild list and seeing someone with 5M GP set 1 team and that's it for the entire event, no full clear, defenses are only fully filled 1 1/2 hours before setup ends. I'm tired of looking at the guild list and having to contact the other officers about potentially kicking someone because they haven't so much as joined GAC for the past 4 months, have set the bare minimum in TW and never assign to platoons. ...when they have 6M+ GP.

    I honestly question why half the people I see playing this game are actually playing it. And changing various mechanics so that these people actually, y'know, need to actually participate just seems like a universal improvement to me.

    Hey buddy... it seems like it would be easier to hang with like-minded people than to be as frustrated as you are. This is a game. And games are meant to be enjoyed, not feel bitter about. For most of us, life happily delivers that bitterness. Get into a guild where everyone is of the right mindset as you are.

    Try here: https://discord.gg/bZpeM63

    We're an alliance of 12 guilds of varying levels of competitiveness. You might be able to find what you are looking for.
  • It was frustrating for my Alt, my main does a lot of work in TW, and as I'm on a different time I don't often get to deploy with my alt as it only has 2 relic teams so it can only deploy in the trash zone. Normally I can get a win with my troopers and call it a day, but I only got 40 banners and got nothing for removing a team, which sucks.
    Going to have to think about how can make sure to get enough banners going forward.
  • We have a certain level we set for placing D, we want everyone to participate so they get rewards, we want to win. We have asked that folks don't set D below the threshold, but do try an attack so you can get rewards and grow. Now they can't. Thanks, CG, for another player helping game change.
  • ne_alenska
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Just notice that changed... LOL
    My guild already setup full defense, but some of our lower gp members didn't make it.... I don't think that they can get 3 wins to earn the rewards....
    Post edited by ne_alenska on
  • Artumas wrote: »
    As someone who's in a guild where TW is entirely carried almost every single time by the top 8 people in the guild, myself included: Good.
    It's not because we don't have other people with decent rosters, it's because none of them participate unless we actually have a chance at losing. Toss a single fleet on defense, then they just ignore TW unless we ping them in chat about being behind our opponent. We have like an 80-90% win rate.

    I agree that the... zero communication is an issue, but you're not going to get a response until tomorrow at the earliest most likely - y'all should know by now they aren't in on the weekends.

    But as far as the actual change goes? I'm all for stuff that enforces real participation. I'm sick of looking at the guild list and seeing someone with 5M GP set 1 team and that's it for the entire event, no full clear, defenses are only fully filled 1 1/2 hours before setup ends. I'm tired of looking at the guild list and having to contact the other officers about potentially kicking someone because they haven't so much as joined GAC for the past 4 months, have set the bare minimum in TW and never assign to platoons. ...when they have 6M+ GP.

    I honestly question why half the people I see playing this game are actually playing it. And changing various mechanics so that these people actually, y'know, need to actually participate just seems like a universal improvement to me.

    I totally agree with you, the same thing happens in my guild all the time. People with 5 or 6M GP rosters and all they do is mobilize 1 squad on defense and that's it. Since CG changed the matchmaking system we are losing so many battles because of this that any change that forces participation is a welcome one.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Narkny wrote: »
    In some guilds, the total amount of defenses are already filled before you even get the chance to look. Despite helping the guild out by attacking during the attack phase and taking out several teams, you're not gonna get any rewards? That's absurd. Let's say you successfully one-shot one of the opposing teams defenses and clean-up a few difficult teams after several tries. That would easily put you below 50 banners due to getting less banners for clean-ups. How is setting a 50 banner boundary then fair?
    Many players missed out on rewards because they had no way of knowing this. Some players didn't even get the opportunity to set a defensive team, and despite helping out by attacking they're gonna get nothing? I don't see the logic behind this at all.

    You may want to recheck TW (!) banner calculations.

    Pardon me, but your comment makes no sense. As I was saying, if you missed out on setting defenses and are only able to attack, that means you are required to take down the opposing teams defenses in order to achieve the reward threshold. So, to use my example, if you one-shot 1 team - that's usually 20 banners with a decent attack. Now, if you have to clean-up teams that have already been attacked 1-3 times beforehand, you'll end up with even less banners per attack. Meaning, you can easily end up with under 50 banners total for only attacking. This is especially true if there are high relic-ed teams across the board. If the player that's attacking has a low GP roster as well, then it's even harder to achieve 50 banners from attacking.


    Artumas wrote: »
    As someone who's in a guild where TW is entirely carried almost every single time by the top 8 people in the guild, myself included: Good.
    It's not because we don't have other people with decent rosters, it's because none of them participate unless we actually have a chance at losing. Toss a single fleet on defense, then they just ignore TW unless we ping them in chat about being behind our opponent. We have like an 80-90% win rate.

    I agree that the... zero communication is an issue, but you're not going to get a response until tomorrow at the earliest most likely - y'all should know by now they aren't in on the weekends.

    But as far as the actual change goes? I'm all for stuff that enforces real participation. I'm sick of looking at the guild list and seeing someone with 5M GP set 1 team and that's it for the entire event, no full clear, defenses are only fully filled 1 1/2 hours before setup ends. I'm tired of looking at the guild list and having to contact the other officers about potentially kicking someone because they haven't so much as joined GAC for the past 4 months, have set the bare minimum in TW and never assign to platoons. ...when they have 6M+ GP.

    I honestly question why half the people I see playing this game are actually playing it. And changing various mechanics so that these people actually, y'know, need to actually participate just seems like a universal improvement to me.

    You are under the assumption that every player is able to actually set defenses. What if they are not? Like I stated in my post, some guilds have their defenses set the same day, and some even within a few hours! How is that fair then for the rest of the guild that doesn't get to set defenses? You also need to see it from the perspective of guilds that do not have all 50 members participating in a TW. Sometimes less people sign up and there are less defenses to set. Those tiles get filled quickly. I can understand your point if everyone is able to set defenses, however, that isn't always the case.
    A much better solution to your frustration would be to require every player to at least attempt an attack. However, that can also go sideways, as you don't really want someone to just attack any ol' team, would you? Imagine someone preloading a GL team, just because they are required to attack.
    At the end of the day, this change of requiring 50 banners in order to get rewards is unfair, as it was not communicated, nor is it even achievable for everyone. When people actually try to participate and get denied rewards due to the attack phase being too difficult to get banners, then that nullifies this high banner requirement. Should you be punished for being in a guild that quickly fills their defenses (which is actually a good thing) and makes it so that players that log on too late end up not able to set defenses, but do use their teams for offense? No.
    My final question to this is, who even asked for this change?
  • If a guild still sets defences in a few hours knowing about this change to reward requirements, then how is that actually a good thing?

    You shouldn’t “be punished”, but if a guild doesn’t make sure their members all qualify for rewards, you have to question why people would stay in that guild.
  • If a guild still sets defences in a few hours knowing about this change to reward requirements, then how is that actually a good thing?

    You shouldn’t “be punished”, but if a guild doesn’t make sure their members all qualify for rewards, you have to question why people would stay in that guild.

    You say "knowing", when this change happened at a time where nobody knew it was coming.
Sign In or Register to comment.