Server merge? Arena exploit?

Powda
525 posts Member
edited April 2016
I've been playing since about the middle of January and arena has always behaved in a similar fashion as I've climbed.

Just today, I dropped over 100 spots from the 50-100 bracket in about twelve hours which is very out of the ordinary for this server, even on the weekends when the server seems to be a lot more busy. Maybe 20 or 30, but definitely not 100+

Has EA combined server populations together or is there something I'm missing causing people to go crazy with their arenas? Maybe people got their hands on the new hack and are flooding the top of the rankings pushing everyone else down?

Anyone else seeing weird behaviour in their arenas?

Replies

• Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Sounds like a random bad day, I've had those. Just need to chalk it to bad luck and continue on.
  • Powda wrote: »
    I've been playing since about the middle of January and arena has always behaved in a similar fashion as I've climbed.

Just today, I dropped over 100 spots from the 50-100 bracket in about twelve hours which is very out of the ordinary for this server, even on the weekends when the server seems to be a lot more busy. Maybe 20 or 30, but definitely not 100+

Has EA combined server populations together or is there something I'm missing causing people to go crazy with their arenas? Maybe people got their hands on the new hack and are flooding the top of the rankings pushing everyone else down?

Anyone else seeing weird behaviour in their arenas?

Just because there are a few thousand people on the server does not mean your team can't get targeted over and over.

I can refresh and pick on any team I want, maybe people see something they can beat on your team, so you are an easy target.. its the way it goes, get used to it.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    There have been no "reported" server merges. No one has also noticed a change in their server name either.

Just a bad day man. I was top 50 for about a week, then I woke up to be in #198. Pretty miffed by that
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    No worries, wasn't coming on to complain or anything. :smile:

I wasn't concerned about dropping spots, I'm having no troubles climbing back up. I was more curious about the sudden change in the usual server behaviour. Just thought I'd check to see if there was anything official or rumored recently.
  • I think because we are earning XP again, more people are doing the daily PVP matches again. I personally skip them a lot if I am level capped. I noticed big swings in my rank again too.
  • I have been seeing a lot of new names in my arena lately as well. But keep in mind that a "shard" has tons of players, and eventually those players from lower ranks will move up and go for the highest spot possible.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    I think there's a high level of activity on each server going on because of all the recent announcements, lvl cap increase and drama. 100 spots isn't Unheard of.
    It may be that there's a growing popular strategy that beats your team more easily.
    Also lots more people trying to make it to the new cap, and advancing faster than you are.
  • I can relate. I reached rank 28 and the next day I struggled to reach 50 and now I'm anywhere from 60 to 90. So aggravating I an seriously considering giving up the game.
  • Hoe can you tell which server you are on?
  • Sunday's are the worst day to even attempt to hold rank. Last night finished 82, woke up was 144, climbed back to 78, then six hours later spent 50 crystals to climb back from 137 to 72 all over again.

It's no different for ships, back and forth back and forth. Sunday is the only day I fall out of top ten. And again, end up spending 50 crystals since I want the shop drops.

If only it took into account how high you climbed or something instead of all day snipe fests.
  • ChefHaze wrote: »
    I think there's a high level of activity on each server going on because of all the recent announcements, lvl cap increase and drama. 100 spots isn't Unheard of.
    It may be that there's a growing popular strategy that beats your team more easily.
    Also lots more people trying to make it to the new cap, and advancing faster than you are.

And May the 4th is coming and folks are getting excited again.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Necromancers up in here.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Necromancers up in here.

How did people not notice?

Necro
    @BentWookiee
    @ShaolinPunk
    @RJ__Brando
    @orhermodswhomimtolazytolist
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited April 2017
    giphy.gif

Please do not Necro threads
This discussion has been closed.