50 banner minimum?

Today one of my guildmates placed only one team on defense. Mind you they have always only placed one and they get the rewards. After this territory war they received an in game message stating they only had 30 of 50 minimum banners and are not eligible for rewards. When did this happen?

Replies

• Stanimal56
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Has anyone else seen this? They did not grab a screenshot. If the participation rules have changed shouldn't we have been notified?
  • Several of my guild mates have a said the same thing. Placed one defence, or failed an attack so didn't have 50 banners.
    I've not seen this announced anywhere, it's pretty bad.
  • Thank you! I'll point it out to the guild.
  • Was this posted anywhere, you have to now earn 50 banners? I placed none on defense and got 42 attack banners. We had already won and it was more time efficient for me to do other things than keep on hitting TW to achieve 50 banners. Glad to hit 50 if that’s the rules, but when and where is the information and why was it not plastered into our inbox as a change taking effect?
  • A couple other teammates mentioned they didn’t get rewards either and I had no idea what they meant until I checked mine. Screenshot above
  • Yay, maybe people will participate in defense more often!

Nothing like being forced to deploy 400 points of defense because 10 people did 0-90.

That said, personal feelings aside, a stealth update like this isn't cool.

I never saw an game update about it & this is the first I'm seeing of it.
  • I got the same. I have no issue with this rule in general, but WHY WASN'T IT ANNOUNCED!
    No notification about it cost me the rewards :/
  • We had a 5blxubddkhvd.png
    close fight. Why dont I get rewards? After all the 48 banners I earned gave us the win. This is ****
  • This has impacted a few players that didn't set defence and didn't win banners despite attacking!

I would like the link to this update notification please so I can share @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

Thanks in advance
    This is the Way
  • nottenst
    685 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Luckily there were threads like this so I could get the word out to my guild during this recent TB and help some members receive rewards. It would have been nice to have had a big notification (or two) in advance, but the word is out now and it is up to the officers of each guild to make sure the members know.
  • Simple fix: award players 25 Banners for each lost fight on offense that do not count for the guild's result.
  • Chewpapa wrote: »
    Simple fix: award players 25 Banners for each lost fight on offense that do not count for the guild's result.
    Simpler fix: players set 2 defence squads minimum.
  • awarding banners for lost fights is a great way to lose the war.
  • This is total ****. I won 3 battles in my TW and didn't get any rewards. How tf is that even close to fair? At least 2 of them were battles that guild mates already fought and lost quickly (nearly no damage done and basically just cost us banners and preloaded enemy tm). Because I cleaned them up I get punished with no rewards because I am not strong enough to do it 4 times? So am I just supposed to avoid any fights that were already attempted? Awesome job providing a reason for people to care more about themselves and their rewards instead of doing everything you can to help your guild win. Now I have been taught that there is a very real chance I will get zero rewards unless I pick and choose fights that benefit me more than they benefit the guild. I totally get making people participate, but how tf is winning 3 battles not participating? I will admit it is a super effective strategy for making sure less and less people ever consider joining a tw though.
  • A good guild would ensure all signed up members set at least 2 defence squads.
  • A good guild would ensure all signed up members set at least 2 defence squads.

and along those lines, a good guild leader & officers would also monitor TW and if somebody is short, send them a gentle reminder to get more points before its too late.
  • This requirement to need to hit an individual quota of banners in order to get the rewards for Territory War has come to my attention today after members of the guild I lead were complaining about it in our guild chat.

The lack of transparency of whenever this change to Territory Wars went into effect has me FURIOUS.

From the beginning of Territory Wars, our guild’s approach was to encourage people to join and “get the defenses filled” but not to micro-manage the details beyond different strategies we’d try with how to zone our defenses.

The rewards messages that I have received to this day state that ALL participants in the War would get the rewards. But, apparently for the last few months, if not longer, that has NOT been the case.

Apparently the game developers think that my officers and I don’t have lives outside this game… that we have time to be on throughout the setup period to monitor and direct all the defense placements to ensure each person who signed up for the War meets, but does not exceed their quota, so that all those who joined can set their minimum required defenses too.

Not that there are ANY controls that allow you to remove or move squads once they have been placed. The only recourse we have against any guild member who might overstep and set too many defenses, thus blocking others from being able to achieve their minimum quota, would be to kick them from the guild. But, how is that fair… to deal out punishment for not sticking to a quota/limit THAT NONE OF US KNEW EXISTED!! There are various places where messages could and should be used to indicate that expectation.

So, I came to the forum to express my displeasure, which I have now done. The change was unnecessary, not communicated appropriately (if ever / at all) in the game, and seriously impacts the experience of the already incredibly frustrating process of trying to run a successful Territory War.

I hope that I have conveyed the intensity of my feelings on this matter, despite the fact the I have resisted to urge to curse and swear. /end rant.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Elizabel wrote: »
    This requirement to need to hit an individual quota of banners in order to get the rewards for Territory War has come to my attention today after members of the guild I lead were complaining about it in our guild chat.

The lack of transparency of whenever this change to Territory Wars went into effect has me FURIOUS.

From the beginning of Territory Wars, our guild’s approach was to encourage people to join and “get the defenses filled” but not to micro-manage the details beyond different strategies we’d try with how to zone our defenses.

The rewards messages that I have received to this day state that ALL participants in the War would get the rewards. But, apparently for the last few months, if not longer, that has NOT been the case.

Apparently the game developers think that my officers and I don’t have lives outside this game… that we have time to be on throughout the setup period to monitor and direct all the defense placements to ensure each person who signed up for the War meets, but does not exceed their quota, so that all those who joined can set their minimum required defenses too.

Not that there are ANY controls that allow you to remove or move squads once they have been placed. The only recourse we have against any guild member who might overstep and set too many defenses, thus blocking others from being able to achieve their minimum quota, would be to kick them from the guild. But, how is that fair… to deal out punishment for not sticking to a quota/limit THAT NONE OF US KNEW EXISTED!! There are various places where messages could and should be used to indicate that expectation.

So, I came to the forum to express my displeasure, which I have now done. The change was unnecessary, not communicated appropriately (if ever / at all) in the game, and seriously impacts the experience of the already incredibly frustrating process of trying to run a successful Territory War.

I hope that I have conveyed the intensity of my feelings on this matter, despite the fact the I have resisted to urge to curse and swear. /end rant.

You realize this thread is over 3 months old... as a guild leader you should have been aware for some time now. If you had an issue 3 months ago, your rage may have been justified, but at this point it's on you.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    There are various places where messages could and should be used to indicate that expectation.
    Such as the rewards tab?
    e7yu1j06m5of.png
  • Oh, so I should keep cycling through every possible screen in the game constantly to see if the devs have changed something that they didn’t bother to announce IN GAME in any way?

Adding a little line of text in some sub-screen that I haven’t looked at in ages for a feature/event that has existed for a long time and then my lack of knowledge of that little bit of text should not be “on me”.

It’s on the developers who think nothing of user experience and logical use of the game interface. The expectation that everyone reads the forum all the time is also ridiculous.

Like I said in my post, I have a life and I don’t care whether the earlier poster feels the timing of my anger is justified or not. It is what it is.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    I have to agree with Elizabel when he says that the change wasn't well communicated.
    That being said, as CCyrilS just pointed out, this change happened 3+ months ago.

I post a bunch of PSAs before the start of every single TW match, the relevant one for today is:

PSA7 – In order you receive rewards from TW you need to earn at least 50 points. How? All you need to do is set two teams on defense and/or win battles.

You know what? It takes us nearly 24 hours to fill up all the zones and I still get some members that end up with less than 50 points. I'll even send reminder messages when I see someone with less then 50 before the end of TW.

Every member knows what they need to do to get rewards. I've posted that PSA over 12 times now. If they still can't be bothered, that's on them.
    Post edited by LendersQuiz on
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Oh, so I should keep cycling through every possible screen in the game constantly to see if the devs have changed something that they didn’t bother to announce IN GAME in any way?

Adding a little line of text in some sub-screen that I haven’t looked at in ages for a feature/event that has existed for a long time and then my lack of knowledge of that little bit of text should not be “on me”.

It’s on the developers who think nothing of user experience and logical use of the game interface. The expectation that everyone reads the forum all the time is also ridiculous.

Like I said in my post, I have a life and I don’t care whether the earlier poster feels the timing of my anger is justified or not. It is what it is.

What I don't understand is how 3 months went by without a single person in your guild noticing. If it takes this long to even figure it out, guess it's not that big of a deal.

If you have ppl in your guild not getting 50 pts, you should politely encourage them to find a more suitable guild, or at least be happy to be carried in every other game mode that is cooperative. 50pts is easily achievable without even trying, that's why it's set so low.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Also, it may be rediculous to assume that everyone reads the forums to stay up to date. However it is NOT rediculous to expect guild leaders and officers to check regularly to stay informed. You have a higher expectation than the average player.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Also, it may be rediculous to assume that everyone reads the forums to stay up to date. However it is NOT rediculous to expect guild leaders and officers to check regularly to stay informed. You have a higher expectation than the average player.

Last post: Good
    This post: Not so much

As an officer, I have no more responsibility to stay informed about the game than a regular member. If you play the game, be informed on the game. That, "let's just leave it to the officers" is why officers are quitting the job and just going back to being a standard player. That and the lack of admin tools in game to keep the cats well herded. :wink:

I get what you're saying, but as an officer, do you really want players who don't know what they're doing w/o you holding their hand?

50 points though in TW. Dude, DO something. Set 2 defenses, attack a few teams, help your guild out instead of leeching. If anyone doesn't get 50 and they're not on an excused absence list, it's probably time to replace them.