Grand Arena Participation Gripe

Prev1
Bit of a SWGOH old timer here. Not hating the global system entirely, but also not loving this participation system. I wish I could preset a team ahead of time before GA event starts, let my defense go live and only fight if I feel like it without being punished into losing the base crystal payout. Things are busy, I got stuff to do. Just let me chill -_-

Replies

• Just run 1 battle 🤷‍♂️
  • I get it, I guess, but the attack phase is 24 hours. Takes 2 minutes to login, start a battle, and quit. If you can’t find 2 minutes out of 1440 on a day, I don’t know what to tell you. They set it up so people that don’t participate don’t get rewards to prevent giving crystals to people that don’t do anything. I don’t understand why people always want rewards for not doing anything in this game.
  • Karste
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    I get it, and I can totally run 1 battle most days of the week. But sometimes I just want a break. I had 10 hrs of straight work, some plans after and I just don't want the stress of looking at an opponent who has spent thousands of dollars on their full team of GLs, haha. Is it really too much to give me the minimum crystals for those types of days?
  • Karste wrote: »
    I get it, and I can totally run 1 battle most days of the week. But sometimes I just want a break. I had 10 hrs of straight work, some plans after and I just don't want the stress of looking at an opponent who has spent thousands of dollars on their full team of GLs, haha. Is it really too much to give me the minimum crystals for those types of days?

Conversely, is it too much for the devs to want a bare minimum of participation from their players? It takes literally 2 minutes to log participation. Bare minimum. You’re still asking for crystals for doing absolutely nothing.

If you're already in there looking at your opponent's thousands of dollars worth of character builds, just click one add 5 characters and attack. Lose, collect your 10 banners and you're done. that part would take far less than 2 minutes. Were you not playing regular arena or fleet arena on a daily basis either so as not to see other people's expensive teams?
  • No no that is the point~ I would rather not look at my opponents all the time. Occasionally I would like to do absolutely nothing and then collect the minimal crystals; just like back in the Arena more or less... apparently I'm in the minority here so far, haha
    No no that is the point~ I would rather not look at my opponents all the time. Occasionally I would like to do absolutely nothing and then collect the minimal crystals; just like back in the Arena more or less... apparently I'm in the minority here so far, haha

Right, so you want rewards for doing nothing in a mode that’s designed to essentially punish non-participants. Got it. Do you want GL shards for not doing the event, too? Same idea, right?
    No no that is the point~ I would rather not look at my opponents all the time. Occasionally I would like to do absolutely nothing and then collect the minimal crystals; just like back in the Arena more or less... apparently I'm in the minority here so far, haha

Right, so you want rewards for doing nothing in a mode that’s designed to essentially punish non-participants. Got it. Do you want GL shards for not doing the event, too? Same idea, right?

Well well, this has turned into an interesting guilt trip now hasn't it? No, I just want the minimal crystals for being lazy on my personal non-team based involvement, that is all. Nothing else. I want SWGOH paid vacation days Kaus, that's what I want!

You can, you get crystals every day sent to your inbox. You don't need to do anything to get them, you just won't get the additional ones for the active GAC.
    Karste wrote: »

Well well, this has turned into an interesting guilt trip now hasn't it? No, I just want the minimal crystals for being lazy on my personal non-team based involvement, that is all. Nothing else. I want SWGOH paid vacation days Kaus, that's what I want!

I know. I understand. You want something for nothing.

Um, you do get vacation days at work... don't you?
  • Thorozar11 wrote: »

You can, you get crystals every day sent to your inbox. You don't need to do anything to get them, you just won't get the additional ones for the active GAC.

Okay, solid point, you do get something regardless. Your critique is the most fair so far. I just feel like setting a defense is still participation I didn't just leave it to the AI to set it for me.

Of course I do. A bunch. But I have to *actually* work to get them. They’re not free for doing nothing.

Of course I do. A bunch. But I have to *actually* work to get them. They’re not free for doing nothing.

Cool cool cool. You do realize my whole request is to let me do work sometimes? I'm not saying I never want to actually battle. That is the fun of the game... gosh the forum is so much fun 😑
  • I have the opposite gripe. In the old arena there was an incentive to maximise your own score even when you’d definitely lost. Now if my opponent has already cleared mine easily and I lose 1 or 2 battles there is no point continuing.
  • Sorry, meant “grand arena”.
  • I have the opposite gripe. In the old arena there was an incentive to maximise your own score even when you’d definitely lost. Now if my opponent has already cleared mine easily and I lose 1 or 2 battles there is no point continuing.

Huh, that is an interesting point, it really does take the competitive spirit out of once you know you've mathematically lost a match... Yeah, I just had a super busy day and didn't remember to jump in and make my attacks, the little "you didn't participate" was kind of a smack in the face since I did set my defense
  • Yes. I have a high gp for no gls, so at the moment I’ve lost most matches before they start. But I used to still like trying to clear 2 zones, even when there was an unbeatable team in one of the front zones. Now there is no point.
  • Yes. I have a high gp for no gls, so at the moment I’ve lost most matches before they start. But I used to still like trying to clear 2 zones, even when there was an unbeatable team in one of the front zones. Now there is no point.

I disagree. Before there was no point. Now you need to at least fight once or you're losing crystals.

I disagree. Before there was no point. Now you need to at least fight once or you're losing crystals.
    There was a point before, because the threshold for promotion was how many banners you had scored.

Even when you knew you were going to lose, it was in your interest to clear as much as you could.

Now, there is absolutely no point in carrying on once you’ve done the bare minimum of attacking one team.
  • If I recall, without looking back, you can take days off. I think they said you need 20pt total to get event rewards. Set you def day 1. Attack day 2. Day 3 let your defense roll over. Day 4 do nothing. Day 5 let your def roll over. Day 6 do your one attack.

That's 3 days in the middle you can do absolutely nothing. Hey, you can even auto set day one and just use 2min any two days on the week to do two attacks.
  • If I recall, without looking back, you can take days off. I think they said you need 20pt total to get event rewards. Set you def day 1. Attack day 2. Day 3 let your defense roll over. Day 4 do nothing. Day 5 let your def roll over. Day 6 do your one attack.

That's 3 days in the middle you can do absolutely nothing. Hey, you can even auto set day one and just use 2min any two days on the week to do two attacks.

This is incorrect. If you do nothing on day 4 you won’t earn the crystals for losing that match because you didn’t attack.

There was a point before, because the threshold for promotion was how many banners you had scored.

Even when you knew you were going to lose, it was in your interest to clear as much as you could.

Now, there is absolutely no point in carrying on once you’ve done the bare minimum of attacking one team.

In the last GAC I didn't even bother reaching aurodium. The crystal/effort ratio was not worth it for me.

Cool cool cool. You do realize my whole request is to let me do work sometimes? I'm not saying I never want to actually battle. That is the fun of the game... gosh the forum is so much fun 😑

For some, battling is also the fun of the forums.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    I mean, if you want to take a break, take a break. That can be more valuable than crystals.

You want to do less work than required for full (albeit minimum) rewards. You’re asking to be paid for 40 hours of work but only punching in for 30.

Want to take a break? Take a break. But don’t expect to be paid for your lack of participation.

In the last GAC I didn't even bother reaching aurodium. The crystal/effort ratio was not worth it for me.
    “For you”

Anyone interested in growing their roster would have seen the point in scoring banners.

You want to do less work than required for full (albeit minimum) rewards. You’re asking to be paid for 40 hours of work but only punching in for 30.

Want to take a break? Take a break. But don’t expect to be paid for your lack of participation.

Oh gosh you're back, you doooooo realize that is exactly how vacation days work for the average working arrangement don't you? You work most of the days and then you get a few freebies. I don't think my request is particularly offensive 😐
  • You EARN vacation time, it is the reason you still get the time paid for if you quit or get fired.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    You EARN vacation time, it is the reason you still get the time paid for if you quit or get fired.

So if I uninstall the game I should get paid for all my hard work? ...now we are making some progress! O_o