Someone has checked QGJ, with the new leader speed, kill Dooku at the beginning?

Quim
665 posts Member
In the level 72 now QGJ as leader is faster than Dooku (162 vs 161), so now a new interesting option is attack Dooku at the beginning to prevent the stun. If it works, teams with Yoda maybe don't need use the BM at the beginning, or teams without Yoda have an option to kill Dooku before he can play. In this case is better play with 4 good attackers, as Rey, GS, IG-86, FOTP or Resistance Pilot to assure inflict enough damage to kill Dooku, or at least 3 good attackers and Royal Guard, but I don't know if this attack is enough to kill Dooku at the beginning, someone has tried it?

Replies

• Peempo
    403 posts Member
    It's a risky move in my experience, one problem being that his counters can still stun your QGJ, or the assisting attacker, or worse he dodges and proceeds to force lightning when he gets his turn. Definitely seems best to still start with BM.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Peempo wrote: »
    It's a risky move in my experience, one problem being that his counters can still stun your QGJ, or the assisting attacker, or worse he dodges and proceeds to force lightning when he gets his turn. Definitely seems best to still start with BM.

Wrong. Counter will not keep stun active as it is wiped at the end of the attack.

Other than that, meh. I'd still prefer to open on a DPS and deal with dooku pokes.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    He cold stun your assist. And As much as people love to go some qgj 75 bonus on assist!!!!!!11!!1111one11!!!!! Gs assist attack will almost always average more than qgj because of how massive his portion of the attack is compared to qgj
  • i got no problem doing so. QGJ assist on dooku means those options :
    a) Poe called assist - won't kill, chance for offense down before his turn, and who cares if atc a bit qgj and poe.
    b) rey called assist - can be dead, depend on rey - crit or not. also, can put foresight for her, so why not.
    c) fotp called assist - he's dead.
    d) RG called assist - 90% dooku stunned before his turn. ohh yess

anyway, he won't get turn meter since he alrdy the next one, only thing that can be bad, is that he get offense before his turn. but dooku isnt great damage, so idc much.
    however, i allways leave dooku for last, he no threat for me. i allways remove fotp/rey/gs before, stunning lumi/daka/han/poe and things like that. dooku dmg isnt big deal.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Also could be nice play with QGJ (L), Rey, IG-86, Resistancec Pilot and GS, because if Rey is the assist of QGJ have 40% chance to gain foresight, and in her turn she can use the "Flurry of Blows" if she have foresight and in the next turn use the "Leverage" and she will gain offense up for 3 turns or will gain foresight again. If RP is the assist have 55% chance to gain 20% turn meter and gains 22,5% turn meter if is critical, so can gain a total of 42,5% turn meter and will be faster than GS, for example, so she can use the special ability and will have 65% chance to gain foresight. If IG-86 is the assist is the best option, because have an additional 50% chance of critical, and if the assist is GS have 55% chance to gain offense up for 3 turns and if it is critical he gain 30% turn meter, so my GS will play before the enemy GS, so there is a lot of chance to gain offense ups, foresights or turn meters. I will check it very soon after get the gear 8 of Rey and the 5th star.

Anyway, the most important thing is that now is 100% sure that QGJ can use the special ability, so if Dooku stun he is not very important, so now teams with Yoda can use the "Unstoppable Force" at the beginning, against GS, for example, to reduce the turn meter, and then kill GS with own GS, maybe is more useful this strategy, kill the enemy Rey with own QGJ and kill GS, then the battle is finished, without matter if QGJ is stunned or not.
  • Sounds good enough to try, I was thinking the same when I reached 72 today. But still going with my Dooku team for now as I don't have GS and I'm still gearing my just 6 starred FOTP. RG also at 5 stars only :disappointed:...
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Also when Rey and Ahsoka have the max speed and are faster than Dooku, the most normal thing is that a lot of teams will use QGJ as leader and Yoda, so, using Royal Guard, Dooku will be forced to attack RG, so Dooku from then will not be very useful, because the only useful thing of Dooku will be the leader ability, but will be more interesting use QGJ as leader, so from then Dooku will not be very useful, will be better use fast characters as Rey, Ahsoka, Anakin and Leia, or continue using GS to kill Royal Guard when taunt. Also RG will be faster than Dooku thanks to the unique ability, because he gain 15% turn meter everytime taht an allie is damaged, so if QGJ+assist and Yoda attack first, it is 45% turn meter, and also Rey or Ahsoka will attack first than enemy Dooku, 60% turn meter, so also RG will be faster than Dooku.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    It doesn't help. You're still subject to the same RNG you were before. Yea, you'll win matches. But you'll also lose matches just as often because RNG is invincible. If the rolls aren't in your favor being faster doesn't help. You're also much easier to defeat on defense because the AI is easy to predict.
  • Problem is when dooku dodges one of the attacks , u got no kill , offense up counter damage and a taunt to deal with

So it's pretty risky
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @Telaan Today use QGJ to kill Dooku is only useful in the offense, to get the rank, to defend the rank is not very useful, because QGJ will attack an aleatory enemy, so still is better Dooku to defend the rank. But when the speed of Ahsoka, Anakin, Leia and Rey are faster than Dooku, will be very useful a team with QGJ (L), Yoda, Ahsoka, Rey and RG, and from then I think that the people will stop to use Dooku, because if they only can attack RG with Dooku and QGJ is a better leader, will be useless have Dooku.
  • On offence there is no difference, really :)
    On defence, however, Dooku teams perform better as sometimes RNG may be very helpful for them (whereas for QGJ teams, RNG is not a big factor)