Arena Observation

Prev1
CWent
241 posts Member
edited April 2016
There is one particular scrapper on my server who works his way into the top 50 every day. His team is staggeringly overmatched currently compared to those he's rubbing elbows with. So he's obviously targeted and pushed out towards 100 daily... like a little brother trying to hang with the older silblings but ultimately getting stuffed in a f@rt-filled sleeping bag and dragged around the yard. I don't know if he's getting tier 8 rewards when his bell tolls. If so, a tip of the cap to his gamesmanship. But getting to my point, unlike what I commonly read about severe rank drops, my server is relatively stagnant. The top 100 seems to be the same give or take 10 spot swings. So this guy's climb and tumble on the ladder sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm mired at 40-50, so I wave to him as he comes and goes. Is this the same on others servers, or are you seeing new faces in the neighborhood everyday?

Replies

• Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Y U NO aim for #1 ?
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    @usho My server got flipped on its ear after the patch. None of the above is true anymore. There's plenty of shuffling up and down the top 100. But best of all, it made my farming efforts of Boba and Lando viable. And now Ive been in the top 20 since the update. Haven't snuck #1 yet, but it's coming.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I heard people saying Bobba Fett is not that good? You think he is?

It is common for f2p to drop 20-40 places, even if they have good teams. But your friend could probably get top 20 if not better, with 1-2 refreshes. F2p don't have what whales have. Some of these guys want to get #1 and hold it forever for some reason. The guy in my shard hasn't budged from #1 since yesterday morning, when he got level 78. I don't see any teams that can take him.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I'm fairly similar. I was like that player before I hit mad at 70. I clawed my way into the top 50 but dropped after payout. Once I maxed out and before the patch I could sneak into top 5 every now and again but drop like a rock overnight. Now I can get top spot but have to claw my way up to it. That player is going to be the same way someday, I guarantee it.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    I have Boba at 6, half way to 7 - is he now worth finishing?
  • Options
    Boba Fett is better than he used to be but I don't feel like he has a spot on a top ranked team. His main problem is he has really good basic stats but doesn't seem to synergize well with anyone. Truly a lone wolf. Maybe that's why he became a bounty hunter
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    @Alexone @Valent_Antona I'm certainly the minority, but I can beat any team in the top 20 of my server (haven't been knocked outside since the patch) and have been running the Fettster as lead with Lando(bread winner), Han, Phas, Jinn. Boba's 50% crit coupled with phasma's garuntee loads up Lando to dominate. He'll smoke dooku, Leia, etc as a biproduct when I'm focused on widdling down RG or whoever....Just like, 'oh they're dead, that's convenient'
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Wow. So you say Bobba Fett is good then as leader. Ok couple more question what type of RG's/CT 5's are you fighting on your shard? Gear 8 or gear 9 with omega? Does aoe work even against Dooku as lead teams?
  • Options
    CWent wrote: »
    @Alexone @Valent_Antona I'm certainly the minority, but I can beat any team in the top 20 of my server (haven't been knocked outside since the patch) and have been running the Fettster as lead with Lando(bread winner), Han, Phas, Jinn. Boba's 50% crit coupled with phasma's garuntee loads up Lando to dominate. He'll smoke dooku, Leia, etc as a biproduct when I'm focused on widdling down RG or whoever....Just like, 'oh they're dead, that's convenient'

Sounds like a solid team!
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    @CWent I know fellow slug :sunglasses: just revived your old thread >:)
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    For those who like to use Lando, Greedo is also a viable lead
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    @usho it was a rather pointless post initially, despite growing legs thanks to your bump
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    @Alexone not many omegas on my server. Below is pic of where I sit currently. I struggle with some teams, but it's more to do with a gear / power gap than team composition. Dooku is manageable. In fact, I've taken on the cause of only targeting Dooku led squads (when possible). And leaving alone the Jinn's, Poggle, and one wild Tarkin... Trying to eradicate this Dooku disease!

http://i.imgur.com/ElV0FDZ.png
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Boba(L) Phasma, Lando, Han, RG <- THIS TEAM :sunglasses:
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Just lost to a Dooku team. Stun and Dogde running rampant. Five direct attacks were dodged by Geo alone. That's why 90% of the top 20 is still dook led, and strengthens my resolve to destroy his limp-wristed punk a$$.
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Usho wrote: »
    Boba(L) Phasma, Lando, Han, RG <- THIS TEAM :sunglasses:

That's the plan... Problem is that my Red Fella is still a baby. Once I get to cantina 7, he'll be all grow'd up in no time.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    yeah :sunglasses: Ive got 24k arena credits but havent farmed han yet (only 3*) and I aint jumping on RG bandwagon :lol:
  • Options
    yeah :sunglasses: Ive got 24k arena credits but havent farmed han yet (only 3*) and I aint jumping on RG bandwagon :lol:

Yeah its better when you farmed RG before the buff becoz that's all you had lol...3 months and only just 5.* Leave the glory to the whales. Broke as a joke but Han will be there like Jackson 5.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    plus sick of those dooku/rg teams on my top 50 :D I can finish on #1 everyday and drop aroun 10 lol but nope, as I said I wont farm meta ...
    Post edited by Usho on
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    plus sick of those dooku/rg teams on my top 50 :D I can finish on #1 everday and drop aroun 10 lol but nope, as I said I wont farm meta ...

If you only drop to 10 during the night you already have the meta...
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    plus sick of those dooku/rg teams on my top 50 :D I can finish on #1 everday and drop aroun 10 lol but nope, as I said I wont farm meta ...

If you only drop to 10 during the night you already have the meta...

+ 1 lol
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    @Alexone I assure you I dont run meta and I drop to 10-20 max :wink:
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Usho I don't know what you are running, but when i am running QGJ/Yoda/RG/GS which are supposed to still be meta, i drop to #40 from position 2 or 1. Last night was better i only dropped to #28. Done with that team in defense.
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    @Usho what Are are you running brother slug?
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @Usho I don't know what you are running, but when i am running QGJ/Yoda/RG/GS which are supposed to still be meta, i drop to #40 from position 2 or 1. Last night was better i only dropped to #28. Done with that team in defense.

Your missing one?

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Aramsham IG-86
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    @Alexone Ive never dropped below 25 over night, usually hover in the teens (some times don't move at all) but haven't been able to snag #1. It's surprising considering I'd think there's a target on my back hunkered down with an outlandish squad. Kinda stuck in limbo near the top, but not close enough.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @CWent Well i get #1 only when i get really lucky with the RNG or when someone else beats the guy that's sitting in no1. He doesn't have many counters to his team currently. But most days i get 2 or 3 since about 2 weeks ago or so.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma (L), Kylo, Barris, 5s, Chewie. Thats my def team.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma (L), Kylo, Barris, 5s, Chewie. Thats my def team.

LMAO! Yea everyone must love you there haha.