Has Grand Arena has gone from just plain bad to pathetic? Yes. Yes it has.

Purely personal opinion - the GA event should revert to the way that it was previously.
As it is, my friends and I that have 7m GP accounts are opting out every time now as it is seriously pathetic. Boycott this garbage until it goes away.

Replies

• Purely personal opinion - the GA event should revert to the way that it was previously.
    As it is, my friends and I that have 7m GP accounts are opting out every time now as it is seriously pathetic. Boycott this garbage until it goes away.
    If you’re going to convince people to join you, it might be an idea to give some details as to why you feel this way?
  • Purely personal opinion - the GA event should revert to the way that it was previously.

Disagree. I'll keep collecting my crystals in a far more interesting way. You go ahead and get just the daily amount of that is what you want.
  • As a different perspective, I’m a fan of the new system. I appreciate getting roughly equal crystals without the effort and time stress of a daily squad arena climb. I also think the new matchmaking system is more “fair” (subjective concept, I know), because it rewards overall roster development. CG makes mistakes sometimes, but credit where it’s due on this one. They did a good job reworking this.
  • It's pretty much just like any activity be it in this game or real life. People who are good at it like it and those who suck at it think it's 'seriously pathetic'
  • Its a huge improvement to me. I was stuck in a SUPER hard arena...for FTP anyway. there were about 100 vader/kenobi teams and I couldn't even crack out of the top 130...whereas a guy in my guild had 3 relic characters and 1.3 million GP and was in the top 5 of his, collecting a crap load of crystal. Now, I generated about 2.5k crystal this week vs about 500...It will be up and down but at least I get rewarded for having several good squads not rushing one good squad and randomly placed in a competitive league...I'll still get smashed...esp by the big dogs who pay for the game (as it should be) but at least I am not STUCK in an arena that was rewarding me lower than that of almost all in my guild who had far inferior lineups.

Perfect? heck no. but better for me and casual players? for sure. probably only the top 2% really get hurt...and even then...probably not that much. but there are always exceptions.

• Gorgus wrote: »
    As a different perspective, I’m a fan of the new system. I appreciate getting roughly equal crystals without the effort and time stress of a daily squad arena climb. I also think the new matchmaking system is more “fair” (subjective concept, I know), because it rewards overall roster development. CG makes mistakes sometimes, but credit where it’s due on this one. They did a good job reworking this.

This.
    I appreciate having 2 hours of my day back.
    I appreciate not being punished for going for actual functional roster improvements over the one GL that's good in squad arena.
    I appreciate having more than 1 single good set of mods actually mattering.
    I appreciate the way more fluid way the game works now, and the fact new players are going to be actively encouraged to actually improve their roster, rather than just focus solely on 1 specific power character.
    I appreciate the fact matchmaking actually has some semblance of logic to it, and those people with 6-7M GP with 0 GLs are actually getting punished for ignoring the meta for 2+ years just because they were in an inactive non-competitive shard and didn't need to care before.

And I absolutely appreciate the spotlight this change has shined on the absolutely shortsighted part of the playerbase that legitimately thinks not participating is a good idea, and that posting about how they think not participating for worse rewards is a good idea.
  • Strong disagree with OP and agree with the sentiment stated about getting back the time from the arena climb. I've got more xtals now than I ever had before. I managed to break into the top 10 in squad maybe once in the 5ish years, certainly not missing that daily business.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    xtals

Dear lord no
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    More like “not opting in” amirite?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • definitely appears to be a personal opinion. I hated arena and having to take time to climb at specific times of the day. I also hated grand arena. but now I don't have to worry about squad arena, and I can see the rewards from GAC, I am fully supportive of the changes. It's not perfect, but is never going to be exactly what everyone wants. It's just supremely better than squad arena IMO
  • AEfaitdelaheureuse
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    I really hate the GAC but I have to admit that compared to the arena it's much quieter. No stress for time, no more need to spend money to have the latest GL meta to be top 3, and staying underrated (I have 4 GL and I often play against people who don't have one ...) I play against people against whom I win very easily when I want to win. In short, I earn less than before but I earn without straining myself.
    Y a un n*a*z*i qui a changé mon nom sans rien me dire...
  • I think it is one of the best changes that CG has made to the game. I don't win every time and that's okay. It's still a fun challenge and I get more rewards than I did in arena. Don't understand why you feel this way.