Points in GAC battles

To the SWGOH developers and planners:

I've been playing SWGOH for a while and have a wide team. I really like the new daily crystal reward based on your ranking, but I'm now being adversly effected in a new way.

In my current GAC battles I've been lined up with player that have very tall teams (a couple big characters and and GL). Since I don't have a GL and the last round of nerfs that occurred mid last year, I can't do anything about them. That's frustrating- but I realize it's my fault. At my level, I should have a GL. However I'm now falling victim to those who post a minor defense (just their GL) team, and I can't win the battle. Since they didn't set much of a defense, they have lots for offense. I'm left putting out as many large defense squads as possible in hopes of enough points. But GAC rewards seem to be based solely from Attack points.

I've read this notice from @CG_SBCrumb_MINI and would like to make this recommendation:

GAC points for each battle should be a total of offense and defense points PLUS a penalty if all squads weren't placed in each region.

My logic is this: the point of GAC is to give similar leveled players a chance to challenge one another in a real test. In Kyber, you need 11 squads (plus 2 ship fleets) on defense plus enough to mount an appropriate offense. If you can't do that, you're at the wrong level.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Replies

• My logic is this: the point of GAC is to give similar leveled players a chance to challenge one another in a real test. In Kyber, you need 11 squads (plus 2 ship fleets) on defense plus enough to mount an appropriate offense. If you can't do that, you're at the wrong level.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

If you place 11 teams and your offense can’t deal with something that doesn’t even qualify as an “appropriate defense”, what are you going to do against someone that has 22 solid teams?

3v3 FTW
  • The problem is where my opponent uses a single GL squad to stop me. No contest.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2022

Be patient. Give your skill rating time to settle to a level where you face opponents at your actual skill/roster level.