Should I give up on Wat? and GL kenobi

I decided I would rather go after GL Kenobi over SLKR because I like the units involved with Kenobi. My problem? Wat...my guild just can't farm him efficiently (1-3 shards a go) but several of us are pushing to get Geos ready. Regardless this is going to take years at this rate.

Should I just give up on the idea of getting Wat? or do you think they might bring in another avenue of getting his shards? I have 70k MK1 tokens and over 120K Shard store tokens. Any chance they bring him to one of these locations?

or even just available for crystal?

It is aggravating that it all hinges on one unit that is not dependent on my level/work/saving resources but relies on a guild. I am not willing to leave this guild as I've been with them from the start and they are decent (155 million GP)...but this is killing me.

Also, how hard to lord vader to get? I thought for some reason there was some crazy requirement like the new executor or something crazy but there requirements don't show this to be the case? Am I imagining his difficulty or should I switch to farming his requirements?
Please say they will make things easier for them (more available) after they release the horrible idea of a old man boba fett character...

here are my units/roster in case that makes a difference for advice.

https://swgoh.gg/p/418433592/characters/



Replies

  • yup pretty much do not like this reply but good information! even though my guild obviously cannot get though challenger rancor I use crystal for relic 8 mats so that doesn't bother me too much. However...without some major changes to Wat...I fear I am stuck badly. Thanks for the reply, denial is easy to fall into.
  • New guild time
    Free at last
  • My guild does better than that on Wat shards, and I have 1/5th of your GP. There's no way, if I had your account, I would be in a guild that was only pulling in 3 wat shards.
  • been with this guild since I started like years ago...and my brother is in it too. got some pondering to do! Sucks that the solution is find a top heavy guild in order to progress in the game. you would think they would want stronger players to help smaller guilds progress in the game. What a shame.
  • crzydroid
    6091 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately, guild progression doesn't rely on a few strong players, but everyone pulling their weight.

    A guild that's been around for years and is where yours is at has a lot of casual players and just isn't going to really go anywhere at all. You can make a choice about how you want to play the game. You can stay with them, but just accept you won't get everything you want.

    Another option is to go freelance in other guilds just for DS TB and then go back to your guild the other three weeks of the month (just be sure to grab TB rewards before leaving the other guild). You will only need to do this until you finish Wat. Getting in a guild that gets even just 35 Wat shards will have you maxed in less than 10 months.
  • Good points. How difficult is it to freelance? I would assume that it would be tricky to coordinate. Still though, good idea and I hadn't really thought of it as a viable option. Thanks for the advice, it has me thinking and talking to my brother about options. Perhaps a change is needed to make the game progress more fluidly.
  • I was in your exact position few months ago, now, I finally own JMK

    How? I moved guild, I also started with them, I also didn't want to abandon them, but they were just pulling me back

    Now that I own JMK, and enough R8 mats to get both Executor and LV, I'm planning on going back to them, just for the old times and friends, because well, obviously I'm much better in my new guild

    Your case is so similar to mine, my advice?
    Take your own path to get JMK, maybe you can get back to them in a few months, just like I'm planning to do, otherwise, yeah, you should forget about JMK
  • kiwiswgoh wrote: »
    been with this guild since I started like years ago...and my brother is in it too. got some pondering to do! Sucks that the solution is find a top heavy guild in order to progress in the game. you would think they would want stronger players to help smaller guilds progress in the game. What a shame.

    It's not so much finding a top heavy guild, but rather one where either the members are willing to work on guild-focused teams on their own, or where it's enforced by the officers.

    You can almost have a Wat-ready geo team by the time you hit level 85 - It's not a heavy investment.
    There's realistically zero reason ANYONE shouldn't have a wat-ready geo team. It's honestly probably the first or second team almost anyone should work on these days. Geos will literally always be useful in some capacity, from being a really good team at super low GP, to being a significantly useful team for the majority of GP ranges, to the ship trio being a large part of the Malev fleet from mid to endgame.

    They're good in basically all content they're allowed in other than Raids, as well, and there's still uses for them in non-C.Pit raids as well, especially GBA.

    Essentially, if you're in a guild where everyone's well over the 1M mark, that's doing DS Geo, and you're NOT getting 40+ shards/TB, you should leave. Not because they're necessarily bad, but because the members obviously aren't focused on guild rewards, which WILL hurt your overall progress a LOT. - The only arguable scenario where it makes any sense to not pursue Geos basically ASAP is if you're beelining a GL on a new account, but even that is generally achievable prior to 2M GP in most cases, with maybe Rey as the only exception due to her relatively more demanding reqs in comparison with the other 2 rushable GLs, SEE and SLKR ...and then you should basically immediately rush Geos after that. ...especially with these gear changes. You don't even need to relic anyone but GBA for consistency, and it's not like GBA even needs to be high relic - I literally have a 100% success rate with him at only G12 and then R1 since the Geo TBs were introduced. R3's "safer" but not actually required.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    Your case is so similar to mine, my advice?
    Take your own path to get JMK, maybe you can get back to them in a few months, just like I'm planning to do, otherwise, yeah, you should forget about JMK

    Thanks, does seem like the best option at this point. sucks but maybe I can return and help promote th eagerness to building up GUILD helpful teams. Our guild seems set on going for some GL which is actually helping in Twars etc but this GEO thing is a missed opportunity.
  • Artumas wrote: »
    Essentially, if you're in a guild where everyone's well over the 1M mark, that's doing DS Geo, and you're NOT getting 40+ shards/TB, you should leave. Not because they're necessarily bad, but because the members obviously aren't focused on guild rewards, which WILL hurt your overall progress a LOT. - The only arguable scenario where it makes any sense to not pursue Geos basically ASAP is if you're beelining a GL on a new account, but even that is generally achievable prior to 2M GP in most cases, with maybe Rey as the only exception due to her relatively more demanding reqs in comparison with the other 2 rushable GLs, SEE and SLKR ...and then you should basically immediately rush Geos after that. ...especially with these gear changes. You don't even need to relic anyone but GBA for consistency, and it's not like GBA even needs to be high relic - I literally have a 100% success rate with him at only G12 and then R1 since the Geo TBs were introduced. R3's "safer" but not actually required.

    Gotta say that even my geos with relic4 GBA is not 100% but I have been trying to switch up mods...however i do like the idea. perhaps i'll pitch everyone in the guild to FOCUS on the geo team and if there is not a high rate of acceptance on that I'll look for another guild...
    might at least give a chance to push everyone in the right direction but I figure you are right about just needing a guild that can be more at my level for now...even though i'm not really anything to sneeze at.
  • crzydroid
    6091 posts Moderator
    This is the discord server I use when I want to join a guild for a week:

    https://discord.gg/XsysFahZ

    You can also post in the Guild Recruitment section here. I usually get several replies fairly soon after posting--it's always easier to find a guild than it is for guilds to find members. Just explain that you are coming for Wat shards and will switch back to your guild otherwise. Remember to join theirs before it actually starts and not leave until you claim rewards.

    Also, if you struggle on the Wat mission with r4 geos, it's a mods issue, you don't have full platoons, or both. With full platoons and the right mods (and sometimes RNG with the team comp on the last round) g12 geos can do it.
  • kiwiswgoh wrote: »
    Artumas wrote: »
    Essentially, if you're in a guild where everyone's well over the 1M mark, that's doing DS Geo, and you're NOT getting 40+ shards/TB, you should leave. Not because they're necessarily bad, but because the members obviously aren't focused on guild rewards, which WILL hurt your overall progress a LOT. - The only arguable scenario where it makes any sense to not pursue Geos basically ASAP is if you're beelining a GL on a new account, but even that is generally achievable prior to 2M GP in most cases, with maybe Rey as the only exception due to her relatively more demanding reqs in comparison with the other 2 rushable GLs, SEE and SLKR ...and then you should basically immediately rush Geos after that. ...especially with these gear changes. You don't even need to relic anyone but GBA for consistency, and it's not like GBA even needs to be high relic - I literally have a 100% success rate with him at only G12 and then R1 since the Geo TBs were introduced. R3's "safer" but not actually required.

    Gotta say that even my geos with relic4 GBA is not 100% but I have been trying to switch up mods...however i do like the idea. perhaps i'll pitch everyone in the guild to FOCUS on the geo team and if there is not a high rate of acceptance on that I'll look for another guild...
    might at least give a chance to push everyone in the right direction but I figure you are right about just needing a guild that can be more at my level for now...even though i'm not really anything to sneeze at.
    You can beat the Wat mission reliably with a g11/g12 mix if you mod each Geo appropriate to their role and you know how to play them effectively. It's just like a regular Combat Mission.

    Honestly, if you are failing the Wat mission with an r4 GBA then you are making mistakes with modding &/or tactics.
  • EdSolo
    280 posts Member
    You only need g12 geos for the wat mission. I have yet to get any on mine to g13 and I beat it every time. One key could be filling platoons. You want those complete before attempting the mission. If your guild still can't improve after that, then like many have said, it is time to move on. SLKR is a good GL, but Kenobi is the gold standard today. However, with the arena changes, he is not quite as important as before. Still good for tw, tb, and GAC though.
  • Zanir wrote: »

    Holy crystals Batman

    1) I looked at your Geos, the Wat mission should be a walk in the park for you. You got the gear and their mods ain't terrible either. Watch some videos, mate.

    2) Find a new guild immediately, one with players with experience who can coach you through Wat and KAM.

    3) Improve your mods. Some of your toons are modded well, but some are just strange. Tenacity on GK instead of maxing out health? Both your Revans are incredibly slow. Protection cross on Vader.

    Thank you for the great feedback. I REALLY need to remod some of the old characters like you mentioned the two revans and GK etc.
    I have also recently changed the mods to what they are now so perhaps they are gooe enough to make the event easy now. I also have watched some strategy and found I was doing a few things wrong so I think I should be good now.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    This is the discord server I use when I want to join a guild for a week:

    https://discord.gg/XsysFahZ

    You can also post in the Guild Recruitment section here. I usually get several replies fairly soon after posting--it's always easier to find a guild than it is for guilds to find members. Just explain that you are coming for Wat shards and will switch back to your guild otherwise. Remember to join theirs before it actually starts and not leave until you claim rewards.

    Also, if you struggle on the Wat mission with r4 geos, it's a mods issue, you don't have full platoons, or both. With full platoons and the right mods (and sometimes RNG with the team comp on the last round) g12 geos can do it.

    I can't accept invite for some reason
  • If your guild members are willing to put in the effort, i'd give them some time. G12 bugs can be gotten in a month. If in a month, you get 15-20+ shards pet tw, then you're suddenly back on track.
  • They have eventually added TB and raid character shards in places but not in enough volume to make a dent in your Wat farming process given how far away you are. Like others said, either need to change guilds or people in your guild need to step up. The Wat mission doesn't require that much gearing...really only need GBA at relic level for some cushion and the right strategy....i.e., keeping as many ability blocks as possible on the particular characters that can wreck you.
  • Your guild needs to prioritize G12 Geos. The mission is possible with all purple, if one has really good mods. G12 will carry you further, and a G13 on Brood Alpha makes it a cakewalk.

    In a month half your guild should have their Geos ready if they were serious about it.
  • @kiwiswgoh

    If you're still looking, give our alliance a shot. Explain your situation and what you're looking for and we should be able to help.

    https://discord.gg/UGdTXgBm

  • @kiwiswgoh there are still a lot of guilds that are pulling in over 25 Wat shards per DSTB that would take you just for 100% assurance that you would get your daily 600. You just gotta join a big alliance and be up front about that. You're the almost deadweight that gets 600 per day.

    The game is still mostly individual player based, and you being the worst member of a big boy guild let's you see what you need to develop for the long haul.
  • Coffee4Closers
    21 posts Member
    edited January 14
    I'm in the exact same boat. Does anyone have a link to a good video or discord on how to properly mod Geos,or perhaps post it here. I'm pretty sure I do not have them modded correctly. I'm about to get SEE and from what I've read WAT (and armorer) are crucial.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/634748332/
  • I'm in the exact same boat. Does anyone have a link to a good video or discord on how to properly mod Geos,or perhaps post it here. I'm pretty sure I do not have them modded correctly. I'm about to get SEE and from what I've read WAT (and armorer) are crucial.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/634748332/

    I don’t have a link, but almost more important than mods (assuming you have reasonable mods on them to begin with) is the order and strategy. I’ve been consistently getting Wat shards with G11/12 Geos and no supreme mods on mine at all.

    1. Set up your team in this order: Alpha (lead), Sun Fac, Soldier, Spy, Poggle. This is important because SF clears buffs and Soldier applies tenacity down. When they assist, they do it in the order you set the team in, so you want the buffs gone and tenacity down early to increase the chances of Poggle landing ability block.
    2. Ability block on any enemy who does AoE attacks. ARC and Sergent are the big ones here, but fish head guy and Kit Fisto can mess you up too. Making sure these toons always have AB is critical. It only lasts one turn, so watch closely. Barriss seems to dispel debuffs so you may want to deal with her early if you get her.
    3. Platoons!! Especially the first ship segment. That helps you get Brute taunting early so you don’t fail before you even get started.

    There’s other things to consider too, but sticking to those 3 principals should get you trough every time.
  • Vendi1983
    4857 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Two big strategy elements:

    1 - ensure GBA is 261 speed or better. You'll go first in Wave 1, which makes everything much easier.

    2 - entering Wave 4 (or 2/3 for that matter), if Brute is still alive, use Droid Factory on the first turn you get. It won't summon B1/B2, but with at least 4/6 platoons filled your whole team gets 50% TM and you can hopefully get a jump on everyone on the other side.
Sign In or Register to comment.