Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• It's a topic because of this .
    Next Major Update
    I wanted to clarify something important about the recent change to Tiers of gear. As some players have noticed, a few of these pieces of gear are currently not obtainable through the same means that other gear is acquired. Instead, these new pieces will be acquired in a different way through brand new and exciting features. We can’t talk about them just yet, but keep an eye out on Monday for something…big.

The something big is guilds. That means gear that I need only available to guilds which gives a advantage over non guild players.

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    Hey Oklahoma, what do you exactly expect to happen, there to be guilds in the game but provide no resources to the players? Any online game that's able to build this function in does so. Nature of the beast.

Any boost a guild gets should not affect a non guild player. I'm fine with being able to grab any guild members characters for ls/ds missions or challenges. I'm ok with whatever boost a guild wins to help that guild against another guild. What's not cool is a guild members getting an advantage in arena of someone who doesn't want to deal with a guild.

Guilds give benefits, just like they do in literally every game ever made that incorporate guilds.

Why is this a topic?

Some people can't work as part of a team and post threads as such?
    {RotE}
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    Hey Oklahoma, what do you exactly expect to happen, there to be guilds in the game but provide no resources to the players? Any online game that's able to build this function in does so. Nature of the beast.

Any boost a guild gets should not affect a non guild player. I'm fine with being able to grab any guild members characters for ls/ds missions or challenges. I'm ok with whatever boost a guild wins to help that guild against another guild. What's not cool is a guild members getting an advantage in arena of someone who doesn't want to deal with a guild.

Guilds give benefits, just like they do in literally every game ever made that incorporate guilds.

Why is this a topic?

People are different levels of social. Others arent. Sometimes it isnt only a preference. Ur a whale who gets f2p. While strange to you, im sure u can empathise with them a bit
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Homish
    65 posts Member

funny, i didnt know the Homish were allowed to use the internet.

:smile:

I left the farm a while ago with some old dude and a couple of robots. Took my first step into a larger world.
  • Doubt it will be in credits. More than likely will be crystals.
  • I was thinking something closer to this amount in crystals, but same difference.
  • They already said it will be credits.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Doubt it will be in credits. More than likely will be crystals.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/266986#Comment_266986
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    1.2m credits to create the guild and 1 Mk 3 Chedak Comlink + 50k credits per player slot.

edited for forgetting to charge credits per slot.
  • Says he believes. Creds seem too cheap for such a big want. It is a business. I would expect it would be, if in credits, 5mil plus. They need to make money on such an in demand game mode. I can't see it being simply a mil creds. I'd say a weeks worth of GW creds minimal. If I'm wrong, awesome.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Naecabon
    Shared Activities will award both currency types.

Guild Shipments are individual purchases. Guild Bank Currency is for the Guild Leader to use to do Guild stuff :)

So, you're saying the guild leader can purchase things like training droids, credit packs, gear and ability mats, and shards to go into a guild holdings that the rest of the guild can then purchase individually from the guild holdings with guild shipments?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • DestructusKloud
    103 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm expecting 10mil credits, 1000 crystals and 5000 arena and gw tokens.
    Hey, EA are apparently trying to maximise the grind, so I don't see why they won't do this.
    Doesn't mean I want them to.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Naecabon

Guild Shipments are individual purchases. Guild Bank Currency is for the Guild Leader to use to do Guild stuff :)

So, you're saying the guild leader can purchase things like training droids, credit packs, gear and ability mats, and shards to go into a guild holdings that the rest of the guild can then purchase individually from the guild holdings with guild shipments?

I think a guild can be upgraded in various areas using credits only the leader has access to.

Individuals would get another new currency to buy new toons n other stuff possibly
  • @EA_Jesse has discussion about alts been brought up in regards to someone having say 10 alts in their guild that they play each day to bring in guild dough so that person can buy up stuff that he then puts towards one account? This has happened before in other games..
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    @Naecabon

I'm pretty sure he never said any of that
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    I'm expecting 10mil credits, 1000 crystals and 5000 arena and gw tokens.
    Hey, EA are apparently trying to maximise the grind, so I don't see why they won't do this.
    Doesn't mean I want them to.

Of course we want this as low as possible. That could be a diff poll... But i was curious what ppl expect it will be
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Who's starting the guild for people that don't want to be in guilds? I'd like to join.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Who's starting the guild for people that don't want to be in guilds? I'd like to join.

Haha. No LINE allowed. In game chat must be disabled or u get tossed
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I think 100k. They said it would be low enough to be accessible, but high enough that you don't spam create guilds. IMO 100k fits the bill.

But then again, it could be a million credits cause their definition of "accessible" is vastly different than ours
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    @Naecabon

It's not literal...democrat I take it lol
  • Boing
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    @Naecabon

It's not literal...democrat I take it lol

It's not even remotely close... Guild Leader unlocks Guild Perks for the guild. Has nothing to do with shipments at all.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I don't see the downside. If your a person who logs in everyday and does the guild event and are competent you will find a guild that fits you. Whether it's a low strategy guild or one that organizes.
  • 200w.gif
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    It's a topic because of this .
    Next Major Update
    I wanted to clarify something important about the recent change to Tiers of gear. As some players have noticed, a few of these pieces of gear are currently not obtainable through the same means that other gear is acquired. Instead, these new pieces will be acquired in a different way through brand new and exciting features. We can’t talk about them just yet, but keep an eye out on Monday for something…big.

The something big is guilds. That means gear that I need only available to guilds which gives a advantage over non guild players.

No, the something big was the giant rancor boss behind the door. Because he's, you know, big.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Wait, so you don't want extra loot? Why would you not want to join a guild?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    @Naecabon

I think a guild can be upgraded in various areas using credits only the leader has access to.

Individuals would get another new currency to buy new toons n other stuff possibly

Thank you for getting my post..
  • OMG I never bookmarked this thread - why do I keep getting notifications for it? :angry:

SHOO
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    A+ for the communication by @EA_Jesse since the guild announcement
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Wait, so you don't want extra loot? Why would you not want to join a guild?

Wants loot with no guild