Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    I just don't get why it's such a big deal not to join a guild. I mean why not just do it.
  • Valent_Antona
    1034 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So reading between the lines:
    >Prior to announcement "next update will reveal how to obtain the new gear [and omega mats?]"

>There are some items only obtainable through guilds, but no worries, it'll be easy to join a guild.

Basically, I see this is "if you want to level up, or keep up with the rest, you have to join a guild".

While I'm 100% cool with guilds being in the game, I feel like it's bad form to not (practically) make them optional.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Cyclops wrote: »
    I just don't get why it's such a big deal not to join a guild. I mean why not just do it.
    That's how I started smoking. And here I am... Still smoking
  • Cottonfresh
    46 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    >Prior to announcement "next update will reveal how to obtain the new gear [and omega mats?]"

>There are some items only obtainable through guilds, but no worries, it'll be easy to join a guild.

Basically, I see this is "if you want to level up, or keep up with the rest, you have to join a guild".

While I'm 100% cool with guilds being in the game, I feel like it's bad form to not (practically) make them optional.

To be honest, what better way is there to keep people playing a game than to give them a personable community? Making guilds obligatory forces players to bond with others forming mini galactic clicks. People "not wanting to have to play with others" seems like an excuse a middle schooler with social anxiety would use, that I don't believe is relevant enough to trump incentivizing guilds to provide exclusive rewards.
  • So reading between the lines:

To be honest, what better way is there to keep people playing a game than to give them a personable community? Making guilds obligatory forces players to bond with others forming mini galactic clicks. People "not wanting to have to play with others" seems like an excuse a middle schooler with social anxiety would use, that I don't believe is relavent enough to trump incentivizing guilds to provide exclusive rewards.
    Fair assessment, but it's not a childish response. I've played many MMOs and were in guilds and quite enjoyed them. I'm not sure how it fits into this game though. This game never seemed to be a social game outside the forum. It really has no plot and if there's a story at all its that you, the solo player at the holo table, aspires to beat the Hutt in the corner.

Some people (and I'm not the only one) saw this as a solo game, and were drawn to it because we didn't want another clash of clans or the like. Now it's going that way. No one is childish because they are disappointed in the direction it may possibly go.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »
    I would highly recommend joining a "just for fun" guild like the one I'm starting! (Shameless plug)

I'm in! What do we need to join?
  • Cottonfresh
    46 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I apologize if what I said came off as "people are immature if they can't cope with having to play with others." I was characterizing a comment rather than trying to label a type of player.

Being invested in a solo adventure is perfectly fine. That's why I play Legend of Zelda or an old school Pokemon game. But as this is a game where pvp is an aspect of the game, it almost requires more forms of player interaction.

I will also go out and say I don't believe guilds should be required to progress. If you have to be in a guild to reach teir 9, then that is poor design. The guild should provide a benefit rather than establish a new wall. Otherwise I have nothing whatsoever against them. They are seemingly a positive investment.

So all in all I do, in part, agree with your first post. The only way in which we stray is in the interpretation of "keeping up."
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    ElToro wrote: »
    OMG, I'll have my own guild, im not sure on the name yet but I'm sure it will be badas, and everyone is welcomed to join it

Did you know your avatar is a picture of someone, who I assume is you, kissing someone? Interesting choice.

Yes I'm aware ever since i put it there, and yes you assume right, that's me and my gf
  • trellent
    168 posts Member

Again, I'm not sure how you can stand the forums, or the Internet for that matter, if the type of people you describe bother you so much. Truly elite guilds can clear end game content and regulate themselves to foster a fun gaming environment.

Forum and internet interaction levels are under the user's control. You can lurk as much as you want. Post if you want. Skip it any time you want. It's not in your face while you're trying to play the game. You're not going to get kicked from the forum if you don't make some minimum number of posts every day.
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    ElToro wrote: »
    OMG, I'll have my own guild, im not sure on the name yet but I'm sure it will be badas, and everyone is welcomed to join it

Did you know your avatar is a picture of someone, who I assume is you, kissing someone? Interesting choice.

$$$$ stop watching them kiss.

Kids nowadays
  • LORDxKYLO
    54 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Join the FiRST ORDER message me on line app for details@ lordkylo951
    Post edited by LORDxKYLO on
  • I always considered it common courtesy to limit my avatar to only G vs PG-13 rated relations with my rabbit.

I try to lead by example.
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    gobears21 wrote: »
    It's their playground so I don't really want to complain; however at the same time I'm not excited for a chat where another 11 year old to tell me that I'm a loser cos he has a better QGJ than I do. Only other online game I've played is madden and quite honestly the league play for me was the part of the game that I despised the most. I really like this game (a lot) and I see this as having detrimental effects on my future playing and enjoyment of it.... but we'll see.

Well, you've had one game that was bad experience unfortunately, but from playing online multilayer games for over 25 years, and games with guild functions for probably 21 or 22 years, by far I've had positive experience from guilds. Usually the negative "immature spam" comes from social tabs/windows while guild chats have actually kept me sane and to keep playing in games when "public" was full of the "haha, your momma sucks, you n00b, I'm leet +you suck" type crap, plus Chinese farmers advertising their websites / stock pricing.

Hopefully guilds are implemented with thought, unlike a lot of features in here unfortunately (thinking it's from crazy deadlines set by you know who) rather than lack of skill.
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    I always considered it common courtesy to limit my avatar to only G vs PG-13 rated relations with my rabbit.

I try to lead by example.

Nice rabbit!
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    hopefully there are other ways to get this gear without having to join a guild, I dont have time to dedicate to a guild and im sure lots of others dont as well, so it seems very lame to block progression for the people who cant join a guild...

I imagine it will be like other games... you can click on a list of public guilds and join one. Invest as much or little of your time as you like.. but your rewards will be based on your investment.
  • trellent
    168 posts Member
    No way of knowing if they will follow suit on this game, but it costs 100,000 gold to create a guild in Heroes of Dragon Age. I don't find gold to be nearly so important as credits.
  • 1) I am not anti guilds, I belong and have started guilds in several games.
    2) In almost all others I've played the guild aspect doesn't functionally change the solo experience. At the worst it slows your progress, ie: in a guild 10 level 20 players can group a level 50 area and share the rewards and experience, or a solo person can wait till they are level 60 and solo it keeping all rewards and experience. And a mmorpg this game ain't.
    3)The difference with this games guild platform from what I read in Jesse's explanation, a solo character will have no chance at receiving some of the mats required for leveling characters, it comes from this exciting new mode. I know of no other game that only allows a character building mat to be gained only by guild activities. <
    that is my problem with how I understand the guild system is going to work. Some of you gripe about the pre crafting gap. This change will bring the impossible to craft gap.

Why is this important?

There are players who don't like guilds and started this game that had no guild structure mentioned in any app description, well now they are going to be forced to either join a guild or your progress will be stopped. Some of you on this forum gripe about gear changes making some gear unobtainable for some and it unbalances the game and hurts the poor guys who don't go to the forums and know about these changes. Yet you seem perfectly fine with a mode that can do just that on steroids. All I'm doing is pointing this out.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    It's nice to showoff you have a girlfriend
  • I can see it now... all the Mol Eliza's segregated into Mol Eliza Guilds only.

Mol Eliza tournament =))
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    1) I am not anti guilds, I belong and have started guilds in several games.
    2) In almost all others I've played the guild aspect doesn't functionally change the solo experience. At the worst it slows your progress, ie: in a guild 10 level 20 players can group a level 50 area and share the rewards and experience, or a solo person can wait till they are level 60 and solo it keeping all rewards and experience. And a mmorpg this game ain't.
    3)The difference with this games guild platform from what I read in Jesse's explanation, a solo character will have no chance at receiving some of the mats required for leveling characters, it comes from this exciting new mode. I know of no other game that only allows a character building mat to be gained only by guild activities. <
    that is my problem with how I understand the guild system is going to work. Some of you gripe about the pre crafting gap. This change will bring the impossible to craft gap.

Why is this important?

There are players who don't like guilds and started this game that had no guild structure mentioned in any app description, well now they are going to be forced to either join a guild or your progress will be stopped. Some of you on this forum gripe about gear changes making some gear unobtainable for some and it unbalances the game and hurts the poor guys who don't go to the forums and know about these changes. Yet you seem perfectly fine with a mode that can do just that on steroids. All I'm doing is pointing this out.

Point #3 i know of games that do this. Ur personal exp must not be diverse enough
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Asic wrote: »
    Make your own guild and kick it solo. No big deal.

guild rewards are to distributed by guild rankings...booo
  • Top_Quark wrote: »
    Hey Oklahoma, what do you exactly expect to happen, there to be guilds in the game but provide no resources to the players? Any online game that's able to build this function in does so. Nature of the beast.

Any boost a guild gets should not affect a non guild player. I'm fine with being able to grab any guild members characters for ls/ds missions or challenges. I'm ok with whatever boost a guild wins to help that guild against another guild. What's not cool is a guild members getting an advantage in arena of someone who doesn't want to deal with a guild.

i agree but that doesn't seem the case. just one more reason not to spend money.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    It would be nice if every guild will have the hours they get the rewards in the description. So we don't join one in which you have to be up at 5am or you miss everything. I think the guild leaders should do this.
  • Message me
  • LORDxKYLO
    54 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    As of right now this is still fresh, hoping this can be something great. Again message me on line app @lordkylo951 thanks people will bow to the FiRST ORDER!!!!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member

To be honest, what better way is there to keep people playing a game than to give them a personable community? Making guilds obligatory forces players to bond with others forming mini galactic clicks. People "not wanting to have to play with others" seems like an excuse a middle schooler with social anxiety would use, that I don't believe is relevant enough to trump incentivizing guilds to provide exclusive rewards.

Because people choose facebook when they want to socialize and a game when they want to play. Also this is a "collection" turn based game without even real pvp. It's Player vs AI. I don't really see the point of guilds. And i don't really see the point of making the guild mandatory in order to progress further in game. It's a major annoyance for some people.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @CPMP how do you know it's a major annoyance when you haven't even seen it yet? Just wait and see, then give your input.

I for one am skeptical about the part that players from all servers will be joining same guilds. There are differences between players that started in december and ones that started in february. Looking forward to see how it is implemented though.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Will it be possible to raise the number of players allowed in each guild through contributions or will it be fixed at 50 for the foreseeable future?
    {RotE}
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    @CPMP how do you know it's a major annoyance when you haven't even seen it yet? Just wait and see, then give your input.

I for one am skeptical about the part that players from all servers will be joining same guilds. There are differences between players that started in december and ones that started in february. Looking forward to see how it is implemented though.

Based off Jesse's response guilds won't be competing against each other so this is a non issue. If anything it benefits the newer players because they can be graciously accepted into a guild of high level players and her all those rewards.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »

1) Mobile Data usage increase (lets hope it won't be much)
    2) Timezones and availability
    3) 2 new guild currencies (this way they force you to join a guild and play with others in order to get new rewards/heroes/gear) If they add raids (rancor trailer) and it requires people getting together to play, it will force people from different timezones to be unable to play at specific hours.
    4) The fact that how people play, will affect you. And how you will play, will affect others. (if guilds act similar to 1-2 mobile games i saw)
    5) I don't want any social interaction in a mobile game. Some people want it some others don't. So this update again is not for everyone. And if the new 50 pieces of gear that is unavailable in game atm (the ones that are said will become available form future content), become only available by guilds, then how people outside of guilds will ever be able to gear their heroes? Not everyone shares the same hype about the social aspect of games.