Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Options
    hopefully there are other ways to get this gear without having to join a guild, I dont have time to dedicate to a guild and im sure lots of others dont as well, so it seems very lame to block progression for the people who cant join a guild...
  • Options
    I can see it now... all the Mol Eliza's segregated into Mol Eliza Guilds only.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I plan on joining any guild that has Unity, Caring, Kindness, and Friendship. Ya know, I think Friendship is more important so I'll move that to the front of the line.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Make your own guild and kick it solo. No big deal.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    hopefully there are other ways to get this gear without having to join a guild, I dont have time to dedicate to a guild and im sure lots of others dont as well, so it seems very lame to block progression for the people who cant join a guild...

You're worrying too much. If you have enough time to post of the forums you'll have enough time for guilds. They'll likely require as much effort as everything else, which isn't much.
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone will be forced to be in a guild, you will be forced to pay guild dues and there will be crystal costs associated with guild events.

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    It's their playground so I don't really want to complain; however at the same time I'm not excited for a chat where another 11 year old to tell me that I'm a loser cos he has a better QGJ than I do. Only other online game I've played is madden and quite honestly the league play for me was the part of the game that I despised the most. I really like this game (a lot) and I see this as having detrimental effects on my future playing and enjoyment of it.... but we'll see.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think you will have to join a guild. But your progression will be slower that's all. And i suspect you will want to join a guild after you see all the goodies. I just hope that not all the whales/long time players join in on one guild, while all the others are on separate guilds lol. But without a doubt there will be guilds that are more powerful than others, mostly depending on the time guild leaders invest in them. I think guilds are a wonderful idea and i also can't wait to chat with more experienced players about the game. Just like everything else, will have to see how it is implemented though. For now it just sounds good.
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Asic wrote: »

I thought about that, but it sounded like the guild rewards/tasks weren't going to scale, so those guilds without a lot of people were going to get shafted as well.

I can't say I'm thrilled with this approach. I'm going to be even more annoyed if it comes out you have to have a guild to raid.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    No, you won't be forced, it benefits you to join one.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    It's their playground so I don't really want to complain; however at the same time I'm not excited for a chat where another 11 year old to tell me that I'm a loser cos he has a better QGJ than I do. Only other online game I've played is madden and quite honestly the league play for me was the part of the game that I despised the most. I really like this game (a lot) and I see this as having detrimental effects on my future playing and enjoyment of it.... but we'll see.

Easy solution as with other online games, join an adult only guild.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »

I think the guild leader would take care of the kids. He will have the power to ban/recruit people so no need to worry. Plus, trolls can be trolled so frickin hard. :smile:
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »

How would that be of any benefit. Let's say when prizes are handed out rank 1 get 50 purple hair dryers and 10 gold ability mats. How would a guild of 1 ever hope to achieve that. Those 50 purple hair dryers will give guild players an unfair advantage over non guild players in every aspect of the game. And since gold ability mats are only available though guilds it will put a dead stop in a non guild player advancing a characters abilities past level 7.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend joining a "just for fun" guild like the one I'm starting! (Shameless plug)
  • Options
    Yes, I am sure! That is how every game works. That is why you have a guild leader...so they can add and remove the folks they want.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    So with guilds coming with ways to get gear and character shards that only guilds can get, non guild players are getting shafted. It's fine for guilds to acquire things to help with guild related content but to have it affect players who don't want to be in a guild is wrong.

I imagine a guild will be more passive like everything else. You'll raid with guild member toons but either control them or have them AI controlled. I doubt you'll need multiple members all live. So joining a random public guild will more or less result in the same thing.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    There's three categories so I'm sure owner and officer can remove people or add to invite only guilds, and surely you can leave of your own accord.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    There's three categories so I'm sure owner and officer can remove people or add to invite only guilds, and surely you can leave of your own accord.

That is my thinking also.
  • Options
    I can't wait to find out all the cool things my guild mates have done with my mom in her bedroom.
  • VinceG
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Guilds are terrible for solo players, not everyone wants a huge chat bar on there menu screen with endless bad jokes and know -it-alls chiming in on everything. Too bad they force us to join one and participate in the events for guild only stuff? Really bad. this game has no multiplayer so why the need for guilds the forum works just fine
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I might consider creating a guild for people (like me) who don't like to be in guild. It will just be a tool to complete the guild challenges or farm currency or whatever they'll add that will require a guild. There will be no chat, no requirements, no obligations.
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    I plan on joining any guild that has Unity, Caring, Kindness, and Friendship. Ya know, I think Friendship is more important so I'll move that to the front of the line.

+1
  • Options
    From my experience, the leader of the guild has the ultimate power in a guild so he/she can allow whoever they want into the guild and kick whoever they want out. I've seen some guild leaders kick people out with no notice or warn them to comtribute if they are inactive, depends on the leader. The leader can also promote members to officers which can also kick out or allow members in/out. The leader of course is exempt from being kicked out and he is the only one who can promote. A member can quit on his/her own will but joining a guild sometimes may not be so quick depending on the stature of that guild... meaning you could be a lone player for a bit. When joining a guild it can be made public or private and also pay attention to the description of the guild... if it says only looking for active players don't join if you're not. If you do don't cry when you're kicked out.
    Like I said I'm basing this off my own experience so this isn't the absolute the way of the guild for all games... it's just the atmosphere I'm introducing to those of you who don't know how Guilds operate.
  • VinceG
    36 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    I might consider creating a guild for people (like me) who don't like to be in guild. It will just be a tool to complete the guild challenges or farm currency or whatever they'll add that will require a guild. There will be no chat, no requirements, no obligations.
    I like that
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they shouod have a mercenary option for ppl who just join a ramdom legion and help them until the raid or guild event ends.

I can imagine for some ppl when things get too social its not v enjoyable
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    i would agree that there has to be a built in "kick" mechanism. Every guild will have their own rules, guidelines, requirement ect. Some will be super competitve, some will be around exclusively to get loot and be total chaos. you have to find one that fits your personality and time commitment. I just hope it isnt a lot of extra work to make them run efficiently.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Dantefire - correct, the timing of the events will just tie into the time zone of the Guild Leader, your Guild mates can be from all over the world.

Will the events trigger off the reset times of our guild leader? Meaning, will all events start/end at 1 AM Guild Leaders timezone? Or is that just dailies?

• Options
    Ok! Let's answer some more questions (and FYI I won't always be able to answer every question, but I will where I can).

@Casual_Player - the cap for members is 50 right off the bat.

@Chewieforlife - I don't believe there will be any upkeep, once the initial cost is paid to create a Guild you're good to go.

@LaLiam - no, they cannot set when the payout for things will be, it will simply be based off of their geographical location. Please keep this in mind when forming a Guild.

@Relish_Yoda - yes, you will be able to leave a Guild after you have joined it. There will be a short cooldown on this so that players don't just hop in and out of Guilds all day.

@Jabberwocky - Guild Leaders will be able to remove players from their Guild.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Do we have any clues as to how this will work?

I'm having flashbacks of middle school and being the last one picked for basketball teams.
    :(
  • Options
    Look down