Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• @Barrok - Kind of answered this one already, it's all about the time zone for daily activities. I'll provide more details about events (Raids) at a later date.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Toukai wrote: »
    I plan on joining any guild that has Unity, Caring, Kindness, and Friendship. Ya know, I think Friendship is more important so I'll move that to the front of the line.

Let see. That would be

Friendship
    Unity
    Caring

Hey wait a minute!!!!
  • Or up :)

Here you might find information here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/25272/guild-preview-discussion-megathread#latest

... And never forget, "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball".
  • one more relate question if you dont mind answering. will the initial fee be paid by the guild leader, or taken collectively from the members? i would like to know so i can prepare the slugs if necessary.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Barrok - Kind of answered this one already, it's all about the time zone for daily activities. I'll provide more details about events (Raids) at a later date.

Thanks. I guess I will just wait till the Raid detail.. since the daily activity time zone refresh isn't much of a deal. But the raid event time can be a real problem when having a guild leader in a different time zone, assuming you don't offer a way to pick the start/end time for an event.
  • But you can't dodge dooku
  • :D
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Another question- if 50 is the cap right off the bat, will we be able to raise the numbers allowed in each guild based off contributions in the form of credits/gems ect later on?
    {RotE}
  • @Widget_gaget - fee will be 100% paid by the Guild Leader. It won't be a crazy high amount, but enough to make it so people don't just go and spam create guilds all the time.

@Barrok - well, to give you a little bit of info, the Raid is turned on by the Guild Leader at whatever time they want. So it does have a way to have a start time. Stay tuned for additional info later!
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • @EA_Jesse How in depth will the guild chat feature be? Will we be able to use it to organize events and communicate effectively amongst our guild?
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Replay posted for those who missed the Live Stream.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse - Will the cost be crystals or credits (or both)?
    I'm concerned about the time zone issue and the need to apparently have people do things at a specific time. I had hoped this would be something everyone could do on their own schedule. It may be difficult to make this work for a lot of guilds that are currently formed on a basis other than time zones.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Toukai wrote: »
    I plan on joining any guild that has Unity, Caring, Kindness, and Friendship. Ya know, I think Friendship is more important so I'll move that to the front of the line.

Let see. That would be

Friendship
    Unity
    Caring

Hey wait a minute!!!!

Lol
  • Top_Quark wrote: »
    Hey Oklahoma, what do you exactly expect to happen, there to be guilds in the game but provide no resources to the players? Any online game that's able to build this function in does so. Nature of the beast.

Any boost a guild gets should not affect a non guild player. I'm fine with being able to grab any guild members characters for ls/ds missions or challenges. I'm ok with whatever boost a guild wins to help that guild against another guild. What's not cool is a guild members getting an advantage in arena of someone who doesn't want to deal with a guild.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I'm concerned about the time zone issue and the need to apparently have people do things at a specific time. I had hoped this would be something everyone could do on their own schedule. It may be difficult to make this work for a lot of guilds that are currently formed on a basis other than time zones.

He stated earlier he expects it to be credits only, no crystals. I hope that's true!
    We'll be revealing the cost once we get a bit closer to the update launching. I believe the cost will be Credits though, not Crystals.
  • Buckwok
    45 posts Member
    My question Is will there be any chat / communication in the guilds!
  • Thanks for the response @EA_Jesse ! I may have been misunderstood as I was asking if it would be necessary to join a guild to progress in the game (i.e. will guild activities become a mandatory exercise to advance gear levels, etc)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    From my experience, the leader of the guild has the ultimate power
    ...in the universe...I suggest we use it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

He stated earlier he expects it to be credits only, no crystals. I hope that's true!
    We'll be revealing the cost once we get a bit closer to the update launching. I believe the cost will be Credits though, not Crystals.

but credit shortage... hope guilds/raids will offer big credit rewards.
  • @Jaesyn_Beaz - I'll go into Chat and some other features more this Friday.

@Qeltar - Credits

@Chewieforlife - There will be some things that you can only acquire through Guilds. It'll be pretty easy to join a Guild though, so don't let it scare you away from them!

• Homish
    65 posts Member
    Lurker transitioning to poster here as this new feature looks like I may need to start interacting with other human beings.

Hi all y'all.
  • Much grass jesse
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • @Barrok @Qeltar very valid points yes :) And I hope that the system is something like that, seems like a good system.
    Creator of Dutch Bier Alliance [DBA] - Come and join if you're Dutch. More casual/low level? Come join Dutch Bier Alliance Academy [DBAA]
  • Homish wrote: »
    Lurker transitioning to poster here as this new feature looks like I may need to start interacting with other human beings.

Hi all y'all.

funny, i didnt know the Homish were allowed to use the internet.
  • Homish wrote: »

Hi all y'all.

Welcome to the forum!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Homish wrote: »

Hi all y'all.

funny, i didnt know the Homish were allowed to use the internet.

I lol'd. Nicely played.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • IG69
    31 posts Member
    How about you all stop complaining until they actually release the update. If you don't want to join a guild, then don't. I am looking forward to the guilds but I know that there is the possibility that it will suck. However I will wait to judge until I try it out.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    Hey Oklahoma, what do you exactly expect to happen, there to be guilds in the game but provide no resources to the players? Any online game that's able to build this function in does so. Nature of the beast.

Any boost a guild gets should not affect a non guild player. I'm fine with being able to grab any guild members characters for ls/ds missions or challenges. I'm ok with whatever boost a guild wins to help that guild against another guild. What's not cool is a guild members getting an advantage in arena of someone who doesn't want to deal with a guild.

Guilds give benefits, just like they do in literally every game ever made that incorporate guilds.

Why is this a topic?
  • @EA_Jesse - Will a leader be able to resign and designate another leader to replace him if need be? For ex: The Leader has little free time to play the game and lead a guild and wants to appoint someone else. Will that be possible?
    Bad game management here
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »

Took me a second...........
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....