Kyle Katarn Not Gaining Bonus Turn Meter in TB

Reptile
114 posts Member
edited February 2022
Kyle isn't gaining the bonus turn meter at the start of the encounter in LSTB in a rebel fighter team. I have Cara at 363 and Kyle at 320. Kyle should gain turn meter at the start to equal 457 speed, but Cara always goes before him. I do see a ticket was opened a month ago with EA, but the support person responded it's only Jedi's that give the turn meter. After he was corrected he stopped responding. Any updates on this?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• He gains TM not speed. Cause of Cara's speed she probably still hits 100% TM before him. What's Kyle's TM at when Cara goes? If it's almost full than its cause she's just a bit faster getting to her turn. Only thing I can think of
  • I know he gains TM and not speed. I was just saying what his effective speed would be at the start, if say you wanted to out run him. Cara should not be close to out running him and she never does in anything outside of TB. His turn meter is not full.
  • https://swgoh.gg/characters/kyle-katarn/ability/blue-milk-run

So, found it.

Level 8, the omicron, is coded to skip a step in TBs that checks for rebel fighters and apply a second effect that applies to both rebel fighters and jedi.

Level 7 has the exact same code.
    But doesn't have the second effect.

This effect will SKIP EXECUTION if the previous effect successfully executed
    The previous effect is checking if you're in a TB.

So if you have the omicron, it should work.
    If you DON'T have the omicron, it DOESN'T work in TBs.

At least, I'm 90% sure that's what I'm reading here.

This is definitely a bug.
  • Looks like you might have figured it out. Now can they fix it?
  • Reptile wrote: »
    Kyle isn't gaining the bonus turn meter at the start of the encounter in LSTB in a rebel fighter team. I have Cara at 363 and Kyle at 320. Kyle should gain turn meter at the start to equal 457 speed, but Cara always goes before him. I do see a ticket was opened a month ago with EA, but the support person responded it's only Jedi's that give the turn meter. After he was corrected he stopped responding. Any updates on this?

Can you show your math? I don't know how "TM" equates to speed. I also experienced this, and I chalked it up to maybe I just math'd bad.

320 * 1.3 ( RF allies only give 10%, and MM isn't a RF) = 416. If his speed is 320, that is 32 speed per RF. 3 RF allies = 96.
  • Just tested in squad Arena (350 CD, 307 KK just like in TB). KK goes first and CD had about 75% TM. Seems right. But KK never went first in TB.
  • Reptile wrote: »

Can you show your math? I don't know how "TM" equates to speed. I also experienced this, and I chalked it up to maybe I just math'd bad.

320 * 1.3 ( RF allies only give 10%, and MM isn't a RF) = 416. If his speed is 320, that is 32 speed per RF. 3 RF allies = 96.

He needs to gain 70% TM to take a turn after the 30% from his allies/unique. The correct maths is 320/0.7 = 457 effective starting speed.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Reptile wrote: »

He needs to gain 70% TM to take a turn after the 30% from his allies/unique. The correct maths is 320/0.7 = 457 effective starting speed.

Thank you so much for this!
  • Just tested in squad Arena (350 CD, 307 KK just like in TB). KK goes first and CD had about 75% TM. Seems right. But KK never went first in TB.

So, because I was tired last night and my formatting was terrible.

This is definitely a TB-specific bug caused by copy-pasted code between ability level 7 (pre-omicron) and level 8 (omicron), provided you don't have the omicron.

What .gg is showing for the mechanics is that level 7 has the exact same code that level 8 has that checks if you're in a TB and then if you are, it skips the normal "gain turn meter per rebel fighter ally" part of the code, in order to apply a secondary "In-TB" version that includes rebel fighters AND jedi.
    The issue is that level 7 of the ability doesn't have this second in-TB version, so it literally just does literally nothing at that step of the ability specifically and only in TB, as it's trying to activate the omicron part, which doesn't exist, because it's the ability level before it. This means that the unique should work perfectly fine anywhere that's not TB, and should work universally with the omicron applied (even with rebel fighters) but if you don't have the omicron, the turn meter gain per rebel fighter ally part of the ability is just totally skipped and doesn't apply.

I totally see what happened, it's a pretty simple bug, but is 100% definitely a bug, provided what I'm reading on .gg is accurate to how it works.

Someone should definitely do a formal bug report of this, but I'm honestly way too lazy to figure out how their bug submission form works >.>

The fix is pretty simple, either remove the "are you in TB?" check from level 7, or add an extra duplicate of the normal gain TM per rebel fighters part of the ability for level 7 where level 8 has the omicron effect - Whichever is less likely to break stuff.

I actually do wonder if more omicrons have this same issue though, or if it's just an isolated bug in Kyle's kit.

You can check the ability effect at the bottom part of level 7 and 8 yourself on that .gg link, I'm like 90% sure I read that correctly.
  • That's great work @Artumas

A bug report was created over a month ago, but the support person marked it as "solved" after saying only Jedi's give the bonus and not rebel fighters. There have been no updates from them since that time.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Kyle-Katarn-not-getting-TM-from-Rebel-Fighter-Allies-in-TB/td-p/11081932
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    9fuwdxzf24y3.jpeg
  • Good news, bad news: Good news, they've acknowledged it is a bug. Bad news: No way it could be fixed before next LSTB since we've had 2 updates since this was reported. But, at least they recognize the problem now.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Kyle-Katarn-not-getting-TM-from-Rebel-Fighter-Allies-in-TB/td-p/11081932
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>