oQGJ change

Prev13456712
flux_rono
2111 posts Member
edited January 2022
can someone explain the oQGJ change i don't understand what it means exactly. like what about him dying changes a leader effect? which is what I think it's saying
UNIT - Fixed an issue in which Qui-Gon Jinn would incorrectly grant allies Offense while his Speed to Offense bonus was still active rather than after Speed to Offense expires upon being defeated.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• I get that QGJ was giving too much offense on his death update, since it was apparently bug. But changing that his leaderships does not give any additional offense for speed when there is any GL in the battle is pure unneeded nerf. How about you give us refund when you decided to changed the ability that much after ppl got it.
  • Yes, refund! I only put it on to make a technically difficult QGJ(L) JML defense team. And it does work. Got many holds there. But if thats not working anymore now... I want to mats back.
  • Also only applied to help me counter the accounts with 1+ GL's at 3-4 mill GP.... Revert this change or Refund please!
  • It is saying none of the omicron works anymore.

Previously the extra offense boosts worked with a GL.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    The quoted language means he was supposed to be granting 400% of his standard offense (base plus mods) and not 400% of his boosted offense (i.e. base plus mods offense + the 30 times speed bump to his offense).
  • Definitely want a refund for these abilities. How ridiculous. So tired of CG.
  • This is an enormous change and requires a refund. This went from god-tier to garbage-tier.
  • Agreed. This isn't fixing a bug like the extra offense thing. This is a major change to his kit as the entire point of the Omicrons is to make characters/teams near GL-level in certain game modes. This is a significant nerf to his Omicron and should be refunded.
  • refund of omicron and zeta needed as I doubt that any of us had a zeta on him before the omicron
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    refund of omicron and zeta needed as I doubt that any of us had a zeta on him before the omicron

Depends how long you’ve been playing. If you were around when zetas first came into the game, then he was likely one of your first two or three zetas.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I agree with the others here that this is a massive change to how his Omicron works. The original post mentioned unintentional high damage which could have been fixed separate from making his entire Omicron useless against GL's. This change is on a similar level to the changes made to OG Finn's zeta and should be reset.
  • CaesarAM wrote: »
    refund of omicron and zeta needed as I doubt that any of us had a zeta on him before the omicron

Depends how long you’ve been playing. If you were around when zetas first came into the game, then he was likely one of your first two or three zetas.

March of 2016 ;)
    But never put zeta on him
  • Oh ffs... is anything tested? Open Alpha is getting old.
  • oh well, if my opponent wants to waste their GL against my QGJ team then so be it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Oh ffs... is anything tested? Open Alpha is getting old.

No.

• dgree
    520 posts Member
    This isn't even the most important nerf. The most important nerf is that the squad doesn't get QGJ's offense when he dies. When he dies, they get the offense he had before his lead kicked in.

Without that, the squad will do a lot less damage -- closer to the amount of damage before QGJ dies, which may not be enough to justify investing a good squad comp (or omicron materials, which should probably be refunded).
  • Hasn't the text always had the caveat for GLs being present?
  • Screerider wrote: »
    Hasn't the text always had the caveat for GLs being present?

I thought so too
  • dgree wrote: »
    This isn't even the most important nerf. The most important nerf is that the squad doesn't get QGJ's offense when he dies. When he dies, they get the offense he had before his lead kicked in.

Without that, the squad will do a lot less damage -- closer to the amount of damage before QGJ dies, which may not be enough to justify investing a good squad comp (or omicron materials, which should probably be refunded).

I think you havent seen when ppl used QGJ lead with JML, where JML opening AOE could delete most of opponent team, because of the offense boost from speed.

And offense from his death even after nerf can give enough for JKA to do a lot of DMG on opponent GL if you use that team on offense.

But main thing it is matter of principle, if they nerf it or change it that much. It should mean refund.
  • I want my omicron refunded and the relic mats as well from boosting QGJ past r3. This nerf is brutal !
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    LordDirt wrote: »
    oh well, if my opponent wants to waste their GL against my QGJ team then so be it.

Doesn't really matter much on defense because GLs could already beat it easily on defense unless someone didn't know what they were doing and killed QGJ first. The change is on offense as this completely eliminates the team as a possible GL counter.
    dgree wrote: »

Except that was the fix that everyone was expecting. They already said shortly after his omi came out that the offensive boost applied after his death was hirer than it was supposed to be. That was a bug fix. Nobody expected them to also eliminate the entire omi in GL battles....now THAT is an actual "nerf" and not a bug fix.
  • Screerider wrote: »

I thought so too

Only part where if GL is present you can't kill others before QGJ dies, but you still got the offense boost from your speed.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »

Well, only part of it. The offense stuff happened regardless. Now it sounds like none of it happens if a GL is present. Honestly, if that's the case, it's a big enough change that it should be refunded.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »

Yes and no. The original ability had it so that if an opposing GL was present that it voided the whole "can't kill Jedi other than QGJ" clause. Meaning that if you used a GL you could automatically go after JKA and dismantle the team.

Now, the ability now voids the entirety of the Omicron if any GL is present so you get no boost to your characters outside of QGJ's original leadership.
  • Ah, just looked. They moved the "+30x Speed to Offense" part under the GL caveat area as well.
  • This definitely needs to be refunded, more than fair I’d say. Making it completely useless against GL’s is ridiculous.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    It should be refunded because it has been changed after 3 weeks of play. It costs the most exlusive currency. Nuff said. I can survive no refudning zeta that has to be applied as well

Its not only GL part, also "other Jedi allies" which means the bonus offense no longer applies to QGJ himself. Yes it weakens everyone after he dies
  • This needs a refund ASAP. Omicrons are too difficult to obtain. Myself and many others would not have used 20 omicron mats on this toon if it had originally been set like this.
  • Also, this sets a horrible precedent for omicrons. I was about to buy that pack of 3 (plus other stuff) but won’t now. In like a month they’ve already started nerfing omicrons. Fixing is one thing, but nerfing is quite ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.