oQGJ change

Replies

• I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

We return resources for a character if we fundamentally change their identity. This change did not hit that bar.
    Making the Omicron not work at all vs GLs does fundamentally change their identity. What's more likely is that 57k people applied the omicron. That is more omicrons that all other GAC omicrons combined. Great opportunity to screw over the majority of the player base. You guys couldn't pass on that.

• Let us just stick to the facts.

Road Ahead: October 2021:
    "Omicrons add utility to characters in specific modes of the game, which we detail when we discuss mode-specific abilities. They will actually bring older characters into greater relevance by increasing their abilities to be on par with more powerful units; the power of these new Mode Specific abilities can vary from legendary levels of power, and in rare cases, all the way up to rivaling Galactic Legends in their specific mode."

December 16th CG posted:
    "We are aware of an issue with Qui-Gon Jinn in Grand Arena where his Omicron upgrade is providing more Offense than intended. Currently when Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, he is providing Jedi allies with excessive Offense on top of the 400% Offense boost based on his stats he is supposed to provide."

The changes they announce on the 12th:
    "UNIT - Fixed an issue in which Qui-Gon Jinn would incorrectly grant allies Offense while his Speed to Offense bonus was still active rather than after Speed to Offense expires upon being defeated.
    UNIT - Updated Qui-Gon Jinn’s Omicron ability to function only when all allies are Jedi and no Galactic Legends are present on either side of battle."

August 16th CG update:
    "Darth Vader, General Skywalker, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, and Wat Tambor will receive several changes to their kits in an upcoming Update. Prior to that Update, we will return the resources used to upgrade these units beyond Relic 7 to your inbox and reset these units to Relic 7."

Road Ahead July 2021:
    "Defense Changes
    The details of what’s getting changed and added are available below, but this won’t be going into effect for about another month in order to give you time to make an informed decision on whether to re-relic those characters up to Relic 8 or use those resources somewhere else."

So in summary (now some perspective in relation to the facts)
    1. Omicrons are supposed to make no-GLs "on par with more powerful units"
    2. CG made us aware of an issue with the QGJ omicron
    3. CG not only fixed the issue but made an update with no prior communication that changes the characters kit with no prior notice
    4. CG has refunded materials to player when there are kit change (this is only the most recent example but this has occurred with multiple kit changes (Finn, Nightsisters, etc.)
    5. The last time this occurred we were told in advance of the changes

So this change occurred on the 12th and today is the 18th, with no response from CG. Why not do the right thing and refund it today? Or at the very minimum be consistent with what you have done in the past? Is that too much to ask?

Bump for truth and elegance, also INB4 Boba Fett overperforms in TW and is smashing GLs there, and CG nerfs him into the ground and complete irrelevance just to spit in the face of those brave whales who payed $299.97 for three Omicrons. Seriously CG how do you expect consumer confidence and future spending when you revoke the power you promised as part of a one hundred kitten'n dollar sales pitch without notice?
  • Remember when CG left bugs and unintended synergies in kits and turned bugs into features?
    Imagine if they found the Jawa thermal bug in this day and age, they'd remove or change jawas so they don't have thermal synergy. It's a very sorry state of affairs currently
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

We return resources for a character if we fundamentally change their identity. This change did not hit that bar.

You are right... it didnt hit the bar. It sailed clean over it with room to spare.

When is the refund @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI ?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »

You are right... it didnt hit the bar. It sailed clean over it with room to spare.

When is the refund CG_Doja_Fett_MINI ?

He answered in that post, there is no refund for QGJ's omicron
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

No he said it didnt hit the bar... which is right. This didnt come close to touching it. It far exceeded it.

So when is the refund coming?
  • Ultra wrote: »

The justification for not issuing a refund also contained some serious bee ess. Seriously, they should have just said, "Too bad. We don't want to. Deal with it." Rather than coming up with spurious reasoning that most can see has not been the case in the past.

If they were honest. Folks would be mad that they weren't getting the refund. The path they took has folks mad they aren't getting the refund AND mad that we're being misled.
  • Just used him for the first time post nerf and couldn’t even beat a gear 12 bounty hunter team. Once qui gon died my damage literally did not change on any toon. Literally should change his name from qui gon to just gon because that’s what happened. I along with the rest of the community are requesting a refund. His omnicron is terrible.
  • I need a refund too. The omicron has changed drastically.
  • Qui Gon teams are back to wet noodle damage and I would like my omicron mats back. With how hard it is to get omicron mats this is distressing to have them wasted a month after release due to “technical problems” and a severe nerf that kills the team. Why should I go for omicrons if I cannot be assured that their effects will remain what they are supposed to be? This is bad business practice.
  • This just goes to show how badly EA mistreats their customers. A refund will not break the game and 90% of the swgoh community I’m sure wants a refund. Stop being so cheap and get us the refund…please.
  • Just took my relic QGJ squad against a G12 rebel fighters in GAC. Barely tickled them until QGJ died. Even then, the damage was insanely lower than before…..

Definitely not changed at all
  • He is terrible now. They better change their stand on QGJ refund. He is nothing even close to what he was before. Just plain sucks.
  • LinkyTriforce
    71 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Seriously, fork over the refund or change it back to what it was! it is useless now!

You could give relic levels back on Dark Trooper when you changed the Trooper counter vs. SEE, you can do it here too
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Starslayer
    2408 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    . Once qui gon died my damage literally did not change on any toon..

Good news if you’re not exaggerating : this is not wai and will be changed.
  • After the nerf JKA no longer on shots DR team, with the exception of G11 Talon, Before the nerf I used QGJ vs DR every single round, JKA AOE always one shot entire team. So this definitely is much worse than before, now might as well stick him on defense and hope it can snipe a banner or 2.
    6dsxpxp68apb.png
  • After the nerf JKA no longer on shots DR team, with the exception of G11 Talon, Before the nerf I used QGJ vs DR every single round, JKA AOE always one shot entire team. So this definitely is much worse than before, now might as well stick him on defense and hope it can snipe a banner or 2.
    6dsxpxp68apb.png

He is absolutely trash now. One way to see everyone knows this even though CG is refusing to do anything about it is notice the number of new omicrons not being placed on QGJ. Everyone in my guild that has not placed it on him yet is definitely treating him like Rose at this point.
  • 20 omicrons are sitting on the bench now.
    the dmg numbers decreased significantly against non gl teams.
    I can't reliably beat good teams on offense and he is far away from a threat on defense anymore.
    he got off an aoe against bb and removed the protection from 3 of them. how scary
  • They added the 'If a GL is present this no longer functions'
    Funny thing, now with the huge nerf you don't want to waste a GL taking this out.

But the identity hasn't changed. ;)
  • Recurve wrote: »
    They added the 'If a GL is present this no longer functions'
    Funny thing, now with the huge nerf you don't want to waste a GL taking this out.

that's a matter of opinion and interpretation.
    one could argue that the identity of daka, darktropper and other refunds didn't change
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    mikk207 wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »
    They added the 'If a GL is present this no longer functions'

that's a matter of opinion and interpretation.
    one could argue that the identity of daka, darktropper and other refunds didn't change

I mean, that's actually the point. Those identities did not change, and yet they still refunded the materials. At the same time, they say the identity has to change, and QGJ's GA identity very clearly did change.
  • I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

Well I put the omicron on QGJ because it said my team would still get Offense equal to 30 times Speed even if a GL was present. It was explicit.

The identity was its usefulness vs GLs. That is not longer its identity. Therefore its identify FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGED. It absolute hit the bar.
  • I question the business logic of this decision. This is definitely grounds for people to request refunds for recent app purchases. Returning the Omi mats costs CG nothing, and has goodwill value.
  • How about you “reward” all the players that put the omnicron on QGJ with 20 omnicron mats for testing the product. Since we were clearly your Beta testers and did all the work. Not sure why we are being penalized for the laziness of the developers.
  • How about you “reward” all the players that put the omnicron on QGJ with 20 omnicron mats for testing the product. Since we were clearly your Beta testers and did all the work. Not sure why we are being penalized for the laziness of the developers.

This right here.

Between the situation, the 'fix', and the reply about not refunding due to not changing the identity of the character, it's clear they don't play test their game.

I'm getting a little tired of reading abilities, saying to myself "hot ****, that's awesome", and getting resource punished because yes indeed, that was every bit as awesome as it sounded.
This discussion has been closed.