Characters' experience and leveling

Newb here. For my characters, when I complete a mission I don't see them gaining any experience. The only way I can level them up is by using the droids, which is annoyingly time consuming. Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Or is this the only way to level up characters?

Replies

• Options
    Yes, that’s the only way.

You yourself gain experience for battles, until you hit level 85.
  • Options
    As you get more characters this is actually a good thing. You can use your high level characters to farm gear and complete missions and use the droids on whoever you are working up right now.
  • Options
    geekbrewer wrote: »
    Newb here. For my characters, when I complete a mission I don't see them gaining any experience. The only way I can level them up is by using the droids, which is annoyingly time consuming. Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Or is this the only way to level up characters?

No, you're doing it right. Your characters will increase in levels by spending training droids. Completing missions gains experience for your account until you reach level 85, as previously mentioned. Completing certain missions will also grant you the training droids needed to increase your character levels. Overtime, you'll learn which characters to level up and which can wait.