82 Banners on one GAC fight? Bug? Please help me unriddle this

Herodis4
21 posts Member
edited January 2022
So I just checked my GAC, did my first fight of the match and got 78 banners, lost one protection banner on a solo. Then it kind of hit me: my opponent got 82 banners while clearing only a single squad of mine and I can't think of how this works:
I have filled every zone on the board. He probably solod my OldRep with 100% hp/protection for 69 banners + 10 banners for the first attack of the match, resulting in a 79. He tried my GG and killed no one so no extra banners for that match. These are the only squads he attacked if you look at the screenshots.
The only thing I could possibly think of is a potential bug and him getting "killing banners" for taking out stacks of B1?

IMG_6244.png

IMG_6242.png

IMG_6243.png

Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Do your fleets have full reinforcements?
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Do your fleets have full reinforcements?

They do not, 3/4 each, but I don't think you have ever gotten extra banners for your opponent not maxing their fleet reinforcements.
  • Herodis4 wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

They do not, 3/4 each, but I don't think you have ever gotten extra banners for your opponent not maxing their fleet reinforcements.

You do now, as it counts as an enemy killed...but they shouldn't get those points until they get to that zone and actually attack a fleet.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

You do now, as it counts as an enemy killed...but they shouldn't get those points until they get to that zone and actually attack a fleet.

Wasn't that supposed to just stop people from not filling any zone and just deploying a GL your opponent can't clear by counting empty squad zones? This can't possibly work as intended and just count a not fully maxed fleet in favor of your opponent. Especially since all those Executors never take more than 2 reinforcements usually.
    Nevertheless: Even if my opponent gets awarded one banner for killing two of my ships that weren't there, it should only give him +2 banners, so there's another banner that magically appeared.
  • Working as intended. They recently changed it where opponents receive banners for unplaced toons/ships even if you don’t clear or reach the area.
    Wasn't that supposed to just stop people from not filling any zone and just deploying a GL your opponent can't clear by counting empty squad zones? This can't possibly work as intended and just count a not fully maxed fleet in favor of your opponent. Especially since all those Executors never take more than 2 reinforcements usually.
    Nevertheless: Even if my opponent gets awarded one banner for killing two of my ships that weren't there, it should only give him +2 banners, so there's another banner that magically appeared.

They fixed it so if you don't set any squad / fleet, then the opponent gets max banners for that placement. But for fleet and not filling reinforcements, they won't get those banners until they actually attack. Many people don't set full 4/4 reinforcements for certain reasons, so you will always get banners for those empty slots (1) when you do the battle as it will consider it a kill. And if you only have a 6* capital ship so can only place 3 RI anyway, they will still get 1 banner for that 4th slot if they attack b/c it will consider it not filled and therefore a kill.

Now, I still don't know how they would have gotten 82 banners, as it won't have anything to do with fleet as they haven't reached that zone. And they shouldn't get banners for killing B1 stacks, so does appear to be a bug from what I can see.
  • Herodis4
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    brownguy35 wrote: »
    Working as intended. They recently changed it where opponents receive banners for unplaced toons/ships even if you don’t clear or reach the area.

Dude, literally one line above. I'm missing 2 reinforcements on fleets total, which would equal in +2 banners for my opponent which would still only give him 81 at max.

Edit: Here's a screen of my fleet zone, like I said: 2 reinforcements missing.

IMG_6245.png

• And that's not it anyway, my fleet only has 1 of 3 RI placed and we are both sitting at 0 banners as we haven't attacked. Those banners for not setting full RI on fleets you only receive once you attack.
  • Just for full information on this, could you show us your other defence?

I'm guessing one possibility is that there is some character that has not been counted as a set defender, like a non combatant, or something?

Or a new character that has some flag missing in their code that makes GAC not see it as set?

I think their first overall attempt has given them the 2 banners from your missing fleet reinforcements, so we're looking for one more point.
  • Herodis4
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Just for full information on this, could you show us your other defence?

I'm guessing one possibility is that there is some character that has not been counted as a set defender, like a non combatant, or something?

Or a new character that has some flag missing in their code that makes GAC not see it as set?

I think their first overall attempt has given them the 2 banners from your missing fleet reinforcements, so we're looking for one more point.

There you go:

I don't have any new units so that's not it. Once I have time on my hand to make my further attacks I'll see if he has placed full reinforcements on his fleet.

If for some reason your theory of a non-combatant not counting would be true, so C3 would not be considered, he would probably also not be counted on offense, hence giving you an additional banner since you'd be undersizing.

IMG_6246.png

• Empty spot + solo your or with his kylo is what gives him this score ;)
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Empty spot + solo your or with his kylo is what gives him this score ;)

That would still only sum up to 79 points:
    10 first fight
    5*1 for defeated enemies
    1 for full health
    1 for full protection
    1 for surviving
    4*4 = 16 for empty slots
    30 for first attempt
    15 for victory

And the two empty fleet slots should only give one point each imho, since you get one point per defeated unit if you attack it. I can't explain anything exceeding the 81 points
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »

Not trying to be condescending but if you'd make an effort to at least browse through the discussion or fact check your own ansewr first before replying, that'd be great. It has been ruled out multiple times that your answer is definitely not the explanation, since 79 +2 does not equal 82.
    Spharynx01 wrote: »

Not trying to be condescending but if you'd make an effort to at least browse through the discussion or fact check your own ansewr first before replying, that'd be great. It has been ruled out multiple times that your answer is definitely not the explanation, since 79 +2 does not equal 82.

If he attacked with zero units, it would make perfect sense:
    1 point more because all slots empty
  • Herodis4
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Well he did have all his reinforcements in place so 4/4 on both

IMG_6253.png

• Side note... because there is clearly a bug....

did we learn to not use Old republic on defense?
  • Cykodrumzz wrote: »
    Side note... because there is clearly a bug....

Why not? There are counter teams to it, but it is better than any squishy team to fill up your defense. At a certain point of roster development you are out of good options. You need enough to break the enemy and still have some decent defenses that at least cost banners or valuable teams to defeat them.
  • Herodis4
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Cykodrumzz wrote: »
    Side note... because there is clearly a bug....

Well I got promoted from Chromium 1 to Aurodium 2 and therefore need 2 more teams on defense and 2 more on offense while being matched with people around 1.2 mil more GP than me so what is a man to do except for bite the bullet. I'm sure as hell not confident on them pulling any weight on offense and need any ressources modwise for other teams.

If you look closely at my back line, there's the Han lead SLKR/Kenobi requirement team. This is the level of desperation I'm at. I'm lucky Phoenix wasn't called to arms
  • I am also in Aurodium after getting promoted, my defense is utter garbage and I don't expect it to get any holds (except fleet). Some teams will just steal banners, but I need at least 9 teams I am confident can actually win me some offensive battles. Will be ugly for the next 2 seasons at least.
  • Same thing just happened to me....the difference is, I'm on the other side of the coin.

I first attacked the Nute team. Got a defeat (unfortunately I did not pay attention to the score).

Then I cleared the BH team with my BB. Now I have 87 points...

mipgeuhdsx4g.jpg

eg9jjrcvecoi.jpg
  • Herodis4
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Antario wrote: »
    Same thing just happened to me....the difference is, I'm on the other side of the coin.

I first attacked the Nute team. Got a defeat (unfortunately I did not pay attention to the score).

mipgeuhdsx4g.jpg

eg9jjrcvecoi.jpg

How many banners did you get on the BB fight? I assume 66 for an undersize without Omega?
    So 21 additional banners, 10 of those for the first attack, you should have received +2 for killing B1 and B2 and maybe a few for your opponent not filling his fleet.
    I'm pretty sure killing stacks of B1 counts for killing banners or something like that
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Have you posted in Bug Forums?
    Antario wrote: »
    Same thing just happened to me....the difference is, I'm on the other side of the coin.

mipgeuhdsx4g.jpg

eg9jjrcvecoi.jpg

How many banners did you get on the BB fight? I assume 66 for an undersize without Omega?
    So 21 additional banners, 10 of those for the first attack, you should have received +2 for killing B1 and B2 and maybe a few for your opponent not filling his fleet.
    I'm pretty sure killing stacks of B1 counts for killing banners or something like that

I went full 5x BB team and got full 65 banners. But I think you are right. By killing the B1 and B2, I must have got banners. But still it does not really add up.

Let me get to the ships and then I can update here.
  • zatho wrote: »
    Have you posted in Bug Forums?

I just did.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>