How does stealing mastery actually work?

Okay let's use an example. LV steals 75% of his teammates mastery after ultimate. RG has mastery stats of armor, HS, and protection, while LV has mastery stats of accuracy, damage and DP. When he steals these stats, are they directly taken from RG's stats, meaning LV's armor, HS and protection increase? Or does LV convert it into his own mastery stats, meaning his accuracy, damage and DP increase?

Additionally, are these mastery increases a percentage-based effect of either RG or LV's base stats?

Replies

• East_Rengaw
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Mastery is a single stat that affects characters differently. So if RG loses mastery and LV gains mastery, it is just the number of what I will call "mastery points" that is transferred. The specific stats that are affected by mastery, therefore, do not transfer.

Let's say that RG and LV are the only ones in the party. RG has 100 mastery and LV has 200. After using his ultimate, RG will lose 75 "mastery points" and therefore lose armor, health steal, and protection. LV will gain 75 "mastery points" and therefore gain more accuracy, damage, and defense penetration. Each unit gains/loses stats based on how mastery affects them uniquely.

For your last question, the ultimate calculates 75% based on the units losing mastery.
  • Mastery is a single stat that affects characters differently. So if RG loses mastery and LV gains mastery, it is just the number of what I will call "mastery points" that is transferred. The specific stats that are affected by mastery, therefore, do not transfer.

Let's say that RG and LV are the only ones in the party. RG has 100 mastery and LV has 200. After using his ultimate, RG will lose 75 "mastery points" and therefore lose armor, health steal, and protection. LV will gain 75 "mastery points" and therefore gain more accuracy, damage, and defense penetration. Each unit gains/loses stats based on how mastery affects them uniquely.

For your last question, the ultimate calculates 75% based on the units losing mastery.

Thanks for this. And just to confirm, you mean mastery is a flat amount right? E.g if LV increases his mastery by 75, his offense will increase by the same amount regardless whether his base offense is 10,000 or 15,000 - correct?

• Thanks for this. And just to confirm, you mean mastery is a flat amount right? E.g if LV increases his mastery by 75, his offense will increase by the same amount regardless whether his base offense is 10,000 or 15,000 - correct?

Correct! Each "mastery point" equates to a set change in the stats affected by a unit's mastery. Either an integer value like protection or a percentage point value like health steal.
  • Mastery is a single stat that affects characters differently. So if RG loses mastery and LV gains mastery, it is just the number of what I will call "mastery points" that is transferred. The specific stats that are affected by mastery, therefore, do not transfer.

Thanks for this. And just to confirm, you mean mastery is a flat amount right? E.g if LV increases his mastery by 75, his offense will increase by the same amount regardless whether his base offense is 10,000 or 15,000 - correct?

I don’t fully know, but I believe LV and SLKR both gain a flat Mastery equal to the amount that was lost by whoever. (LV makes allies lose 50%/75% of their Mastery, while SLKR makes enemies lose a certain percent of his Mastery.)

It should increase Offense (and other Mastery-affected stats) by that flat amount. Pretty sure it’s unaffected by mods when the change is in battle.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited January 2022
    Okay let's use an example. LV steals 75% of his teammates mastery after ultimate. RG has mastery stats of armor, HS, and protection, while LV has mastery stats of accuracy, damage and DP. When he steals these stats, are they directly taken from RG's stats, meaning LV's armor, HS and protection increase? Or does LV convert it into his own mastery stats, meaning his accuracy, damage and DP increase?

Additionally, are these mastery increases a percentage-based effect of either RG or LV's base stats?

61hcryxdv28d.png

In this example, we can see a Relic Tier 3 JKA has 15 Mastery and it increases his accuracy, damage, defense penetration

For this example, lets assume LV steals 67% (two-thirds) of mastery instead of 75%

The 67% mastery increase is based on this value, so a r3 RG's mastery would be 15, and 67% mastery increase would mean LV would gain 10 mastery

Each point of mastery increases accuracy, damage, defense penetration by a fixed amount

Since LV's mastery is Accuracy, Damage, DP, it will only increase these three values when he gains 10 mastery from RG

For example, for each mastery stat (1 point of mastery) LV gains +50 damage

So when he does his ult and steals 67% of RG's mastery, he gains +500 damage (10 mastery)

Likewise SLKR doubles his mastery if he does his AOE at 100 siphon stacks, so if he had 100 mastery at the start of battle (+5000 damage) and then does his AOE at 100 stacks, he now has 200 mastery and (+10k) damage, then he does his AOE again, he has 400 mastery and +20k damage and so on

This is why SLKR ramps up his damage insanely high real fast and starts to dish out millions of points of damage
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Okay let's use an example. LV steals 75% of his teammates mastery after ultimate. RG has mastery stats of armor, HS, and protection, while LV has mastery stats of accuracy, damage and DP. When he steals these stats, are they directly taken from RG's stats, meaning LV's armor, HS and protection increase? Or does LV convert it into his own mastery stats, meaning his accuracy, damage and DP increase?

But if they are "Empire" or Dark Side Unaligned Force Users (Maul, KRU) they don't lose any mastery when he does his ultimate. So he still gains that much mastery, but they won't lose it. (If you put a bunch of non-empire Sith on the team, they will)
  • 75% of 15 is 10? That's some interesting math.

He meant 11.25

SWGoH math usually is.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    And if ur against SLKR, you get to absorb negative mastery from allies who had theirs siphoned!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    75% of 15 is 10? That's some interesting math.

Yeah my example is bad because this was the only image I could find and I wanted to use 10 as an example after stealing mastery and made a mistake there, i'll fix it via edit
  • Bottom line, I run a Triple Tank LV Lineup. LV/Maul/StormTrooper/ShoreTrooper/Royal Guard.

Simply by taking the tanks from R3 to R6 made MASSIVE improvements in LV's damage.
    Also, remember if they're Empire or DSUFU, LV leeches that mastery, but they get it back; they really lose nothing.

It used to take 3-4 Ults before his damage got rolling, now he's wrecking JMK after the 2nd Ult. God help them if I get to 3, then I'm doing basic attacks that crit for 400k (and that happens 3 times due to Ashen).
  • Wrathe wrote: »
    Bottom line, I run a Triple Tank LV Lineup. LV/Maul/StormTrooper/ShoreTrooper/Royal Guard.

Simply by taking the tanks from R3 to R6 made MASSIVE improvements in LV's damage.
    Also, remember if they're Empire or DSUFU, LV leeches that mastery, but they get it back; they really lose nothing.

It used to take 3-4 Ults before his damage got rolling, now he's wrecking JMK after the 2nd Ult. God help them if I get to 3, then I'm doing basic attacks that crit for 400k (and that happens 3 times due to Ashen).

Problem is, the most expensive character in the game takes way too long to get there. SLKR gets there probably 5 times faster and while LV is just standing there taking hits, SLKR is actually getting the job done. LV might as well be re-labeled to "tank" because his attacks don't ramp up until next week. (Granted, in DSTB he's awesome.)