Next GL?

When’s the next GL going to be announced? typically it’s 3 months in between announcements … but it’s been 6 since LV announced. (4/28 GLK announcement - 7/23 LV announcement).

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    More than likely in the road ahead. Which is expected sometime
  • Monel wrote: »
    More than likely in the road ahead. Which is expected sometime

Soon ™️
  • RA or whatever I would guess at next week, maybe week after. Given new conquest character etc needs to be announced soonish before Conquest 13-15 start, which should be Feb 7th or thereabouts.
  • GL Jabba Bounty hunter tag, ultimate: summon Rancor to 6th spot

And

GL Leia dressed as BH with Thermal detonator and chained Chewy Rebel tag ultimate when all other Allies have been defeated summon JK Luke, Han, Chewy, Lando to the 4 empty spots at full health and protection with 100% turn meter
  • I hope its a Sith.
    Or SEE gets a buff.

Either way, just let me smash stuff with a sith GL :D
  • GL Jabba Bounty hunter tag, ultimate: summon Rancor to 6th spot

And

GL Leia dressed as BH with Thermal detonator and chained Chewy Rebel tag ultimate when all other Allies have been defeated summon JK Luke, Han, Chewy, Lando to the 4 empty spots at full health and protection with 100% turn meter

I think they mean "announced officially by CG", not "invented by a fan of 2 random characters".
  • Whatever it is, expect a relic 9 starkiller as a requirement
  • Dahly_lama4
    122 posts Member
    edited January 2022

I think they mean "announced officially by CG", not "invented by a fan of 2 random characters".

Yeah but if we stuck to “only answering questions as they were written” and “didn’t engage is hopes and dreams of what SWGOH might be in the future” then most threads would only be “3 posts”

Question asked

Response “No”

Thread closed
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    gx5uuazvnesn.jpeg
    Whatever it is, expect a relic 9 starkiller as a requirement

That would be amazing!! I have 2 r9 ready!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I was expecting it this Friday, but I guess that would give us too much time to prepare for the next batch of Conquests. Next Friday it is, then.
  • R9 for GL's a is big mistake. That's out of the reach of 99% of the player base. I'm in a 280M+ GP guild, with 5.5ish myself and have a grand total of 0 R9 pieces. The only way to get them is cash for that 99%. If GL's become cash only, it's pretty much the beginning of the end of the game. Well, cash, or being in that top 1%...
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    R9 for GL's a is big mistake. That's out of the reach of 99% of the player base. I'm in a 280M+ GP guild, with 5.5ish myself and have a grand total of 0 R9 pieces. The only way to get them is cash for that 99%. If GL's become cash only, it's pretty much the beginning of the end of the game. Well, cash, or being in that top 1%...

You must not have been around for the painfully honest 'tip of the spear' comment by CG_Carrie. The game survived that and will survive R9 requirements. There's still plenty of 'F2P' GLs to farm even if the new batch requires R9. With crystals moved from SA to GAC it might actually be better for the crystal income of F2P to have two 'cheaper' GLs like SEE and Rey than to try to get one of the newest shiny thing.
  • The only positive is that with the new GAC people shouldn't have to face others that much farther ahead of them.

R9 was completely unnecessary and frankly - still is.The overwhelming majority of players probably still barely have 1 or 2 R8's if that. Requiring R9 just tells 99% of your player base 'don't even bother'.
    The only positive is that with the new GAC people shouldn't have to face others that much farther ahead of them.

R9 was completely unnecessary and frankly - still is.The overwhelming majority of players probably still barely have 1 or 2 R8's if that. Requiring R9 just tells 99% of your player base 'don't even bother'.

The GAC will fix itself in few months, since the people who got lot more GP for where they are right now will move up to the higher tier, reason why people are getting miss matched is that person was consistently losing his/her GAC matches vs the other person was consistently winning their matches, now you got a person who has 200 victory fighting another person with 200 victory 1 is at 3 mil gp other at 6 mil gp, and the guy with 6 mil gp will fall into where he is dupposed to be in less than 3 months since he will be winning 90% of his matches.

Wait till road ahead, they will increas relic mat drop rate or give us a new avenue to farm relic mats, because at it stands even the mega super duper whales got like 6 or less R9 characters lol
  • That's still more than the number of R8's i have :) I can only get aero's by buying the 5 a week in the shop and once a month in conquest.

As I said - the new GAC pretty much means i won't be facing someone who can afford to get the next GL requiring 10 R9's or whatever - and if that's how it goes, fine. But if they start making others face that stuff when it's impossible for them to get one, that's a problem. I.e. - restructing conquest battles or whatever they call it to contain teams you need R9's to beat, sticking them in CQ itself, etc. It does not motivate you to get one, it simply makes you ignore the content because you have no shot.

It's sorta like LV. By the time they killed arena, i think our shard had maybe 2 or 3 LV's in it. JML and SEE took it over shortly after release, same with Kylo/Rey, and against with Kenobi. But, LV? barely registered. Maybe we were the anomaly, I don't know.

I would argue, why keep pushing the needle up at unsustainable pace when it really adds nothing to the game at large. No one who wasn't flush with R8's rejoiced at the announcement of R9's. And all those people already have pretty much everything already.

I hope you're right about QoL updates and better material drops etc. I just don't see it.

It's sorta like LV. By the time they killed arena, i think our shard had maybe 2 or 3 LV's in it. JML and SEE took it over shortly after release, same with Kylo/Rey, and against with Kenobi. But, LV? barely registered. Maybe we were the anomaly, I don't know.

If LV would have been a clearly dominant hard to beat meta, you would have seen lots of him in your shard, however insane the requirements could be.