Omicron Ability Update: Admiral Ackbar

Prev1
CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Admiral Ackbar
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Support, Leader, Fleet Commander
Rebel Support that can Dispel debuffs and grant allies extra turns.


Basic: QUICK SHOT

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 55% chance to gain 45% Turn Meter.

Special 1: IT'S A TRAP! (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all negative status effects from all allies. Each ally recovers 9% of their Max Health for each effect dispelled this way. Admiral Ackbar has a 25% chance to gain 40% Turn Meter.

Special 2 - TACTICAL GENIUS (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Ackbar grants each ally the Tactical Genius effect. The first ally to use a Special ability while they have this effect gains 100% Turn Meter and recovers 30% of their Max Health. Tactical Genius ends whenever any ally triggers this effect or at the end of Ackbar's next turn.

Leader - REBEL COORDINATION
OLD FINAL TEXT: Rebel allies have +25 Speed and +10% Tenacity. In addition, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, they call a Rebel ally to Assist.

NEW FINAL TEXT (OMICRON): Rebel allies have +25 Speed and +10% Tenacity. In addition, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, they call a Rebel ally to Assist.

While in Grand Arenas: At the start of battle, all allies gain Tenacity Up for 2 turns. If all allies are Rebel, whenever an ally's buff expires, they gain 3% Turn Meter. In addition, if all allies are Rebel, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, recover all allies' Health by 5%, call the other 2 weakest allies to assist, and reduce their cooldowns by 1.

Replies

  • Not the greatest I've seen so far.
  • Idk who that would even be good to use with? Certainly wouldn’t want to break up fighters or cls
  • It could be interesting with 3po. 3 extra attacks every time he takes a turn plus the stat gains. Could be an interesting back line squad
  • Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Fulcrum, Wiggs, ROLO, CHOLO.

  • Ackbar, princess leia, Bodhi, Cirrut, Fulcrum, hoth Soldier, Old ben, Captain han I think these are all viable options without taking from the main rebel teams. They all allow for lots of buffs and non attack abilities. I'm thinking Ackbar, Leia, Bodhu, Cirrut, and Hoth soldier for the best team for this omni not pulling from other good teams.
  • P-Leia, Rolo, & Cholo all seem obvious if you have the Lukes & those 3 are Relic'd.

    Options for 5th....... throw in Old Ben, R2, 3PO, etc etc.
  • Rogues1 wrote: »
    Ackbar, princess leia, Bodhi, Cirrut, Fulcrum, hoth Soldier, Old ben, Captain han I think these are all viable options without taking from the main rebel teams. They all allow for lots of buffs and non attack abilities. I'm thinking Ackbar, Leia, Bodhu, Cirrut, and Hoth soldier for the best team for this omni not pulling from other good teams.

    Reduce turn meter count as attack, unless it has been changed.
  • I don't know what you guys are on, but on paper that looks really good. Think about the hots from chirrut constantly expiring and feeding TM. Think about the 20% tm gain from bistan. Leia pumping out buffs constantly. STH taking lots of turns and stripping TM.
  • P-Leia, Rolo, & Cholo all seem obvious if you have the Lukes & those 3 are Relic'd.

    Options for 5th....... throw in Old Ben, R2, 3PO, etc etc.

    Or Bistan now that he gets kicked off the MM squad for Kyle.
  • Chaze making a comeback???
  • Monel
    2722 posts Member
    Might be a good cleanup team with Chaze, Leia and perhaps StHan.
  • Coriantum
    44 posts Member
    edited January 26
    Whenever ?
    If you put C3-PO as one of the 2 weakest characters, won't it make a loop ?
  • I currently use ackbar with pLeia, Fulcrum, and Chaze. Team works decently. This bonus will turn them into a TM train with Constant assists. I approve.
  • I'm thinking Omi Ackbar + Cara would be an awesome Empire counter. Especially when also adding c3po. All that cool down reduction makes her being able to use the special every turn
  • Coriantum wrote: »
    Whenever ?
    If you put C3-PO as one of the 2 weakest characters, won't it make a loop ?
    Idk if they can call themselves, add mon mothma to the equation though….
  • Nihion
    3339 posts Member
    I like this, it’s flexible for a lot of the underutilized Rebel units.
  • Smowy wrote: »
    Coriantum wrote: »
    Whenever ?
    If you put C3-PO as one of the 2 weakest characters, won't it make a loop ?
    Idk if they can call themselves, add mon mothma to the equation though….
    Did some testing it turns out 3po’s basic counts as an attack
  • Smowy wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    Coriantum wrote: »
    Whenever ?
    If you put C3-PO as one of the 2 weakest characters, won't it make a loop ?
    Idk if they can call themselves, add mon mothma to the equation though….
    Did some testing it turns out 3po’s basic counts as an attack

    Yes.
    3po's basic will not triggering AA's leader.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    Coriantum wrote: »
    Whenever ?
    If you put C3-PO as one of the 2 weakest characters, won't it make a loop ?
    Idk if they can call themselves, add mon mothma to the equation though….
    Did some testing it turns out 3po’s basic counts as an attack

    Yes.
    3po's basic will not triggering AA's leader.
    mon mothma's will but you wont get far with just her

  • zatho
    730 posts Member
    I think it will also work with R2-D2s stealth ability. However it will be more interesting with those rebel Charakters, that are not already useful in other squads. To built an additional team.
  • zatho wrote: »
    I think it will also work with R2-D2s stealth ability. However it will be more interesting with those rebel Charakters, that are not already useful in other squads. To built an additional team.

    Mine R2 is without a squad so I am thinking is

    Princess Leia - if you have jml you'll have her reliced anyway, why waste
    R2 - same as above
    Chopper - 6th phoenix got squeezed out of the team, taunt and dispell, special synergy with R2
    5th dunno, maybe fulcrum, captain han or bistan?
  • Surely Leia, Bistan, Fulcrum and STH will allow a turn meter train around bistan's frenzy? constantly calling bistan to assist and reducing his cooldowns AND giving him 100% tm every special means he'll quickly cycle around his frenzy cooldown, while also spreading tm to the team. As long as you make bistan go first the enemy shouldn't get a turn.
  • ackbar, hoth scout, mon mothma
    greedo 2.0
  • If you're going to make omicron abilities like this, the mats have to be less premium. This is zeta quality at best, even without the GAC limitation.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    If you're going to make omicron abilities like this, the mats have to be less premium. This is zeta quality at best, even without the GAC limitation.

    Exactly. This is nowhere near QGJ's omicron level... Oh wait, it got nerfed into the ground.
    Maybe that was CG's master plan all the way: all omis need to be crap.
  • I think this feels Chaze/Wiggs orientated?
  • Coriantum wrote: »
    Whenever ?
    If you put C3-PO as one of the 2 weakest characters, won't it make a loop ?

    It won't because if you have C-3PO, chances are you already have the main CLS team as is. And breaking C-3PO away from them is, for lack of better words, a very confusing unga bunga moment.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    Coriantum wrote: »
    Whenever ?
    If you put C3-PO as one of the 2 weakest characters, won't it make a loop ?

    It won't because if you have C-3PO, chances are you already have the main CLS team as is. And breaking C-3PO away from them is, for lack of better words, a very confusing unga bunga moment.

    The problem is that C3PO's basic attempts to inflict debuffs, so it counts as an attack.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Coriantum wrote: »
    Whenever ?
    If you put C3-PO as one of the 2 weakest characters, won't it make a loop ?

    It won't because if you have C-3PO, chances are you already have the main CLS team as is. And breaking C-3PO away from them is, for lack of better words, a very confusing unga bunga moment.

    The problem is that C3PO's basic attempts to inflict debuffs, so it counts as an attack.

    That too. Non-attacks are abilities that do absolutely nothing to enemies. So Heals, TM swaps, target assist calls. Units like Mon Mothma are a good example of a kit that has 0 attacks in it.
  • Not super exciting for the 7 million GP account, but for the 3 million alt this is fantastic. I'm going after JML and building out a Rebel fleet so this is a great use of those Rebel pilots and can elevate some of the toons that are required but not great
Sign In or Register to comment.