Omicron Ability Update: Admiral Ackbar

2Next

Replies

• Affects fleets?
  • There is some confusion relating to Admiral Ackbar's Omicron ability, which states "If all allies are Rebel, whenever an ally's buff expires, they gain 3% Turn Meter."

In this case, "they" refers to the ally whose buff is expiring.

We will change the text in a future update to provide more clarity.
  • There is some confusion relating to Admiral Ackbar's Omicron ability, which states "If all allies are Rebel, whenever an ally's buff expires, they gain 3% Turn Meter."

In this case, "they" refers to the ally whose buff is expiring.

We will change the text in a future update to provide more clarity.

Speaking of who "they" are.

Who's Cooldowns are reduced? I read it as the unit that used the non-damaging ability reduces their own Cooldowns, but other are telling me it's the allies that are called to assist?
  • Celoth
    24 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Leader - REBEL COORDINATION
    OLD FINAL TEXT: Rebel allies have +25 Speed and +10% Tenacity. In addition, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, they call a Rebel ally to Assist.

NEW FINAL TEXT (OMICRON): Rebel allies have +25 Speed and +10% Tenacity. In addition, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, they call a Rebel ally to Assist.

While in Grand Arenas: At the start of battle, all allies gain Tenacity Up for 2 turns. If all allies are Rebel, whenever an ally's buff expires, they gain 3% Turn Meter. In addition, if all allies are Rebel, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, recover all allies' Health by 5%, call the other 2 weakest allies to assist, and reduce their cooldowns by 1.

Seriously, you guys have *got* to get better at wording things without ambiguity. You need templated wording where the community can read the ability and *know* what something does instead of having to guess until you come in and clarify how something is supposed to work. I went from being excited about this and spending a pretty decent amount of time reviewing options and putting together a post meant to encourage discussion and theorycrafting (all pro-community things that you should encourage) to just being frustrated and uninterested due to the ambiguity in the wording.

Since there was confusion about who was being granted turn meter, based on the placement of a comma, you need to settle this as well:
    In addition, if all allies are Rebel, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, recover all allies' Health by 5%, call the other 2 weakest allies to assist, and reduce their cooldowns by 1.

Whose cooldowns are being reduced? The "other 2 weakest allies"? or is the comma implying that the cooldowns being reduced are for the "ally [who] uses an ability that isn't an attack"? It certainly seemed, at first reading, that it was the 2 weakest allies.

If you want to reduce ambiguity, the ability should be worded something like this:
    In addition, if all allies are Rebel, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, reduce that character's cooldowns by 1, recover all allies' Health by 5%, and call the other 2 weakest allies to assist.

Or like this:
    In addition, if all allies are Rebel, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, call the other 2 weakest allies to assist and reduce their cooldowns by 1, and recover all allies' Health by 5%.

Depending on intent. Please clarify.

P.S. While we're clarifying things, please also clarify what "the other 2 weakest allies" means. The other 2 weakest allies not counting the one using the ability that isn't an attack? The other 2 weakest allies other than Ackbar?
  • I have a question about Omicrons and if they are in addition to the current ability or if they override.

I'm curious because if they are in addition, Akbar will still give out the 25 percent speed and with the Omi, will call out three people to assist on non damaging abilities ( one with the current lead, two with the Omi ).

Also, in regards to the two " weakest " characters: is this locked in at the start or does it change as the battle goes on? And this is based on health or health + protection?

I just slapped the Omi on Akbar yesterday, so I won't know how he does until next week.
  • Weakest = current lowest hp+prot char
  • Best tank ever for LV team.
  • Wait, is it 2 weakest allies or 3?
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Wait, is it 2 weakest allies or 3?

It is 2 weakest allies, but 3 assists in total

2 for the weakest allies and the random assist that the leadership alone alredy gave before the omicron

This last one was not triggering itself apparently, that should be fixed now
  • Question about Tactical Genius: All allies gain this buff, but then "Tactical Genius ends whenever any ally triggers this effect or at the end of Ackbar's next turn." So when tactical genius is triggered by one ally, it disappears from all other allies. Would that count as the buff "expiring" for all allies and thus trigger the 3% turn meter gain for everyone?
  • Akwat wrote: »
    Question about Tactical Genius: All allies gain this buff, but then "Tactical Genius ends whenever any ally triggers this effect or at the end of Ackbar's next turn." So when tactical genius is triggered by one ally, it disappears from all other allies. Would that count as the buff "expiring" for all allies and thus trigger the 3% turn meter gain for everyone?

Should be. It’s being lost by everyone.
  • So it turns out Ackbar’s omicron actually works by replacing the random assist with the 2 other weakest ally assists, instead of both happening.

… sigh.
    So it turns out Ackbar’s omicron actually works by replacing the random assist with the 2 other weakest ally assists, instead of both happening.

… sigh.

Always expect CG to be incompetent or want to trick you into spending valuable resources on useless stuff.
    You'll rarely be surprised that way.
    So it turns out Ackbar’s omicron actually works by replacing the random assist with the 2 other weakest ally assists, instead of both happening.

… sigh.

Always expect CG to be incompetent or want to trick you into spending valuable resources on useless stuff.

Useless? Wrong, little to no people have seen the potential of this omicron alongside MM, you'll have a Rebel Fighters team more threatning and thicker than with normal MM, on pair with Leia's omicron, this will be unstopabble
  • Winterwolves
    1723 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    mariogsh wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »

… sigh.

Useless? Wrong, little to no people have seen the potential of this omicron alongside MM, you'll have a Rebel Fighters team more threatning and thicker than with normal MM, on pair with Leia's omicron, this will be unstopabble

The loss of the extra random assist makes a big difference.

How would this be thicker than a mon mothma lead? There is no stat sharing unless mon mothma is leading. She still provides healing every turn on her own team. Kyle Katarn would have no where to be if you're not running mon mothma.

This omicron had potential to be better than mon mothma lead when there was a third assist from a non attack. Not any more. Remember there are 5 assists for any action at all on a mon mothma lead. Ackbar is only upto 4 max now, and only when you do a non-attack action.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »

… sigh.

The loss of the extra random assist makes a big difference.

How would this be thicker than a mon mothma lead? There is no stat sharing unless mon mothma is leading. She still provides healing every turn on her own team. Kyle Katarn would have no where to be if you're not running mon mothma.

This omicron had potential to be better than mon mothma lead when there was a third assist from a non attack. Not any more. Remember there are 5 assists for any action at all on a mon mothma lead. Ackbar is only upto 4 max now, and only when you do a non-attack action.

With Ackbar and Leia omicron you'll have all the regen you need, let's not forget about the cooldown decreasing, making possible creating TM loops almost as consistent as with HRS

I'm planning on using Ackbar, Leia, MM, Pao and Cara Dune, hopefully this will still work out better than an normal MM team, otherwise, I'll just change the last 3 with other of the JML requirements.
  • I love how everyone who says this is great, also says that they haven't tried it and are only planning to do so.
    I wonder why.
  • I love how everyone who says this is great, also says that they haven't tried it and are only planning to do so.
    I wonder why.

Why? The answer is not because I'm afraid of using one omicron to prove I'm right or not, the reason is because

1. I don't own that omicron yet, half-way through, I'll get back here once I get it and tested, don't worry about it, I'll let you know if I failed or it's working just as I thought
    2. I don't have those specific rebels ready to go yet https://swgoh.gg/p/692141595/characters/ but I'm working on them

No, I'm not afraid of "wasting" the omicron, I just can't test it right out the get-go because reasons
  • Added the omicron to Ackbar today however, there is still no zeta 1 symbol on him. Is this to be expected? All omicron's I've seen so far have added the symbol. (purple +1 at the bottom, if I'm not being clear)
  • Added the omicron to Ackbar today however, there is still no zeta 1 symbol on him. Is this to be expected? All omicron's I've seen so far have added the symbol. (purple +1 at the bottom, if I'm not being clear)

Yes, it is intended, because Ackbar does not own a zeta
    I wonder why.

I have the omicron and so far, it's doing it's job. It's had a couple of holds on defense ( most notable was against a geo team ) while others didn't want to mess around and brought in better teams to take it out ( lost to CLS team with 3PO, lost to Shak Troopers, lost to Night Sisters ) which I'll take because it means taking away one of their better offensive options against one one of my later, better defensive teams.

I don't have the Leia omi yet, but I should have it next week.