Continue new account or go back to old (Both f2p)

Hi all, started this game a while ago (way before legends and revised mods etc) and got to 85 and collected the characters I wanted, before suppose getting bored due to never winning ships arena etc. I just after Christmas I downloaded the app again and started playing but looking how to be optimised etc. Thinking my account was in a mess, I started again and enjoying it, but unsure whether I should continue with new save or go back to original? Ally code for new is 587-462-111 and old account is 257-247-478. Which should I continue and feedback on what to focus on for either would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The incentive to start over has decreased recently with the recent change to squad arena and GAC. The developers will most likely make a similar change to fleet arena in the not too distant future. I'd recommend to continue with your old account unless you find more joy playing your new one from scratch.

I'd recommend to build your separatists in order to unlock Padme, build your Geo pilots and their ships, build the full geos team to help you find a stronger guild which plays the Separatist Might TB. Finding a stronger guild with high level of participation straight away is important. And then you should join GAC. Sign-up phase is active for 6 more hours.
  • thanks for the comment, I just feel like I was very inefficient with old account and wasted so much resource on toons that are ultimately no good lol I do enjoy new one but the only thing making me doubt is the amount of time to get back to where I was. I still unsure whether I should focus on getting one character to zeta or spreading out in the squad
  • I recommend starting over for sure. Your old account is level 85, but only really g10 characters at most. While it's true that with the new changes to GAC / removing crystals from squad arena is good for old accounts, you still have Fleet Arena which is VERY KEY to earning crystals early on. On your old account you will likely never make it high enough to get a good crystal income there.

So I recommend a new account and putting together a focused plan for the start, especially planning ahead for fleet arena when it opens at level 60. This will help you get a good daily crystal income going and you will enjoy the game.

Yes it's painful to go all the way back to 85, but it's easier than ever now as most characters are double shard drops. It should take 3 months to reach level 85 if you are a daily player...not bad, but you will also enjoy the account much more.

There are a few guides posted here on this forum (mine included) that you could follow if you want, and there are some good F2P discord servers catering to new players if you are interested. Just let me know.
  • I don't see why you'd waste all the time of the old account. So what if the fleet shard is old? That could mean lots of inactives. You can just get to the point where you can jump to the new meta whenever that is.

If you're level 85, then you can start immediately earning crystals from gac. Work on the malevolence fleet as its the cheapest way to a meta beating fleet.

The old g10 characters may feel like wasted resources, but just about every character is needed for something. Got a Phoenix team? Guess what, now you've got 2 jedi to use with the many many jedi leads there are now. And sabine is a mandalorian to go on another team.

Dumping the old account just means that the most precious resource, your time, has been wasted.

The incentive to start over is minimal now that squad arena is not a crystal income. Chuck those 'bad' teams you have now on your GAC defence and use your better teams to attack.
  • I recommend starting over for sure. Your old account is level 85, but only really g10 characters at most. While it's true that with the new changes to GAC / removing crystals from squad arena is good for old accounts, you still have Fleet Arena which is VERY KEY to earning crystals early on. On your old account you will likely never make it high enough to get a good crystal income there.

So I recommend a new account and putting together a focused plan for the start, especially planning ahead for fleet arena when it opens at level 60. This will help you get a good daily crystal income going and you will enjoy the game.

Yes it's painful to go all the way back to 85, but it's easier than ever now as most characters are double shard drops. It should take 3 months to reach level 85 if you are a daily player...not bad, but you will also enjoy the account much more.

There are a few guides posted here on this forum (mine included) that you could follow if you want, and there are some good F2P discord servers catering to new players if you are interested. Just let me know.

I've actually been trying to follow your guide on here for my new account, currently struggling with lack of crystals and energy (only thing slowing me down at minute lol)
    After Phoenix squad, who should be next?
  • Rykon wrote: »
    I've actually been trying to follow your guide on here for my new account, currently struggling with lack of crystals and energy (only thing slowing me down at minute lol)
    After Phoenix squad, who should be next?

I recommend Geos as you will want them for fleet and DS Geo TB (Wat)....and they are generally a very useful team. Then personally I went Imperial Troopers after that as they are super fun, and can get you lots of gear from Assault Battles (2) and HSTR raid.

Come join us on Free to Play Nation for more interactive discussions if you want...lots of new players there
    https://discord.gg/Jk9BGu6K
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rykon wrote: »
    thanks for the comment, I just feel like I was very inefficient with old account and wasted so much resource on toons that are ultimately no good lol I do enjoy new one but the only thing making me doubt is the amount of time to get back to where I was. I still unsure whether I should focus on getting one character to zeta or spreading out in the squad

You actually have several good teams although many of them are lacking gear/levels/zetas/members:

- Your Phoenix were a great starting team (but not worth investing more in after you unlocked Thrawn at 7*).
    - If you zeta EP's lead and Vader's MM you'll have a good empire team (EP, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and RG/TFP) for GAC.
    - Bastilla lead, GMY, JKA, Ahsoka and Jolee(zetaed) will make a good jedi team for GAC. Furthermore, the two OR jedi will help you unlock JKR eventually.
    - CLS teams are still great in GAC. Start out with CLS, Wiggs, Leia and OB/STH until you get the rest of the team (Han, Chewie, Chewpio and 3P0).
    - FO helped you unlock BB8 and can still do well in GAC if you add Hux and Sith Trooper.