Omicron Ability Update: Princess Leia

CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Princess Leia
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Leader, Rebel
Well-rounded Rebel Attacker with extra attacks, Stealth, and team Critical bonuses.

Basic: HAIR TRIGGER

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to attack a second time and a 55% chance to attack a third time. Each attack has a 50% chance to grant 10% Turn Meter.

Special 1: REBEL TACTICS (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Leia gains Stealth and Critical Damage Up for 3 turns and gains 50% Turn Meter. If Leia already had Stealth, she also gains Offense Up and Foresight for 3 turns and gains double Turn Meter.

Leader - HEART OF THE REBELLION

FINAL TEXT: Rebel allies gain 20% Critical Chance

Unique - AGAINST ALL ODDS
OLD FINAL TEXT: Whenever Leia attacks, she recovers 5% Health and 5% Protection and has a 55% chance to grant all allies Critical Chance Up for 2 turns.

NEW FINAL TEXT: Whenever Leia attacks, she recovers 5% Health and 5% Protection and has a 55% chance to grant all allies Critical Chance Up for 2 turns.

While in Grand Arenas: Whenever Leia attacks, she has a 55% chance to grant all Rebel allies Retribution for 2 turns and a 55% chance to grant all Rebel allies Tenacity Up for 2 turns, and all other Rebel allies recover 5% Health and Protection.

Replies

• Options
    Nice that it’s a unique, should work well under Ackbars omicron lead, which I assume is the point.
  • Options
    this is all nice and dandy but arent we forgetting about one little thing? the game is in a very poor position, executor is a huge pain even with maxed out, we dont know what your plan is regarding the future of the game is it worth it to put up with all this annoyance?
  • Procrastin8
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Here's a question: if an ally has retribution (or tenacity up, or any other buff that doesn't seem to stack) and Leia hands that buff out again, does the original "expire"? If not, if this just keeps renewing the existing buff for another turn or 2, then this doesn't help Ackbar's omicron at all. If it does, this looks pretty tasty. Steep price to have to pay for 2 omicrons but this is pretty attractive as a JKL/JML chaser.
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    The original buff does not expire, but that ally will still gain that buff.

The question is, if the ally already had the buff, how does the engine interpret them getting that buff again?
  • Options
    I think that they have multiple stacks of the buff, maybe? So an old stack could expire and grant the tm after 2 turns, but you still have the buff.

So Leia could actually hand the team 3 buffs 3 times for 9 stacks total, then 2 turns later that all expires for 27% TM gain, but leia has had another turn and they will keep the buffs, while also gaining the TM from the hidden stacks expiring.

Not certain this is how it will work, but possible, given how geo spy damage can ramp from multiple stacks of tenacity down and ability block.

This will also give massive protection recovery under Jyn lead.
  • Options
    They can gain multiple stacks of buffs like Retribution, it's just not shown because it doesn't change anything. So they would gain TM when they gain that buff, not after 2 turns.

My understanding of the Ackbar omicron is that that ally only gains TM when a buff expires, this is why I'm asking this question. From what I'm gathering, it's delayed satisfaction. The TM train would start after 2 turns (because that's how long the P. Leia buffs will last.)
  • Options
    I like this one. Not super powerful, and probably needs Ackbar too, but it does what we want Omicrons to do - takes objectively awful teams and gives them a good niche to be useful in.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    onexy wrote: »
    this is all nice and dandy but arent we forgetting about one little thing? the game is in a very poor position, executor is a huge pain even with maxed out, we dont know what your plan is regarding the future of the game is it worth it to put up with all this annoyance?

wrong thread, buddy
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    onexy wrote: »

wrong thread, buddy
    Is it? Maybe point him to the right one then, buddy.

• Options
    Stacks of buffs (or debuffs) can expire independently. If you use a DV lead in a raid, you can see the DoT counter go down when a boss takes their turn. It doesn't (and shouldn't) go to 0 except if the boss is able to take 2 or more turns before anyone else can apply DoTs. Otherwise, you'll see the DoTs go from X to Y and then back to X. So even if Leia applies buffs two turns in a row, the buffs from her first turn will expire independently (and on time) from the buffs applied on her second turn.
  • Options
    They can gain multiple stacks of buffs like Retribution, it's just not shown because it doesn't change anything. So they would gain TM when they gain that buff, not after 2 turns.

My understanding of the Ackbar omicron is that that ally only gains TM when a buff expires, this is why I'm asking this question. From what I'm gathering, it's delayed satisfaction. The TM train would start after 2 turns (because that's how long the P. Leia buffs will last.)

Oh, Ackbar's omicron grants TM when a buff expires... I thought it was when an ally gains it...

Yup. Akbar's Omicron grants TM when buffs expire. But concerning this omicron, I think they do expire when a new one is gained. This is because they come form the same source: Leia's unique.
    This is what happens with Protection Up after all. That was an entire thing a while back. The old Protection Up would expire if a new one was applied from the same source, unless it specifically stated that it stacked. I would assume the same is going on here: If an ally gains a buff from this Omicron they already have, the old one expires immediately. That being said, if she gains Tenacity Up while allies still have the Tenacity Up from Akbar's lead, that one won't expire since it isn't from the same source.
    But at the end this is how I expect it to work. I'm not 100% sure about it either so some confirmation would be nice.
  • Options
    I think that they have multiple stacks of the buff, maybe? So an old stack could expire and grant the tm after 2 turns, but you still have the buff.

So Leia could actually hand the team 3 buffs 3 times for 9 stacks total, then 2 turns later that all expires for 27% TM gain, but leia has had another turn and they will keep the buffs, while also gaining the TM from the hidden stacks expiring.

Not certain this is how it will work, but possible, given how geo spy damage can ramp from multiple stacks of tenacity down and ability block.

Not sure if anyone remembers, but back when Padme came out, the devs answered a similar question. I think it was an interaction with GMY's battle meditation ( it granted himself protection up, then granted *every ally*, including GMY himself, protection up), and General Kenobi's unique. TL;DR it counted as the first Protection Up expiring, and activated GK's taunt.

I see this as a similar situation, but this is CG, so it's anyone's guess. No clarification from them, what else is new?
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »

Oh, Ackbar's omicron grants TM when a buff expires... I thought it was when an ally gains it...

Yup. Akbar's Omicron grants TM when buffs expire. But concerning this omicron, I think they do expire when a new one is gained. This is because they come form the same source: Leia's unique.
    This is what happens with Protection Up after all. That was an entire thing a while back. The old Protection Up would expire if a new one was applied from the same source, unless it specifically stated that it stacked. I would assume the same is going on here: If an ally gains a buff from this Omicron they already have, the old one expires immediately. That being said, if she gains Tenacity Up while allies still have the Tenacity Up from Akbar's lead, that one won't expire since it isn't from the same source.
    But at the end this is how I expect it to work. I'm not 100% sure about it either so some confirmation would be nice.

another example: geo spy. geo spy basic ‘stacks up his silent strike’ because he is gaining additional CC up / stealth hidden stacks. This is why some call spy to assist on a geo team. This means more buffs expire - more damage from silent strike.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    My understanding, from @scuba is that the following happens:

Leia grants 2 turn retribution to Farmboy Luke,

FL takes a turn (1 turn of retribution left)

Leia re-grants 2 turn retribution to FL

FL now has 2 stacks of retribution (1 turn, 2 turn) but the 2 turn retribution will be visually shown, and the 1 turn stack is stealthed

And so on, and so forth

I believe this is how buffs worked since the teebo stealth raid fix and has been like this, and from my understanding, even though you will see one stack of retribution on FL visually, Boba's execute will treat as if two stacks of buffs were dispelled
  • Options
    What happens when it is x% for all allies to whatever. Is that one RNG roll for all or none or RNG rolls independently for each.

If it said x% for each or each ally has x% then clear. To me this reads like all or none as it is "she has....to grant" so is single roll.

Also, I assume Leia second and third attacks also generate this chance? This would mitigate the above somewhat.

Guess with Ackbar works well if she is one of weakest.

• Options
    Reached out to dev. Here's what they said:

Buffs that don't stack visibly/functionally (we tie the two together) can still stack in the background. Instead of "refreshing" the duration of an existing buff, a new buff is added with its own duration. The buffs overlap on their duration, so the unit will (usually) enjoy the benefits of that buff longer, but the actual impact of the buff (+50% Offense, +25% Critical Chance, etc) is constant - if any of that buff is present, you get the static effect. The same is true for debuffs that don't stack visibly/functionally.
    ---

So an example would be the following:

T1: Apply Tenacity Up for 2 turns
    T2: Apply Tenacity Up for 2 turns again somehow
    T3: Tenacity Up from T1 expires. AA bonuses. Character still has Tenacity Up
    T4: Tenacity Up from T2 expires. AA Bonuses. Character no longer has Tenacity Up
    ---

TLDR; leia and akbar omis work well together
  • Options

Buffs that don't stack visibly/functionally (we tie the two together) can still stack in the background. Instead of "refreshing" the duration of an existing buff, a new buff is added with its own duration. The buffs overlap on their duration, so the unit will (usually) enjoy the benefits of that buff longer, but the actual impact of the buff (+50% Offense, +25% Critical Chance, etc) is constant - if any of that buff is present, you get the static effect. The same is true for debuffs that don't stack visibly/functionally.
    ---

T4: Tenacity Up from T2 expires. AA Bonuses. Character no longer has Tenacity Up
    ---

I'm assuming this is similar to the multiple instances of Tenacity Down from Geo Soldier stacking for Geo Spy's nuke attack?
  • Options
    Gale_Toral wrote: »

---

---

I'm assuming this is similar to the multiple instances of Tenacity Down from Geo Soldier stacking for Geo Spy's nuke attack?

Yup. Always has.
    Livid wrote: »

Not sure if anyone remembers, but back when Padme came out, the devs answered a similar question. I think it was an interaction with GMY's battle meditation ( it granted himself protection up, then granted *every ally*, including GMY himself, protection up), and General Kenobi's unique. TL;DR it counted as the first Protection Up expiring, and activated GK's taunt.

I see this as a similar situation, but this is CG, so it's anyone's guess. No clarification from them, what else is new?

Protection Up is an odd example in that multiple stacks from the same source would actually do something, so Protection Up from the same source only stacks if it explicitly says so. Stacking sources / multiple sources do count as multiple buffs, but it’s more obvious because there’s a number indicator like HoTs.
  • Options
    They work together until they get nerfed for working too good together. Lesson learnt
  • Options
    I just slapped the omi on Akbar and I'm working on Leia's next. I'm a sucker for off meta weirdness. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I got a hold today on defense with Akbar ( omi won't be active in GAC until next week's ) so I was pretty happy that it caught someone off guard without the squad being complete yet.

My team comp is
    Akbar lead (R7)
    Leia (R3)
    Stormtrooper Han (R3)
    Bistan (R7)
    Fulcrum Tano ( G12)
  • Options
    Sev112 wrote: »
    I just slapped the omi on Akbar and I'm working on Leia's next. I'm a sucker for off meta weirdness. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I got a hold today on defense with Akbar ( omi won't be active in GAC until next week's ) so I was pretty happy that it caught someone off guard without the squad being complete yet.

My team comp is
    Akbar lead (R7)
    Leia (R3)
    Stormtrooper Han (R3)
    Bistan (R7)
    Fulcrum Tano (G12)

… wait, you got a hold without any Omicrons?

Huh. Impressive.
  • Sev112
    110 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

My team comp is
    Akbar lead (R7)
    Leia (R3)
    Stormtrooper Han (R3)
    Bistan (R7)
    Fulcrum Tano (G12)

Huh. Impressive.

I think the other player probably saw an easy win and brought in a bad counter in an effort to save better squads, which is what I was hoping for.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

My team comp is
    Akbar lead (R7)
    Leia (R3)
    Stormtrooper Han (R3)
    Bistan (R7)
    Fulcrum Tano (G12)

Huh. Impressive.

I think the other player probably saw an easy win and brought in a bad counter in an effort to save better squads, which is what I was hoping for.

The value of a team that can't just be easily looked up for an exact guide on how to kill it shouldn't be underestimated.