Fix your darned game CG

frackme_21
92 posts Member
edited February 2022
Yet another round of GAC lost to a crash going into battle. I'm tired of getting screwed over because you can't figure out how to

a) stop your game from crashing constantly
b) resume a battle like every other game seems to be able to do.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Haven't had a crash in the middle of playing on my phone for a while. Do you by chance play using an emulator? The only time the game has froze on me is when coming back after a while and have to force close and start the app back up.

Maybe I've just been lucky that I haven't crashed going into a battle especially in GA
  • Doesn't matter where i play, it crashes all the time.
  • Ahtf
    22 posts Member
    To be honest I have around 1 crash a month max. I don’t think that is bad, the most people I know in the game has few crashes if any. I do think it matters what you play from, or maybe internet connection
  • I think what really needs to happen is they need a solution for when it does crash. Making it count as a battle to me is dumb and should be no problem for them to fix.
  • A fair thing would be to make it count as a battle, but the team isn’t burned. Or Vice versa
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    A fair thing would be to make it count as a battle, but the team isn’t burned. Or Vice versa

only issue is hard closing. i doubt the game could tell which one happens, meaning you can trick it to giving your units back to try again in a fight potentially.

frackme_21 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter where i play, it crashes all the time.

personally only crash once every few months, id think it might just be an older phone maybe. it sucks that crashing happened to you, but likey some types of crashes they cant solve. its just how the device is.
  • frackme_21 wrote: »

Of course it matters
    I'm tired of getting screwed over

Then don’t give them any money. No one is forced to play this game. It’s designed to make you so frustrated that you spend money, and while crashing may not be an intentional design, it doesn’t earn them anything to fix it.
    I'm tired of getting screwed over

Then don’t give them any money. No one is forced to play this game. It’s designed to make you so frustrated that you spend money, and while crashing may not be an intentional design, it doesn’t earn them anything to fix it.

I stopped giving money a very long time ago (i think jango marquee was my last spend, and even then i only ever got a few marquee packs). After that they started monetizing everything and prioritizing monetization over the player experience on a regular basis.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    A fair thing would be to make it count as a battle, but the team isn’t burned. Or Vice versa

only issue is hard closing. i doubt the game could tell which one happens, meaning you can trick it to giving your units back to try again in a fight potentially.

personally only crash once every few months, id think it might just be an older phone maybe. it sucks that crashing happened to you, but likey some types of crashes they cant solve. its just how the device is.

I'm an app developer and i get it, but other games (thinking DSA for one) keep battle state on the server side, so if you crash, you can get back into the battle when you start the app back up again.
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

personally only crash once every few months, id think it might just be an older phone maybe. it sucks that crashing happened to you, but likely some types of crashes they cant solve. its just how the device is.

I'm an app developer and i get it, but other games (thinking DSA for one) keep battle state on the server side, so if you crash, you can get back into the battle when you start the app back up again.

It does (at least for PVP where most crashes happen, not sure about other modes).

Nevertheless, how often has that saved you? DSA also has a timer for attacks (possibly so PVP doesn't freeze the opponent as well if your side crashes) and by time you get back in you have likely lost or no chance anyway.

Still, for DSA server side info is kind of a must (or at least continuous communication) as it is live PVP. If you aren't going to do that then I would have thought client side is going to be less problematic most of the time. I suffer from frequent crashes as well (I never do two fleet battles any more without closing and restarting, normal are a bit better but still won't do more than 2 or 3). DSA freezing was never ending though.

Lastly, if you don't lose your team and an attempt people are just going to force close if things are not going well. It is annoying and, as I said, I suffer from it too but the only real solution is to fix crashes due to poor coding whether it is memory leakage or whatever else not the mechanics of what happens in a crash. It did not after all used to do this anywhere near as often, think it was around Oct/Nov it got really bad so they broke something.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>