Need your opinion/advise on my roster pls

Vodo
332 posts Member
edited April 2016
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm at a point where I don't really know what to do next. Until today I was busy with getting Ani & Ahsoka to 6*, but now that's done and Yoda is 6* also, so what's next for me?
Ok, so here's my current roster:

g6QrhlP.jpg

qZdgLXc.jpg

#1: Which team would you run in arena?
I currently run Phasma(L), Lumi, QGJ, IG86 & Sid. I usually finish somewhere between 100 and 150. I can crack Top100 but it's rather hard. My team seems to do pretty well on defense though, I usually don't drop a lot.

#2: Is there any toon on my roster that you would star up right now without knowing how the coming patch affects the meta?

#3: I currently have more then 22k arena tokens and almost 27k from GW, would you get any chars there currently? Or just hoard until we know what the next meta will be? I have no problem with not spending right now but I may get bored within the next weeks.

Looking forward to hear your opinions! :)

Replies

• Dooku is tons of fun. I sit between 50 and 100 in arena with
    Phasma
    Doom
    Lumi
    Poggle

But have the most fun with Jedi team. They are not 7 star yet so I don't run them in arena
    On my server anyone without full 7 star roaster is a huge target
    Nothing better than seeing how many buffs your team can get with Yoda
  • Autocorrect Dooku
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So who to farm...
    1. Finish GQJ from catnina, then daka.
    2. Finish dooku in catnina, then start on GS.
    3. Finish phasma, then start on poggle in GW
    4. Either continue to save in arena, or finish ventress (only becuase I'm OCD about leaving characters when they're not done) then consider the droid route becuase it's always nice to have a droid team there if needed. They can also clear any difficult node in GW with Poe alongside them, meaning if you're out of suicide squads, this is great.
    5. From hard nodes, continue with RG (he's viable at 5*). Do dooku's nodes too if you can to speed up his farm, and/or go for Rey.

For now, in arena, you should run: QGJ (L), lumi, dooku, daka, yoda. The one thing this squad lacks is a bit of damage. That's why you need to go after GS and Rey.
    Aim for this squad in arena: QGJ (L), dooku (L on defence sometimes), yoda, GS, then your choice of daka and lumi or RG when he's ready at 5*.
    In GW, go with QGJ (L), lumi, JC (but bring in daka towards the end if he gets worked down or dies), dooku, Sid.
    Aim for this squad in GW: QGJ (L), GS, lumi, JC/daka, dooku/Sid.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    @Megaman101 : Thx, but I won't start on 88 right now, he's much too squishy. Maybe after the meta changed.

@Dooku_for_days : Thx! Do you think Dooku is already fit for arena at 5*? I didn't dare trying yet. But I already use him for GW, at least on the lower nodes.

Yeah, I will keep on farming RG, but it's a slow grind.

Not sure about Rey & GS. I would have to start almost from scratch with both. And farming Rey is soo slow. Sure, she's really good and I guess she will always be. GS? Hm, I don't like him much and he's only a threat when paired with Poggle IMO.

Guess I could 7* Phasma, I really like her and I guess she won't be nerfed. I could also 7* Ventress, she's so slow she can only win with the next patch.

What you guys think about QGJ? Will he stay competitive?

• KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    Dooku yeah
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    "GS, only a threat with poggle". :o There's a reason why every team (except a few with good synergy) in the top 50 of every server has GS. He is super fast, hits like a truck, and is arguably the best character in the game right now. QGJ will always be effective with his leader ability. Also, his special attacks are amazing and his basic has a chance to both gain and remove turn meter by level 80. If you want a 7* yoda at some point too, then he'll be perfect for that. Furthermore, we have to live in the now. There's no point trying to predict the future becuase of the changes that ea could possibly make. Try and build the best arena team that you can right now, becuase who knows what the future holds? Maybe things will stay the same. We just don't know. My point is that the best way to progress faster, is by getting to the top of the leaderboard, by building the best team possible at the time, and then once you're done, you can start trying to predict the future, prepare for what could come, or even build a team that you always wanted to have; like droids, or nightsisters.
    Also, yes, dooku is ready for arena. I brought mine in at 4* and kept him in ever since. By the time he was 5*, I was top 100 in arena, and was actually getting top 20 just before I got him to 6*. What's important is his speed (which you get through gear) allowing him to stun Jedi on the first turn.
    So overall. Yes, finish QGJ and put him as your leader. Yes, finish daka afterwards. Yes, finish dooku and bring him in as soon as you can. Yes, start on GS afterwards unless something changes. Yes, grind those RG nodes. And finally once your meta team is in place and landing you in the top 20, yes try and predict, or save, or do what you want that will give you enjoyment from the game, becuase you will then be progressing faster once you are landing higher up in the ranks.
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    Mate dooku is mint as attacker but not leader he does not have a leader abillity
  • too many jedis.
    hqdefault.jpg
  • @KILOLEO dooku has one of the best leader abilities in the whole game. What are you talking about?
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    Sorry I was getting mixed up
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    too many jedis.
    hqdefault.jpg

Nice mate
  • No worries. :D It happens to us all every now and then, ;)
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    Can u vote for mace or rey
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    No worries. :D It happens to us all every now and then, ;)

Thanks
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    @Dooku_for_days : Hm, I don't know, maybe it's because I don't consider GS a big threat myself. I target him first ofc and usually he's dead before he acts. Granted, I usually don't meet much with full gear.

I don't think I go for 7* Yoda, just not worth the 100 shards for Ani & Ahsoka.

I will try Dooku in arena, I guess you're right, the stun will be useful.

Anyway, thx for your advice, really appreciate it!

@SidiousIsPikachu : Hm, I count 8 usable ones for DS and just 6 for LS
  • Vodo wrote: »

@SidiousIsPikachu : Hm, I count 8 usable ones for DS and just 6 for LS

i count for the best 12, and talia isnt usable (unless in a nighsister team) so i count more jedissssss, which he invest in.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Yeah, Talia......I was hoping she improves with gear and the 6th star, but she's really dissapointing, at least in terms of damage. I still use her in GW from time to time.
  • Vodo wrote: »
    Yeah, Talia......I was hoping she improves with gear and the 6th star, but she's really dissapointing, at least in terms of damage. I still use her in GW from time to time.

i think it was @cosmicturtle333 who runs full nightsisters team, try search a thread of him or somehting to know hoe you can make her viable and her strength points.
    however talia supposed to die with her heal, and daka revive her, and they should go well together...

and to answer your post, i think you need, first of all, to get toons to 7*. star them up, gear them up, it take some times but evantually you'll catch up with every1 and get better. try farm hard RG, he's great.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    I just used Dooku and RG for the first time in arena and won 3 consecutive fights. RG has nice health for a 4* toon. Still, I won't use him regulary yet. Will do my last fight today with Dooku(L), Sid, QGJ, 86 & Daka now and then see how this team does on D over night