I guarantee now there’ll be a fan backlash against the Kenobi show

Prev1
reylie99
posts Member
edited February 2022
Not because of its quality, most likely it’ll be fine. But the way so many fans have built it up is setting themselves up for disappointment. Same old story.

I’m absolutely sure after the first episode doesn’t deliver on everyone’s wildest fantasies, there’ll be cries of “Disney ruined Obi-Wan/ this show is so boring/ X person involved doesn’t get Star Wars”.

If people had more realistic expectations and didn’t go into every show with a chip on their shoulders, they’d enjoy them more.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• With the star wars fanbase; This is the way.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Oh no, the fans expect the show to actually be good! The horror! Better preemptively whine about any future complaints!
  • So, we’re having an argument about the things people haven’t yet said about a show that hasn’t yet aired? I love the internet
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    So, we’re having an argument about the things people haven’t yet said about a show that hasn’t yet aired? I love the internet

to be fair, op isnt wrong

it always happens
    hello
  • I thought the reaction to the boba fett show and Mandalorian was mostly positive?
  • If Kenobi and Darth Vader meet in the show, then yes there will be huge backlash.

My issue is the regurgitation of nostalgia in these shows. It is just like a bunch of fans in the mid 80's made these shows. Same characters on the same planet doing the same stuff with the same animals and vehicles. Lets move SW forward and not just spin our wheels in the sand on Tatooine.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Eweff wrote: »
    I thought the reaction to the boba fett show and Mandalorian was mostly positive?

Ive seen mostly hate for Boba

Haven't scene it myself
    hello
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Eweff wrote: »
    I thought the reaction to the boba fett show and Mandalorian was mostly positive?

Haven't scene it myself

I haven’t seen that hate, but that is disappointing. I thought it was fine.
  • No one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans.

Everything is garbage, and only becomes non-garbage over time when nostalgia sets in.

TLJ is the 9th highest rated Sci Fi movie in history per Rotten Tomatoes adjusted rating.

But WAAH Luke wasn’t perfect.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/top_100_science_fiction__fantasy_movies/

Everything is garbage, and only becomes non-garbage over time when nostalgia sets in.

TLJ is the 9th highest rated Sci Fi movie in history per Rotten Tomatoes adjusted rating.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/top_100_science_fiction__fantasy_movies/

Did you just seriously use Rotten Tomatoes as a credible measurement of quality? Might as well use IGN.
  • Eweff wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »

Haven't scene it myself

I haven’t seen that hate, but that is disappointing. I thought it was fine.

My $0.02. It was fine. It wasn't great. It wasn't bad. It was just... fine. After the wild success of Mando, I think people had raised their expectations bar.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Yeah because everyone hates the final season of clone wars, or bad batch, mandalorian, and the book of boba fett?

Its like you are just saying that before even watching the show to justify it for yourself that if anyone says its bad its because they are a hater.

Lets get something straight sunshine, star wars fans dont hate star wars, they hate bad movies and if you can't see that and you think they are just haters just because what they saw on the screen doesn't match what they had in their head, well kq3ocq9eq9hr.gif
  • Lets get something straight sunshine, star wars fans dont hate star wars

haha no
    hello

Did you just seriously use Rotten Tomatoes as a credible measurement of quality? Might as well use IGN.

Yes, seriously. Comparing Rotten Tomatoes to IGN for movie reviews is ludicrous.
  • Yeah because everyone hates the final season of clone wars, or bad batch, mandalorian, and the book of boba fett?

Its like you are just saying that before even watching the show to justify it for yourself that if anyone says its bad its because they are a hater.

Lets get something straight sunshine, star wars fans dont hate star wars, they hate bad movies and if you can't see that and you think they are just haters just because what they saw on the screen doesn't match what they had in their head, well kq3ocq9eq9hr.gif

Dude go look in the BOBF thread on this forum. Nothing but whining.
  • Yeah because everyone hates the final season of clone wars, or bad batch, mandalorian, and the book of boba fett?

People in this forum think the sequel trilogy was better than the original trilogy, their opinion don't count for me

People in this forum think the sequel trilogy was better than the original trilogy, their opinion don't count for me

This statement is everything wrong with Star Wars fans

which people
    hello

which people

You haven’t been here long my friend you will see in time
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Yeah because everyone hates the final season of clone wars, or bad batch, mandalorian, and the book of boba fett?

There are weird people in this forum. Some of them even keep defending CG's Sith moves. I think it's mostly just trolling.
  • Nauros wrote: »

There are weird people in this forum. Some of them even keep defending CG's Sith moves. I think it's mostly just trolling.

No dude, its not trolling these are actual people defending these things
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

No dude, its not trolling these are actual people defending these things

And that's why we can't have nice things.
  • Here's a novel idea: It's okay to like some of star wars, but not all of it. And here's the kicker - you can choose to like any part of it! That's the best part about having opinions :)

If somebody thinks the sequel trilogy is better than the originals, good for them. How does that affect your life in any way? It's okay to disagree
  • I think there's confusion between a bad movie/tv show and bad Star Wars content. Its possible to have a bad show that's based in Star Wars just like its possible to have an objectively good show that happens to be based around Star Wars.

For example: Everyone in the world loves Mando and Grogu because they're perfect together and that has nothing to do with them being Star Wars characters. They're written and performed in a way that demonstrates how much they love each other. That relationship would hold true if it is was portrayed the same way in any other genre or series. Its why everyone smiled when they reunited - from the biggest Star Wars fan to the smallest who never even seen the movies.

For example: Boba has no motivation which allows the plot and characters to meander the entire time and never culminates satisfactorily. Honestly, ask yourself this one question - what was the ending to the show that would have made Boba the happiest - what does success/happiness look like for him? NOBODY KNOWS and that's why this show is held in much lower regard than Mando and why many of us left it disappointed.

One is a well written show with developed motivated characters and the other is not. That has nothing to do with Star Wars.
  • I mean... Everything Disney Star Wars has been absolutely horrendous and laughably bad so far... Of course people won't be pleased if it's the same level of trash as previous shows/movies from Disney SW era...
  • StewartH wrote: »
    Everyone in the world loves Mando and Grogu because they're perfect together and that has nothing to do with them being Star Wars characters.

Do not speak for everyone, I do not care for The Babysitter and his baby. Thought it was The Mandalorian not SW: Adventures in Babysitting.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »
    Everyone in the world loves Mando and Grogu because they're perfect together and that has nothing to do with them being Star Wars characters.

Do not speak for everyone, I do not care for The Babysitter and his baby. Thought it was The Mandalorian not SW: Adventures in Babysitting.

To be fair I’ve not seen you say you like anything
  • reylie99 wrote: »
    Not because of its quality, most likely it’ll be fine. But the way so many fans have built it up is setting themselves up for disappointment. Same old story.

I’m absolutely sure after the first episode doesn’t deliver on everyone’s wildest fantasies, there’ll be cries of “Disney ruined Obi-Wan/ this show is so boring/ X person involved doesn’t get Star Wars”.

If people had more realistic expectations and didn’t go into every show with a chip on their shoulders, they’d enjoy them more.

This is new. Whining about complaints that don't exist yet.
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »

To be fair I’ve not seen you say you like anything

That is called selective memory. I was one of the few who was defending the first two episodes of BoB. I didn't care for the few after with the "biker gang". Didn't care for Mando and Grogu taking over the show either, we have Mando 3 for that.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    If Kenobi and Darth Vader meet in the show, then yes there will be huge backlash.

My issue is the regurgitation of nostalgia in these shows. It is just like a bunch of fans in the mid 80's made these shows. Same characters on the same planet doing the same stuff with the same animals and vehicles. Lets move SW forward and not just spin our wheels in the sand on Tatooine.

Star Wars was a Skywalker story. It's like Dawson's Creek without Dawson, what's the point?