I guarantee now there’ll be a fan backlash against the Kenobi show

2Next

Replies

• LordDirt wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »
    Everyone in the world loves Mando and Grogu because they're perfect together and that has nothing to do with them being Star Wars characters.

Do not speak for everyone, I do not care for The Babysitter and his baby. Thought it was The Mandalorian not SW: Adventures in Babysitting.

That's fair. I agree not everyone loves those two.

What I meant is everyone knows what motivates those characters and their actions - their love for each other. Nobody knows what Boba is trying to achieve and why because its never made clear.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Everyone in the world loves Mando and Grogu because they're perfect together and that has nothing to do with them being Star Wars characters.

Do not speak for everyone, I do not care for The Babysitter and his baby. Thought it was The Mandalorian not SW: Adventures in Babysitting.

To be fair I’ve not seen you say you like anything

That is called selective memory. I was one of the few who was defending the first two episodes of BoB. I didn't care for the few after with the "biker gang". Didn't care for Mando and Grogu taking over the show either, we have Mando 3 for that.

This is called selective complaining. You talk about fan service regularly which is really what Boba and Fennic are. However, Mando, Grogu and the biker gang are "new" SW and you don't want them appearing.
  • Daerovius wrote: »
    I mean... Everything Disney Star Wars has been absolutely horrendous and laughably bad so far... Of course people won't be pleased if it's the same level of trash as previous shows/movies from Disney SW era...

yawn
    hello
    If Kenobi and Darth Vader meet in the show, then yes there will be huge backlash.

My issue is the regurgitation of nostalgia in these shows. It is just like a bunch of fans in the mid 80's made these shows. Same characters on the same planet doing the same stuff with the same animals and vehicles. Lets move SW forward and not just spin our wheels in the sand on Tatooine.

I agree! like in episode 8! in order to hit the dreadnought, the bomber must be OVER it !!! and drop the bombs!!! Isn't that moving forward? )))
    Marko Firefist / 4PDA HOTH
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    IceMRV wrote: »
    If Kenobi and Darth Vader meet in the show, then yes there will be huge backlash.

My issue is the regurgitation of nostalgia in these shows. It is just like a bunch of fans in the mid 80's made these shows. Same characters on the same planet doing the same stuff with the same animals and vehicles. Lets move SW forward and not just spin our wheels in the sand on Tatooine.

I agree! like in episode 8! in order to hit the dreadnought, the bomber must be OVER it !!! and drop the bombs!!! Isn't that moving forward? )))

Yes dropping bombs in space is dumb. But a star destroyer did fall into the death star so not entirely a new concept that objects in space fall.
  • Monel wrote: »

Yes dropping bombs in space is dumb. But a star destroyer did fall into the death star so not entirely a new concept that objects in space fall.

Also were the bombs not propelled

In space they will continue to move in the direction they were sent
    hello
  • I think there's confusion between a bad movie/tv show and bad Star Wars content. Its possible to have a bad show that's based in Star Wars just like its possible to have an objectively good show that happens to be based around Star Wars.

For example: Everyone in the world loves Mando and Grogu because they're perfect together and that has nothing to do with them being Star Wars characters.

They're written and performed in a way that demonstrates how much they love each other.

That relationship would hold true if it is was portrayed the same way in any other genre or series. Its why everyone smiled when they reunited - from the biggest Star Wars fan to the smallest who never even seen the movies.

For example: Boba has no motivation which allows the plot and characters to meander the entire time and never culminates satisfactorily.

Honestly, ask yourself this one question - what was the ending to the show that would have made Boba the happiest - what does success/happiness look like for him?

NOBODY KNOWS and that's why this show is held in much lower regard than Mando and why many of us left it disappointed.

One is a well written show with developed motivated characters and the other is not. That has nothing to do with Star Wars.

That is called selective memory. I was one of the few who was defending the first two episodes of BoB. I didn't care for the few after with the "biker gang". Didn't care for Mando and Grogu taking over the show either, we have Mando 3 for that.

This is called selective complaining. You talk about fan service regularly which is really what Boba and Fennic are. However, Mando, Grogu and the biker gang are "new" SW and you don't want them appearing.

Just because something is new doesn't make it good.
  • I dont recall massive hate on the R1. I also think it was decent movie. But for me the bar is pretty low: do not, I repeat, do not directly contradict something that was established in previous movies, and even more so, do not try to explain me that the events in the previous movies were not like we have seen them.

So please leave Maul and Palpatine to rot properly, if Rex said he chose to remove his inhibitor chip then dont tell us otherwise later, and if Luke has the power to redeem his fallen father, dont make him assassinate his own nephew. Simple task, failed in every single disney movie, except for R1. In that movie i did not spot a single contradiction with previosly existing movies.
  • IceMRV wrote: »

Same logic that spaceships have to turn sideways to dive through space

giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47bjbzy0sbqxorybr88r97m58i3lj6b7yz3z39y48h&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

I like Fennec a lot, I like Mando as a character but not as a babysitter, I like Greef, I like Moff Gideon, Cara Dune, The Armorer, Mayfield, etc. I dont have to like ALL the new stuff. We can still pick and choos.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Not quite selective memory, I did actually go back a little to see if I was wrong but didn’t see anything too recent. I agree the biker gang were awful didn’t like them at all but I think the ‘mando episodes’ if you will were really well done and now mando 3 in a better position when that comes back to give us a little more because the first 2 episodes would have had to have been him getting grogu back, they managed to fit it in with what was going on in book of boba nicely, even if it did mean no boba for 2 episodes.

Star Wars was a Skywalker story. It's like Dawson's Creek without Dawson, what's the point?

Starwar games begs differ.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited February 2022

giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47bjbzy0sbqxorybr88r97m58i3lj6b7yz3z39y48h&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

World War 2 logic… in space. Meh, theatrics and story telling
  • WD_40 wrote: »
    Here's a novel idea: It's okay to like some of star wars, but not all of it. And here's the kicker - you can choose to like any part of it! That's the best part about having opinions :)

If somebody thinks the sequel trilogy is better than the originals, good for them. How does that affect your life in any way? It's okay to disagree

This is really the most important thing said in this thread. Yeah, some people will complain about Kenobi even if it’s wonderfully written and amazingly directed. That doesn’t matter; if you like it, good for you. If you don’t, great. Just because your opinion doesn’t align with the majority doesn’t mean that it’s wrong. People will be arguing about Star Wars through any media until it passes out of all knowledge, but people will still enjoy what they enjoy and hate what they hate. The only difference arguing makes is that Mickey Mouse might overhear and then make whatever Joe Loudmouth wants to see.

World War 2 logic… in space. Meh, theatrics and story telling

Exactly why they did the bombing scene the way they did. SW has always treated space physics like on Earth. Dont get why people dont call it out in other episodes just 7-9.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    If you don't absolutely love every facet of SW you're a toxic fan. This is contrived by LF/Disney to be their excuse for everything. They will no doubt play this card soon in prep for w/e new show or movie is released.

That said, you can always find a reason to dislike anything if you look hard enough. Watch what you want, like what you want. If the resident Fandom is up in arms, who the f cares. My fav sw is the one with space, jedi, sith, etc.. like Doctor Who, fav doctor is the one in the blue box.

Herd mentality is boring. Make up your own mind. :)
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on