Got scammed on Chief Chirpa Omicron through german translation

GuardArminus
137 posts Member
edited February 2022
In the last 2 (or rather 1,5) Grand Arenas, i was really hyped about trying out the Ewoks with my Chief Chirpa and his Omicron ability.

In battle, I felt that something was off - i did NOT get, what the omicron has promised.

I have attached a screenshot, but i will also translate what it actually says in the following text:

German:

In Große Arenen:
Ewok-Verbündete haben +30 Tempo, verursachen 40% mehr Schaden mit Basisfähigkeiten und haben eine zusätzliche Chance von 40%, alle Ewok-Verbündeten als Unterstützung zu rufen, wenn sie eine Spezialfähigkeit einsetzen

When i translate, this is what it says in english:

In Grand Arenas:
Ewok-Allies have +30 Speed, deal 40% more damage with basic abilities and have an additional chance of 40%, to call all Ewok-allies as assist, when they use a special ability

ji2a327ezjw5.png

So, i expected that just by the amount of special abilites i used in battles, with a 40 % chance, i would hopefully get at least ONE SINGLE all Ewoks assist - but it never happened.

So i researched the forums and found the thread that shows Chirpas new omicron:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/251970/omicron-ability-update-chief-chirpa

The ability actually says: (...)and have an additional 40% chance to call an Ewok ally to assist when using a Special ability.

I would have NEVER used the omicron on Chirpa if the translation would have been correct.
Will the german players get refunds for that?

By the way, the german translations are sometimes really horrible. Until recently, Boba's basic did not even say that there is a chance for a second attack.

Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Mag sein das SEEs Special inhaltlich irgendwie Sinn ergibt aber es klingt seltsam. Ein paar Euro für einen professionellen Übersetzer wären sicher gut investiert gewesen.

„Befreit alle getäuschten Gegner von "Getäuscht" und belegt dieselben
    Gegner bis zum Ende des Kampfes mit "Getäuscht".
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    It is your right to request a refund, but this should be done through a Support Ticket if the refund is in-game goods
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    As far as incorrect translations go:
    Please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>