CG: Which data discs stack? And how do they stack?

We've had Conquest for more than 6 months now, but still no definite information from CG on how most data discs stack.We need a list that clearly describe each and every disc for each conquest on day 0. Every. Single. Conquest.
There is (at least) 5 kinds of disc that might work differently, and we only know the answer to one of them.
  1. Buff discs. Examples could be 'Entrenched', 'Offensive Buffs' and the first part of 'Evasive Technique'. How do they stack? Some say they just add everything, some that only difference colors add and some say nothing stacks.
  2. Static stats discs. 'Leader's resolve', 'Vitality' and those types. It seems obvious that they stack. But do they?
  3. Stat discs when X happens. 2nd half of 'Evasive Technique'. A disc like 'Masters Technique' (8% mastery when attacking out of turn) seems like it HAS to stack. But does it? I'm not convinced. And should it stack, but is just bugged so it doesn't, or?
  4. Heal when X happens. 'Opportunistic support III' and those that heal when you gain a buff.
  5. Discs like 'Voluntary Vanguard' has it written on them: (this effect doesn't stack). Those we understand.
And also understand that the gaming language of SWGOH is ... how do I put it politely?... really bad. The nomenclature is all mixed up (read AA's 'It's a trap!' and compare it to a new kit). The relevant part in this topic is that the phrase "stack" have several meanings. It can mean that 2 effects stack (like 2 discs). It can mean that the same effects stacks (1 disc that triggers twice). There might be instances were something stacks in the current turn, but not afterwards. This needs to be unambiguous.

Replies

• The only answer I have for this is hell yes vitality and leader's resolve stack
  • Anything that doesn’t specify it doesn’t stack, stacks.

However some things that stack don’t practically stack—for instance, Offensive Buffs gives you Offense Up, Crit Damage Up, and a third one. But having Offense Up two or three or even fifty-eleven times doesn’t give more Offense Up than one instance of it.

tl:dr—if it says it doesn’t stack, it doesn’t stack. If it doesn’t say that, it does.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Anything that doesn’t specify it doesn’t stack, stacks.

However some things that stack don’t practically stack—for instance, Offensive Buffs gives you Offense Up, Crit Damage Up, and a third one. But having Offense Up two or three or even fifty-eleven times doesn’t give more Offense Up than one instance of it.

tl:dr—if it says it doesn’t stack, it doesn’t stack. If it doesn’t say that, it does.

It's not that simple. A lot of discs didn't stack ('Entrenched' didn't just to mention one) in the first many Conquests. That might have been fixed. It might not have.
    The example you give with buffs actually do make sense if it stacks. Sure, it doesn't make a difference if you have 1 offense up or 2 offense up, but it can trigger both characters and other discs (like 'Stacking Offense' that gives offense each time you gain a buff). So it matters whether they stack or not.
    We need answers.
  • Cephei78
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Still now answer - is it really so hard to give us a clear information about the mechanics behind the disks?

If all disks stack except disks that explicitly state that they don´t stack, why are there disks that explicitly state that they stack? That´s not logical for me.

All disks should have "stack" or "don´t stack" in their description - that´s done in 10 minutes (well, at least for me if I´d know the mechanics behind the disks).
  • NicWester wrote: »

It's not that simple. A lot of discs didn't stack ('Entrenched' didn't just to mention one) in the first many Conquests. That might have been fixed. It might not have.
    The example you give with buffs actually do make sense if it stacks. Sure, it doesn't make a difference if you have 1 offense up or 2 offense up, but it can trigger both characters and other discs (like 'Stacking Offense' that gives offense each time you gain a buff). So it matters whether they stack or not.
    We need answers.

In that example you do not get two offense up buffs (50% + 50% = 100% more damage).

But both buffs will apply for stacking offense and other types of disks. One buff applies then is immediately overridden.
  • What are you talking about OP?

It's perfectly simple as what someone else has said.

If it says it doesn't stack. It doesn't stack.

If it says nothing it does stack.
  • Whatelse73
    2163 posts Member
    They made the changes to include the message "this does not stack" to delineate which discs don't stack. They also dropped the "entrenched" discs, so you can't get them anymore anyway. But yes, they did stack.
  • What are you talking about OP?

It's perfectly simple as what someone else has said.

If it says it doesn't stack. It doesn't stack.

If it says nothing it does stack.

Just asking, is this the official statement from CG or the assumption/experience of the community? I´d prefer an official statement - maybe I overlooked it?
  • Why would you need an official statement when the game tells you which ones don’t stack (and by extension which ones do)?
  • Please fix those quotes, so you’re not putting words in my mouth.
  • Cephei78
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    NicWester wrote: »

We need answers.

Why would you need an official statement when the game tells you which ones don’t stack (and by extension which ones do)?
    Please fix those quotes, so you’re not putting words in my mouth.

I´m sorry, that wasn´t my intention, made an error...

I´m a developer myself and the descriptions are not logical for me if the above is true and some disks don´t stack and it isn´t included in the description.

To avoid confusion, I´d sort all disks in on of 2 categories, simple binary logic.

Either "true" (=disk stacks) or "false" (=disk does not stack) it´s simple as that and should be included in every disk description.

I´m pretty sure all disks have a boolean flag for that anyway, they just have to update the descriptions and I can´t understand why a developer doesn´t do that.

Btw - I´m sorry for the reposts but the forum ate my post at some of my edits :/
  • @DarjeloSalas oh wise one...

I have to ask does it mean in reference to "stack" that when you apply multiple of the same disc or when the trigger for the buff/debuff happens multiple times?

e.g. Thermal Exhaust: 5 Debuff = 3 TD's
    so as I understand it that when applying 2 Thermal Exhaust it doesn't apply 6 TD's?
    but when 10 debuffs are applied another 3 TD's are applied? so you can end up with TD's being applied in multiples of 3

Therefore the Discs don't stack but the effect of the disc does (even though in the case of Thermal Exhaust it clearly states "this effect does not stack")
    This is the Way
  • There is absolutely no way Leader' Resolve stacking mechanics are working in this conquest.
    I have 3 loaded plus Fortified. My General Grievous should be decimating teams. 66% + 82% + 66% Max Health. Before applying these stats my GG has 137,780 health. Even if they're separately applied that should be 90,934 Health for each 66% and 112,979 for the 82% - That's 432,627 Health.

34,610 Damage to all droids at the start of his turn and add 5% Max Health for each Droid - Conservatively 20%, and let's assume that is calculated based on original health, so an additional 27,556 per turn. 1 turn - Max Health should be 460,180 - which should be his damage on a basic attack if debuffed - 598,237 damage from a basic. I'm seeing 226K -72K out of my basic attacks.

Again all conservative figures. That's not even getting into the Speed & Protection Factors.
    Wish I had known before I acquired 3 of them.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    59aad4pbmd0n.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?