Gear crunch empty promises

Prev1345
Ok CG, back in September/Oct you released a RA with a huge focus and long list of gear crunch upgrades aimed to help lower g7-11 pieces.

We are going on almost 6 MONTHS after this news and you have done 1 single change the week after news that included new gear pieces in the daily challenge. But this is it!!!!!

For the love of god where are any of the follow up changes that you promised like hard node double gear chances.

Stop pushing new toons and new modes, and give us what you already announced and promised the player base.

Replies

• But the daily gear change was big
    hello
  • And also the extra gear in the daily prize box
    hello
  • But the daily gear change was big

Yes wonderful to create a carbanti bottleneck in place of stun guns.

But I promise to do 10 things for, and I stop half way through #2. Did I fulfill that promise? Are you happy with 1/10 of the result? Would you pay be for a full job if I only completed 1/10 if it?
  • Decicrim wrote: »
    But the daily gear change was big

Yes wonderful to create a carbanti bottleneck in place of stun guns.

But I promise to do 10 things for, and I stop half way through #2. Did I fulfill that promise? Are you happy with 1/10 of the result? Would you pay be for a full job if I only completed 1/10 if it?

the carb bottleneck already existed tho you just didnt ntoice

i didnt pay for anything
    hello
  • Nothing they did matters because of... wait for it...

Kyrotech

Unless they are addressing kyros the rest is all fluff. I am certain they know this and it was probably the plan all along.
    Ok CG, back in September/Oct you released a RA with a huge focus and long list of gear crunch upgrades aimed to help lower g7-11 pieces.

We are going on almost 6 MONTHS after this news and you have done 1 single change the week after news that included new gear pieces in the daily challenge. But this is it!!!!!

For the love of god where are any of the follow up changes that you promised like hard node double gear chances.

Stop pushing new toons and new modes, and give us what you already announced and promised the player base.
    0J6kpiR.png

• MK6 med packs say hello.
  • CG is clearly better at promising and selling stuff, instead of delivering.

They postponed the GA crapensation for almost TWO WEEKS just to wait for the Executor event to end so...

Back in october they said we are gonna ease the gear crunch, but we need to do it in several phases, etc, etc, etc, but "oh wait, there's the new relic 9 if you want to wale".

They shure honor the name of "CAPITAL" games.....
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    MK6 med packs say hello.

Make sure to have shards on hand for them in shard store and once you finish the GET1 characters use the tokens to build up a stockpile. You can get enough to balance them with your other gear gains.

The ones not balanced are the two KyroTech, mk3 carbanti sensor array and to a lesser extent the mk8 biotech implant and the mk3 czerka stun cuffs. Eventually the later two will clear due the roadblock presented by the sensor arrays. You just need twice as many sensor arrays overall compared to the stun cuffs and implants.
  • What about g12+ gear, you need them for toons, and for relics. Bring me more of that.

I totally feel with you and the gear crunch is still a massive problem. But they did a little more than you've admitted:
    They added a free bonus Calendar that gives us some gear. They added Gear to the arena store. They now run bonus drops more frequently.
    They should do more, I agree. Carbanti, Stun guns, Handcuffs and both parts of the BioTech implants are still scarce goods. Same applies for Zetas.
  • zatho wrote: »
    Decicrim wrote: »

I totally feel with you and the gear crunch is still a massive problem. But they did a little more than you've admitted:
    They added a free bonus Calendar that gives us some gear. They added Gear to the arena store. They now run bonus drops more frequently.
    They should do more, I agree. Carbanti, Stun guns, Handcuffs and both parts of the BioTech implants are still scarce goods. Same applies for Zetas.

Those are all true and have definitely helped, but it's just frustrating that they haven't even finished with the Phase 1 changes that they already stated are going to happen, and have not said a word about it in months.

In the October 26th Road Ahead they said that the rest of the Phase 1 changes (increased hard node gear drop rates and dedicated core gear slot in the shard shop) "will roll out over the next month or so". It is now 2/3rds of the way through February, with zero communication as to why they failed to meet their own stated timeline. Maybe it's just me but I don't think the term "next month or so" means "four months later" (could even be longer, who knows how long they're going to drag this out), they really need to get this done already and tell us what Phase 2 will be.

Those are all true and have definitely helped, but it's just frustrating that they haven't even finished with the Phase 1 changes that they already stated are going to happen, and have not said a word about it in months.

In the October 26th Road Ahead they said that the rest of the Phase 1 changes (increased hard node gear drop rates and dedicated core gear slot in the shard shop) "will roll out over the next month or so". It is now 2/3rds of the way through February, with zero communication as to why they failed to meet their own stated timeline. Maybe it's just me but I don't think the term "next month or so" means "four months later" (could even be longer, who knows how long they're going to drag this out), they really need to get this done already and tell us what Phase 2 will be.
    I agree, they should do that. But it'a Capital Games. After this many year do you honestly still believe that they are true to their word or give a crap about the community/their customers? We all should know better by now.
  • I think what happened is that they weren't seeing the whales buying those core gear, because they had all their toons at relic levels. Now they've introduced many new characters in a short time and the whales have been buying those core gear and they are seeing that there is still money to be made with those old bottlenecks.
  • I think what happened is that they weren't seeing the whales buying those core gear, because they had all their toons at relic levels. Now they've introduced many new characters in a short time and the whales have been buying those core gear and they are seeing that there is still money to be made with those old bottlenecks.

You always assume that only day 1 players, who have already a full-developed roser, can be whales.

I agree, they should do that. But it'a Capital Games. After this many year do you honestly still believe that they are true to their word or give a crap about the community/their customers? We all should know better by now.

Maybe so, but this is more than just their usual vague "we are looking into it" statements. For example all they said about HSTR sim is they're going to look into it, and as much as I would like for it to happen soon I also don't expect it to because they never put a timeframe on it. In contrast they straight up said that the rest of the Phase 1 changes should have happened in November, yet here we are three months later, and nothing has been done
  • Could someone link that
    hello
  • To be honest, their statement “In Phase 1 we still have changes to hard node Gear drop rates” could mean they’ve reduced the drop rates. It would fall in line with their old statement of adding Kyros to help with the gear bottleneck. CG-lingo isn’t always what we assume it means.
  • To be honest, their statement “In Phase 1 we still have changes to hard node Gear drop rates” could mean they’ve reduced the drop rates. It would fall in line with their old statement of adding Kyros to help with the gear bottleneck. CG-lingo isn’t always what we assume it means.

Well in the September State of the Galaxy they specifically said the change would be to "approximately double drop rate of Gear on PvE Hard nodes with Character Shards", so as much as I agree with you about CG-lingo that's not the case here
  • We need this fixed...its taking forever to get gear 😆

• Yes thanks
    hello
  • Remember when they said they were introducing kyros to alleviate the gear crunch. 😂

Perhaps but but some already stated they called out double drop, and if they did just increase drop chance then I have the worst rng for last 4 months.

If in fact they have changed anything after October then their problem is communication.

After the road ahead when they implemented the daily challenge gear they announced that the change happened. Great I know that they did something, but zero announcements for any other P1 changes why would I think they implemented them. I’d think as much slack CG is getting about their lack of care for players, announcing these would be a huge welcome and gain some player base praise, but honsetly so much time as past, people aren’t even going to be grateful anymore, you’ll just see a ton of “it’s about time CG” comments.

for now sticking with empty promises not filled :) please prove me wrong CG!
  • they gave us some relief in certain areas but there will Always be a gear crunch in f2p to download games. they have to guarantee some income, its basically a given. the crunch is better from g7-11 but to go g12 to relic is going to take planning and time for f2p. mk3 carbanti is now my main holdup but i do get 60+ a week from challenges, kryotech and mk 6 medpac are a g12+ item mainly so that wasnt addressed in their announcement (unless im way off which ill find out shortly from ppl here). i heartily agree that i wish more would be done but they are not in the business of making it f2p friendly, they are in the business of business which is making money and despite the complaints here they are doing that.
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI hello there! Care to comment? Oh wait, I know the answer. You don't.
  • I agree, they should do that. But it'a Capital Games. After this many year do you honestly still believe that they are true to their word or give a crap about the community/their customers? We all should know better by now.

Well I’m some what of a newbie I guess, I’ll hit 1 year in a month. I still had faith!
    But I’d think I’m a group they would want to cater too. I do spend a bit in the game if I feel value is equal to benefit, about to pass 4mil gp, I have my executor, GL hopefully in 2-3 weeks.

But The only things worth anything are the smaller $10 packs that contain energy. After joining and having the value of the journey guide gear packs for 29.99 to help my journeys and core characters suddenly vanish I’ve refused to buy gear. Even worse seeing the cost never depreciate newer items just push prices higher. Anything over $20 is a joke honestly in a mobile game.

While these new 500 crystal relic packs show up which you can buy 10 TIMES each with a chance to get 300% value
    The core gear 690 crystal packs for Core gear only grants 1 TIME with only 200% value chance, better luck next month.

Don’t even get me started on gac/arena change for newer players if I had started 6 months later I would have already quit.

But having them dangle a carrot going on six months, almost insulting at this point, my 1 year review has gone from “fun game, little pricy to excel faster” to just “flabbergasted, not in a good way”

yes someone point out I missed out they added the gear to store slots and in squad store. whoopee I already had shard shop option.

CG make me want to stay around for my 1 year aniversary.
  • you are ignoring the core gear added to daily challenges and daily prize box for some reason
    hello
  • you are ignoring the core gear added to daily challenges and daily prize box for some reason

No that is the 1 thing I said they did, they added the core gear to daily challenges (this was great, wish it had increased carbanti count and included things like mk8 Binocs mk4 bacta, mk6 medpac, but hey maybe that’s p2)
    And yes they added 5 pieces of a random gear piece to the daily completion box. It was so small i forgot ;)

we’re not requesting something out of the blue, they announced a roadmap and half a follow through.