Gear crunch empty promises

Replies

• you are ignoring the core gear added to daily challenges and daily prize box for some reason

No he actually said they did that. His gripe, and rightfully so, is that aside from implementing the daily challenges and prize box, there still is no update to the drop rates on hard nodes, still no dedicated slot to the stores and still no update as to why we need an RA to implement changes announced months ago.

For P2 if they wanted to use the RA to mention those changes then ok. However there’s zero reason they haven’t completely rolled out P1 of the gear economy changes.
  • Yes, the heel-dragging is very frustrating. I'd have hoped they would be well into phase 2 by this point. It's kind of flabbergasting that after all these months phase 1 still isn't fully implemented.
  • They're just too busy making a new Inquisitorius team for whales to buy. Notice how the new toons are more reliant on kyros than before? They just moved the gear grind to another location.
  • Everyone knows that
    hello
  • They're just too busy making a new Inquisitorius team for whales to buy. Notice how the new toons are more reliant on kyros than before? They just moved the gear grind to another location.

Yeah, It was always expected that the grind would shift to newer gear relic pieces which would become the new bottlenecks, and quite frankly I’m kind of ok with this, you move the bottleneck to a slightly higher level (g11 is the new half way point to full power now)

I know CG has the data from last 5 months, but I don’t need a massive complex dataset, to say the only meaningful/noticeable items for me have been I don’t wait for stun guns and eyeballs anymore.
    But I can’t honestly say they “moved” the grind yet, they just created another one.

And you don’t need some massive recoding, the second most meaningful p1 it was simple increasing value of drop rates, that’s it, update values, change 1 to 2, or change %chance

On a side note, seeing another $25 core gear pack pop up in store today, not bad deal, but seriously CG offering more pay options is another hand slap to the face.

Just “flabbergasted”, my new favorite word ;)
  • Decicrim wrote: »
    They're just too busy making a new Inquisitorius team for whales to buy. Notice how the new toons are more reliant on kyros than before? They just moved the gear grind to another location.

Yeah, It was always expected that the grind would shift to newer gear relic pieces which would become the new bottlenecks, and quite frankly I’m kind of ok with this, you move the bottleneck to a slightly higher level (g11 is the new half way point to full power now)

It might be ok if it wasn't so much Kyro and at low levels. Darth Talon needs 50 of each at G8, Dash needs 100 (of each!) at G9. Why do we need 50 of each for one gear slot?! That's 2800 crystals, which is a week of first place wins in fleet arena. Not everyone gets first every day. All that for one gear slot on a G8.

They could have added a few kyros needed on new characters at G11, which would be fair since most newer characters are better than the old characters. In fact, it'd be nice if the earliest characters were much easier to gear, the JKR and after characters as they are now and newest characters with a few kyros.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Edosmage wrote: »
    Decicrim wrote: »
    Another week, another f u from CG. 🤥

A timeless statement, no matter when you read it, it's always true and up to date.

Any attention is better than no attention
  • Maybe as a newer player, you don't know how much of a shift the changes they have made represent. I've been f2p for three(4?) years now and the availability of gear is markedly better over the last 3-4 months. Yes, stun guns remain the biggest hurdle, but they ARE more available the daily challenge and more regular appearances in different stores. And yes, that then squeezed carbantis, but to be expected; and still not as bad a limiting factor as the previous lack of stun guns. Crystals are also more abundant so energy refreshes and ad-hoc purchases can be utilized more often. This is a strategy game, and part of that is utilizing limited resources.
  • Braezac wrote: »
    Maybe as a newer player, you don't know how much of a shift the changes they have made represent. I've been f2p for three(4?) years now and the availability of gear is markedly better over the last 3-4 months. Yes, stun guns remain the biggest hurdle, but they ARE more available the daily challenge and more regular appearances in different stores. And yes, that then squeezed carbantis, but to be expected; and still not as bad a limiting factor as the previous lack of stun guns. Crystals are also more abundant so energy refreshes and ad-hoc purchases can be utilized more often. This is a strategy game, and part of that is utilizing limited resources.

Not saying the gear changes that were made in November didn’t make a change. They did! But it still doesn’t change the fact they announced upcoming changes in October and only followed through on half.

Again not asking for anything new or what CG hasn’t announced they would do months ago!

Another side note: the linked mega thread from the announcement “state of the gear-alaxy” has been removed from the general discussions pinned discussions. Are CG just hoping we forget!!!! Come on!
  • gac qol is cool
    hello
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Braezac wrote: »
    Maybe as a newer player, you don't know how much of a shift the changes they have made represent. I've been f2p for three(4?) years now and the availability of gear is markedly better over the last 3-4 months. Yes, stun guns remain the biggest hurdle, but they ARE more available the daily challenge and more regular appearances in different stores. And yes, that then squeezed carbantis, but to be expected; and still not as bad a limiting factor as the previous lack of stun guns. Crystals are also more abundant so energy refreshes and ad-hoc purchases can be utilized more often. This is a strategy game, and part of that is utilizing limited resources.

Not saying the gear changes that were made in November didn’t make a change. They did! But it still doesn’t change the fact they announced upcoming changes in October and only followed through on half.

Again not asking for anything new or what CG hasn’t announced they would do months ago!

Another side note: the linked mega thread from the announcement “state of the gear-alaxy” has been removed from the general discussions pinned discussions. Are CG just hoping we forget!!!! Come on!

What did they announce besides the changes they already made?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Braezac wrote: »

What did they announce besides the changes they already made?

Roughly doubling the drop rate of gear on hard nodes, and adding a dedicated slot in the shard shop for core gear. Those two changes are what we're still missing from phase 1, and they're overdue by like 4+ months now
  • honestly neither of those is much of a game changer
    hello
  • honestly neither of those is much of a game changer

Honestly not the point. They announced these changes back in September, implemented half of the first phase then for whatever reason didn’t put in the other changes. Nor have they made any announcement or given details about the promised P2 phase of the gear economy changes. They were supposed to in this RA and they didn’t
  • A day late and a dollar short
  • ea/cg doesnt have a very good track record of telling the truth and honoring what they say they are going to do. you can add this to the long list of things like the Razor Crest where they said they would make it more available than before and put it in a farmable spot. well its not available more than before and ea/cg can say they accomplished something the players were asking for when they totally didnt. thats ea/cg for you if they can find a way to think they accomplished something regardless of if they did eventually people just give up fighting the lies and move on to the next lie.
  • Rius
    361 posts Member
    Honestly I have felt improvement already and maybe delays are caused by trying to get it right with other moving parts of the game. It’s key they get the balance right for us and for them. I earn more crystals, easily 3/4 fold more than what I did before with GAC changes. So I can refresh more than ever. So maybe they need to balance removing the gear bottlenecks sufficiently with more F2P crystal circulating without completely removing motivation to purchase for some people. This is a micro transaction game it should always have some level of grinding to encourage those who ‘want it now’ to pay. Remember CG is a company which needs to make money. If the gear economy changes are too generous they will not earn enough and if they are not generous enough people will get bored with bottlenecks such as the painful queues I had waiting for stun guns. Is anyone still struggling that badly?
  • ea/cg doesnt have a very good track record of telling the truth and honoring what they say they are going to do. you can add this to the long list of things like the Razor Crest where they said they would make it more available than before and put it in a farmable spot. well its not available more than before

literally incorrect
    hello
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    honestly neither of those is much of a game changer

Honestly not the point. They announced these changes back in September, implemented half of the first phase then for whatever reason didn’t put in the other changes. Nor have they made any announcement or given details about the promised P2 phase of the gear economy changes. They were supposed to in this RA and they didn’t

Was supposed also to be on Previous RA, but well...
    Probably they're waiting for Playerbase totally forgetting about???
    And wasn't just announce of phase 2 but also the missing content from phase 1 too.
  • Decicrim wrote: »
    They're just too busy making a new Inquisitorius team for whales to buy. Notice how the new toons are more reliant on kyros than before? They just moved the gear grind to another location.

It might be ok if it wasn't so much Kyro and at low levels. Darth Talon needs 50 of each at G8, Dash needs 100 (of each!) at G9. Why do we need 50 of each for one gear slot?! That's 2800 crystals, which is a week of first place wins in fleet arena. Not everyone gets first every day. All that for one gear slot on a G8.

They could have added a few kyros needed on new characters at G11, which would be fair since most newer characters are better than the old characters. In fact, it'd be nice if the earliest characters were much easier to gear, the JKR and after characters as they are now and newest characters with a few kyros.

I'd be more ok with things like this if lower gear levels needed say 25 instead of 50 kyros. then at G11/12 you need the 50. I also never understood why some basics need 5 Omegas others need 3, heck even some uniques or specials just need 3. Makes more sense that basics should just be 3 across the board and 5 for the others if you ask me.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Lol
    sdtdfe8rdfdy.png

Just keeping it front and center
    🤮🤥🤮🤥🤮🤥🤮🤥🤮🤥🤮
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    A day late and a dollar short

Luckily for me I have a dollar in wallet! Breaking even!
  • Monel wrote: »

Not if you bought the new increased marquee pack for a dollar more 😜
  • Monel wrote: »

too bad it no longer buys anything at the dollar store
    hello
  • Akwat
    16 posts Member
    honestly neither of those is much of a game changer

Definitely true, but we're all hoping that the phase 2 changes will be more significant. And there's no way to even find out what phase 2 will entail if they never actually get around to finishing phase 1. Hence, the frustration.

• The least they could do is acknowledge it, address it but don't act like it was never said. Keeping us in the dark about something you promised us was coming 6 months ago is just wrong
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I think I’ve acquired and geared the prereqs and 2 GL’s since then. I mean, it’s def way better than it was imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Mi114
    31 posts Member
    I really love how @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI though being the community manager sidesteps and avoids these community grievances. I have already written 4 General discussion post about these gear crunch promises and sith raid simming. Now I have lost hope and dont do that **** anymore.