• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I think everyone will agree the roughest patch is getting all the relics up to the requirements.
    Heck no!
    I spend by far the most amount of time filling in G12 Slots more than any other farm in this game.
    A few of the Left Side slots are common, but, half of them are not & everything on the Right Side of G12 is a major grind.

You don't find it worse needing to trade those same pieces for relics?

I don't know how long you are playing but I guess it might be different for smaller/newer accounts than larger/older accounts.
    If someone already plays for a longer time, they don't have that many new toons to level up. So for them it's easier to accumulate the gear needed for 1 or 2 new toons they level up. So they can gear them up relatively quickly. For them the relic material is used up faster so they need more time to get those together because their toons are geared up quite fast.

For newer players there are still way too many toons to be geared up and they all need the same stuff so it can't accumulate until needed again. It's always needed. So there is always a huge shortage. When I start a new character, it's always around g7 or 8 where I get stuck. Carbantis for example are one of the biggest, if not the biggest barrier. Suddenly I maybe need 150 Carbantis for 1 toon to get 1 gear level higher. If you try to build a new squad it's even worse. They all want the same and it takes "ages" to get them higher.
    In the meantime the relic stuff can be accumulated for those characters. When they finally can be reliced there was more than enough time to get the relic materials together.
    So I think that's where the crunches differ between bigger and smaller accounts.

That's not a bad assessment, but the guy to whom I was speaking has been playing for several years, also.

As far as being difficult for newer players, on one hand I sympathize with the difficulty. On the other hand, in all fairness, there should be some gates that keep a 1yr old player from easily competing with a 5yr old player, no? You should look at your competition as being those who began around the same time as you. Obviously money spent changes that for anyone, but spenders will always have an advantage. For everyone else, time spent is the biggest commodity.

I actually like both yours and lumiya posts, not just here but other threads too. I’m more lumiyas level just because I’ve only been playing 1 year.

You mention you should be looking at your competition as being those who began around the same time as you.

While I agree to an extent, I’d also like to use a second factor as similar roster comparison because some do spend and those that do should eventually in a sense be compared to people who started slightly before them.

But CG has thrown this completely out of the window with their new single ladder gac. Personally I enjoy the journey aspects of the game, gac is just a way for me to have crystals.

I mean let’s be honest even if you had a roster with all toons geared to g12, your still not going to do well against a roster with 20+ relics but inly 100 toons.
    So why hold back the core gear, to get to g12.

I imagine it there is some timeline CG has in mind for how far a person is able to progress in a given amount of time. I would assume they have come up with something that they believe maximizes spending for people in their 1st year.

I mean, sure, from my perspective it's easy to say just make it easier to get to g12. I certainly wouldn't be bothered at all.

Hopefully this "phase 2" of gear changes (if/when it happens) will address this problem in a way that's good for everyone.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Here a quote I found from Doja from September 30, 2021:
    Nauros wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Things to keep in mind:

This is the first phase of addressing the gear economy, not the final phase.
    The TW MM changes are meant to create more competitive match-ups and discourage sandbagging.

Being less secretive about the full plan might help...

If the MM algorithm were known to the public, then the concern is it would be easier to exploit. So, we're not gonna elaborate on it more than a high-level view.

Of course. I was reacting more to the part about the gear economy.

This is a multi-step plan, part of which depends on monitoring how these initial changes will impact the overall economy, and stated we will provide more details as we get closer to implementing the next phase.

It's not an attempt to be secretive. It's more of a prudent message addressing the overhaul of a complex in-game economy system. Shooting from the hip or providing details on things that could still be in flux wouldn't benefit anyone. Crumb and I said as much as we could about the plan for now and will def say more as soon as we can.

• Decicrim
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Well let’s start another month with still no update on promised gear economy changes.

7 months of silence on the subject…..sickening!!!
    Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Well let’s start another month with still no update on promised gear economy changes.

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

It's been 7mos. Get over it already.
  • Ryanh1315
    122 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

Right, why would we hold CG accountable for something they promised? Crazy notion, right?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ryanh1315 wrote: »

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

Right, why would we hold CG accountable for something they promised? Crazy notion, right?

Irrelevant. We'll get it when we get it. Cry if you think it helps.
  • Ryanh1315
    122 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

Lol keep defending the incompetence and horrible business practices of one of the worst devs in the history of gaming just to go against the grain. You do you 👍
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

Lol keep defending the incompetence and horrible business practices of one of the worst devs in the history of gaming just to go against the grain. You do you 👍

You keep playing the game, no?

Only difference between you and me, is I don't whine about things I can't change.
  • TargetEadu
    1550 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

Only difference between you and me, is I don't whine about things I can't change.

Then why are you even posting here?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

That's perfect. Finally someone admits they only use the forums for whining.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    You can't have high hopes when they consider one-way flow of resources a "complex economy system". One has to wonder how they are able to fuction in actual economy...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

You call it whining, whatever, call it what you will. CG said something and didn't deliver. We are saying something about it, so, it's feedback. Not that CG really cares for our feedback, but we have to try.

Also, you are complaining about the people complaining, so....pot meets kettle?

Complaining about complainers...nice, first time I heard that one! Does the same amount of good too, huh?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

You call it whining, whatever, call it what you will. CG said something and didn't deliver. We are saying something about it, so, it's feedback. Not that CG really cares for our feedback, but we have to try.

Complaining about complainers...nice, first time I heard that one! Does the same amount of good too, huh?

Im not faulting you for it, just saying we are one and the same.

I understand the idea of feedback. And a query now and then is understandable. But the guy I first responded to pointed out it's been 7 months. At what point do people take a hint?
  • TargetEadu
    1550 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe I just don’t like watching SWGOH turn into something worse. Or don’t like watching the worse part become more and more obvious. I don’t know.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

I understand the idea of feedback. And a query now and then is understandable. But the guy I first responded to pointed out it's been 7 months. At what point do people take a hint?

I think the opposite. I think everyone should make a post about why its been 7 months. We were supposed to get more info in March....we got nothin....apparently you are ok with that....Im not...and Im not alone.

Have you spent money in this game recently?

Not lately. And I'm actually not ok with it taking 7mos, so I guess those kinda make sense together, no? But at this point we all know what to expect, so if you spend a substantial amount of money and then get what you get, it's kinda late to complain.
  • dogwelder79
    1484 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

Are you sure? You can't change people complaining and you keep whining about it on every thread.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

Not that CG really cares for our feedback

That's the whole point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

That's the whole point.

I was surprised but my bug report even made it into trello:
    https://trello.com/c/J6SmRcTO/618-localization-typo-in-the-german-translation-of-loyal-hand

So they do listen and care
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it's another one of Crumb's puzzles and the gear update is coming in August.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

So you’re faulting someone for calling CG out on it taking a substantial amount of time to finish the second half of P1 gear changes when it was said it would’ve been done months ago? For calling CG out on a promise to update us in March but then got nothing? I mean if you’re ok with CG lying to its player base then that’s on you. However i find it funny you’re complaining about people complaining. Quite hypocritical and funny
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

That's the whole point.

https://trello.com/c/J6SmRcTO/618-localization-typo-in-the-german-translation-of-loyal-hand

About a typo, I guess.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

That's the whole point.

About a typo, I guess.

Important stuff first
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

So you’re faulting someone for calling CG out on it taking a substantial amount of time to finish the second half of P1 gear changes when it was said it would’ve been done months ago? For calling CG out on a promise to update us in March but then got nothing? I mean if you’re ok with CG lying to its player base then that’s on you. However i find it funny you’re complaining about people complaining. Quite hypocritical and funny

We've been over "complaining about complaining" at least come up with something original.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

We've been over "complaining about complaining" at least come up with something original.

Could say the same thing about always rushing to the defense of CG when people bring up valid complaints. However, you’re complaining about people complaining. Glass house if you ask me, but sorry it’s not original. Maybe try being original yourself ;)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Come the F on already!
    🙊🙉🙈🤥🤥🤥😤🤥🤥🤥

Could say the same thing about always rushing to the defense of CG when people bring up valid complaints. However, you’re complaining about people complaining. Glass house if you ask me, but sorry it’s not original. Maybe try being original yourself ;)

Yin and yang, my friend. One cannot exist without the other...

Ok maybe not. But we all get bored.
  • Options
    I for one would welcome any additional easing on gear levels up to G12. As relics are essentially what you need to be successful nowadays it is important for us to be able to get the characters up to that level as quickly as possible. I wouldn’t mind if they slowed the grind down once you get into relic levels to make up for the increased speed through the first 12 gear levels.

At this point, I am sitting slightly under 5m GP but my roster is very thin in characters that I can actually compete with in GAC. I just unlocked JMLS (my second GL) and really have about 8-10 teams that are solid teams and the rest are just trash at this point. When I first joined the game I went the traditional Phoenix to Empire/CLS route. Got Padme fairly quick as well as both Revans but still have yet to have the time/ability to get a solid NS team or a solid resistance team.

I know most of this can be solved by me picking a squad I want to work on and keep plugging away at them but doing so limits my ability to further compete as I would have to take time away from GL farming. I know it’s a trade off and we must manage our time/resources effectively but they really should throw us a bone with this since G12 really isn’t effective anymore, allow us to get to G12 faster and slow down the G13 grind, that would allow people to start competing a little quicker and should be a decent compromise for everyone.