Can someone please give a tutorial on tank challenge? (And look at my tanks)

Tanks are by far my weakest character group. I just hit level 72 and can't get close to beating this lvl of the challenge. I've never understood the mechanics of shatter point or how to beat it, but my guys were just strong enough to get it done. Now though with resources too valuable to waste, I don't want to level all these tanks up just to beat this challenge.

So if someone would kindly explain the mechanics of it and give advice on who and where to invest based on my guys, I'd appreciate it.

I've pulled or was given all my "tanks" except Boba Fett whom I just built to have a leader for this challenge. I got chewy to 7 stars quickly early before I knew what I was doing... I'm hoping the fortitude aspect makes him valuable.

Im using:

Boba Fett leader 4 star
Fives 4 star
Chewy 7 star
Royal guard 3 star
Poe 4 star

I also have teebo, first order storm trooper, guardian, etc, but haven't done anything with them.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    Han chewi boba fett RG
  • Citoak
    49 posts Member
    rg, han,chewie, mace and finn. put it on auto.
  • You need a royal guard basic attack to stun the Mace.
    Then...
    Teebo, when he is stealth, removes 75% of the turn meter of the Mace with his basic attack. If you put him as a leader, he will eventually become stealth.

Mace never even have an oportunity to strike...
    Specially if you have cheewy and poe messing with his turnmeter.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Tier 3 most any grouping can work. Tier 4 RG and teebo lead work great. I can still mostly auto it but when it gets to mace I have to select him as target. RG keeps stunning him and teebo with stealth drops his TM
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    I used to use Han, Chewie, Boba, Mace, and RG with Boba lead for the extra crit damage. Didn't work when I hit the new difficulty. So i bumped my RG up to level 70 and then went in with teebo (upgraded his basic a couple of times) as lead with Chewie, Han, and Boba. It worked, though Teebo did die. My other tanks are around 65. Just for reference.
  • Carbrenash
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Man, I'm not sure I want to spend all that to invest in teebo.....dang. He's 3 star level one and I've never equipped a thing on him...
  • Of late I have been using Poe, Ben, FOST, Finn and RG.. TBH of that group FOST is the MVP, his crit rate is amazing. :)
  • yea rg han and chewie make it pretty easy. RG gets stun most turns and chewie/han reduce turn meter making it so mace pretty much can never hit
  • Carbrenash wrote: »
    Man, I'm not sure I want to spend all that to invest in teebo.....dang. He's 3 star level one and I've never equipped a thing on him...

I'm currently lvl 71 almoust 72, and my Teebo is lvl 65, but i was doing fine with him while i was lvl 70 and he was 4 stars lvl 50. He only needs to be there to remove the turn meter, not to damage.

Anyway, i would recomend to have him, as he will most definetly be a king in a stealth team, if meta changes...
    Plus, i dont know why i think that ewoks will be great some day !
  • Skarcha
    115 posts Member
    Fives speed debuf, RG stun and Chewy TM reduction
  • Twyst3d
    58 posts Member
    Ive been using Teebo forever since, I was hard pressed for a 5th tank, and he was an easy farm through GW. My team is Chewie as lead, 5s, Windu, RG and Teebo.

People keep saying his leader ability makes him stealth, for some reason forgetting his second ability gives him stealth and 70% turn meter. So, save it for Windu. Use stealth as Teebos second action. The turn meter will be enough that you get to act again before Windu can. Buff his stealth to rank 4 and you can get 2 attacks in stealth that will eat 75% turn meter. Meaning, between that and 5s and RG having speed down, Windu will never once touch you.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    You need to max RG basic: it stuns mace all the time. The rest is cake walk.

Focus mace his droids don't matter
  • Of late I have been using Poe, Ben, FOST, Finn and RG.. TBH of that group FOST is the MVP, his crit rate is amazing. :)

I was livin' large on FOST also... until the level 72 INT challenge. :(

• OMG, the lvl 72 challenge is much harder. My team is

lvl 65 Teebo as a lead
    lvl 65 RG
    lvl 70 Poe
    lvl 60 Han
    lvl 60 Wookie

And i won 50% of the time because Mace is now much faster and resist to the RG stuns like hell.
    Any thoughts how to improve that ratio?
  • DrewN76 wrote: »
    You need to max RG basic: it stuns mace all the time. The rest is cake walk.

Focus mace his droids don't matter

Absolutely this.

I run :

Lvl 72 RG 7*
    Lvl 51 Plo Koon 4*
    Lvl 54 ST Han 4*
    Lvl 44 Chewie 4*
    Lvl 45 Old Ben 4*

This team has no problems with the Level 72 challenge BUT lives or dies on the RG stun. I use RG in my arena team, so he is Gear 8 and skills all at 7. If his stun fails, I will use Old Ben's ability and Plo Koon's defence buff and hope for the best.

Work up your Royal Guard and his Force Pike skill - you'll find the challenge gets a whole lot easier. If my awful team can reliably beat this, I have no doubt yours will, too :smile: