PSA: Chase drop rates have been lowered

1789101113Next

Replies

• zatho
    747 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    What acknowledgement do you want? We know, they know we know, we know they know we know.... do you so desperately need affirmation from an official source that says "yep, it changed"?

I don't need that. It would change nothing. Even if they did, the next question would naturally follow as to why. They clearly have made a councious decision to not tell us and no amount of bellyaching is going to change that.

I would at least like to know if they did not tell us intentionally or if they just thought it was not important enough to inform CMs about the change. If devs chose to change important stuff without telling us to maximize profit, I don't like it but we can't change it. But if they just thought it would not be important enough to tell us, then maybe we can show them that we like these information about any change that (except technical stuff in the backend we can't notice). So we need no filter what change is noteworthy.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Now that Outrider’s done, the consensus was that it was 3%, right?

Any chance we can hunt for an answer more before Kyle’s ship shows up?

You know it's 3%. What other relevant answer do you want.

Why was it changed from 4% to 3%? Why has this not been addressed? Will they stealth change the rates again?

I said "relevant" question. We all know you want to know why, but it's not relevant to the game since we already know it had been changed.

How is it not relevant? So instead of having an established 4% drop rate for cantina chases and 2% rate for fleet node chases we need to wonder what each ones drop rate is?

I think it’s completely relevant to know what an event’s drop rate is so we can make decisions on how much we want to spend in terms of in game and real life resources.
    Ultra wrote: »

Why was it changed from 4% to 3%? Why has this not been addressed? Will they stealth change the rates again?

because they don't want to address it

and its best if they don't address it

So you think it’s ok that after having established drop rates that they just decided they can change the drop rates to whatever they want per event, without any notice, for whatever reason they choose? You think that’s best? Lmao ok

I'm not personally wondering what the next drop rate is. I'm comfortable assuming it's 3% now, until it isn't. They could come put and say, "yep it's 3%" but that will not change anything I do one little bit.

The reason for why the change is completely irrelevant to game play.

So you’re then ok with the precedent this sets? you assume 3% for the next chase but then they change it to 1%? No notice, no announcement, they change it. Then back to 4%. Then back to 2%….see how that’s a bad thing?

Heck let’s say they decide to change the rates of gear farming too. They could drop it down to 15% right before a GL release then change it back after it’s been out for awhile. Bad precedent and devalues the in game economy.

They should be telling us of any changes to established drop rates. Plain and simple. We already know they changed it. Now we need to know why, and why they’ve been silent this whole time. It’s not best just to “leave it be” or “accept it”. That’s trash.

That's a lot of assumptions. It was changed once, and everyone is aware. If it were to change more often, I'd agree That's a big issue. As of now, that's not the case

It was changed once, and everyone is aware, and absolutely nothing is happening about it. So what exactly is stopping them from changing something else?

What do you mean "nothing has happened about it?" What needs to happen? Nothing. It was changed. We know it was changed. There's no reason to assume it will change again.

I already agreed that I if it became a regular thing, it would be a problem. Until that happens, it is what it is.

I mean that nothing has happened. No explanation or acknowlegement of a fundamental, detrimental change to the game.

Answer me this, what exactly is stopping CG from changing it again? The ideology that sure, we’ll let it slide with absolutely no actions or consequences this time, but if it happens again, that’s when we’ll do something? Because that doesn’t have a great track record.

I guess because they can change it any dang time they want, so just be glad they don't?

What acknowledgement do you want? We know, they know we know, we know they know we know.... do you so desperately need affirmation from an official source that says "yep, it changed"?

I don't need that. It would change nothing. Even if they did, the next question would naturally follow as to why. They clearly have made a councious decision to not tell us and no amount of bellyaching is going to change that.

How am I supposed to be glad they’re not doing it when they very clearly are doing it?

Yes, I want an offical source to say that it changed, and why. Because there are multiple explanations. There’s just one very obvious one that their refusal to communicate strongly implies.

I don’t want this to happen again. Which means I need to put my foot down now, here, and not later when it does happen again.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

I said "relevant" question. We all know you want to know why, but it's not relevant to the game since we already know it had been changed.

How is it not relevant? So instead of having an established 4% drop rate for cantina chases and 2% rate for fleet node chases we need to wonder what each ones drop rate is?

I think it’s completely relevant to know what an event’s drop rate is so we can make decisions on how much we want to spend in terms of in game and real life resources.

So you think it’s ok that after having established drop rates that they just decided they can change the drop rates to whatever they want per event, without any notice, for whatever reason they choose? You think that’s best? Lmao ok

I'm not personally wondering what the next drop rate is. I'm comfortable assuming it's 3% now, until it isn't. They could come put and say, "yep it's 3%" but that will not change anything I do one little bit.

So you’re then ok with the precedent this sets? you assume 3% for the next chase but then they change it to 1%? No notice, no announcement, they change it. Then back to 4%. Then back to 2%….see how that’s a bad thing?

Heck let’s say they decide to change the rates of gear farming too. They could drop it down to 15% right before a GL release then change it back after it’s been out for awhile. Bad precedent and devalues the in game economy.

They should be telling us of any changes to established drop rates. Plain and simple. We already know they changed it. Now we need to know why, and why they’ve been silent this whole time. It’s not best just to “leave it be” or “accept it”. That’s trash.

That's a lot of assumptions. It was changed once, and everyone is aware. If it were to change more often, I'd agree That's a big issue. As of now, that's not the case

It was changed once, and everyone is aware, and absolutely nothing is happening about it. So what exactly is stopping them from changing something else?

What do you mean "nothing has happened about it?" What needs to happen? Nothing. It was changed. We know it was changed. There's no reason to assume it will change again.

I already agreed that I if it became a regular thing, it would be a problem. Until that happens, it is what it is.

I mean that nothing has happened. No explanation or acknowlegement of a fundamental, detrimental change to the game.

Answer me this, what exactly is stopping CG from changing it again? The ideology that sure, we’ll let it slide with absolutely no actions or consequences this time, but if it happens again, that’s when we’ll do something? Because that doesn’t have a great track record.

I guess because they can change it any dang time they want, so just be glad they don't?

How am I supposed to be glad they’re not doing it when they very clearly are doing it?

Yes, I want an offical source to say that it changed, and why. Because there are multiple explanations. There’s just one very obvious one that their refusal to communicate strongly implies.

I don’t want this to happen again. Which means I need to put my foot down now, here, and not later when it does happen again.

It's good to want things.

They aren't "doing" anything. Doing is the present progressive tense of the word being It's ongoing. It is not. It "happened" and now it's over.

They clearly don't want to tell us why it was changed. Want, hope, pray all you want. Won't change anything.

z378rdkdblva.gif
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

They aren't "doing" anything. Doing is the present progressive tense of the word being It's ongoing. It is not. It "happened" and now it's over.

They clearly don't want to tell us why it was changed. Want, hope, pray all you want. Won't change anything.

z378rdkdblva.gif

But they are “doing” something, which is ignoring us. They said they would get back to us, so everyday that doesn’t happen, this topic remains in the present.

They essentially have gotten back to us. Ultra has made perfectly clear we aren't getting any more information, so it is a closed subject.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

z378rdkdblva.gif

But they are “doing” something, which is ignoring us. They said they would get back to us, so everyday that doesn’t happen, this topic remains in the present.

They essentially have gotten back to us. Ultra has made perfectly clear we aren't getting any more information, so it is a closed subject.

It’ll be closed when we get assurance they won’t stealth nerf drop rates. Yes, I’ll worry because when they do it again, my investment will be devalued. Sure, it may not matter to you, but to those that it does matter to, we will keep pressing for them to speak up and step up for what they’ve done.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »

how are you puting your foot down
    hello
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

z378rdkdblva.gif

It’ll be closed when we get assurance they won’t stealth nerf drop rates. Yes, I’ll worry because when they do it again, my investment will be devalued. Sure, it may not matter to you, but to those that it does matter to, we will keep pressing for them to speak up and step up for what they’ve done.

Your refusal to accept it doesn't change reality. You will not likely get any assurance that it won't happen again. Believe it or not, spamming the forums has very little effect on them.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited April 2022

It’ll be closed when we get assurance they won’t stealth nerf drop rates.

This thread will be closed the day i like my own post
This discussion has been closed.